(See All?) Announcements
606 Users Online
Bing

[s] i thought of angels choking on their halos — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by van who has 32 posts.
Inactive IX. Subordinate
Xulia Valle
It was comforting to know that this was not a normal thing that was found around these parts. Xulia was becoming more and more convinced in the existence of alien life as time went on. She wove her way around the standing rocks, brows knitted together and a frown on her maw.

This place was weird and it sucked. She had just decided.

Funnily enough, Xulia was doing the exact opposite of trying to drive Maugrim off. For once in her life, a stranger was not a bad thing to find, and she wouldn’t be opposed to a temporary companion in this strange place.

”Maybe we’ve all been stung,” she reasoned aloud, tilting her head to the side and looking over at him again. ”I’m not with my family, but part of me hopes that they’ll be here too. At least, my littermates and cousins.” She could do without a lot of the older wolves, really. Less competition, and to be honest, she really didn’t like a lot of them. ”You said you had a brother, right? Are you together?”
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Played by Sarah who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Maugrim Aethelred
Maybe she was telling the truth. Maugrim prided himself on having a pretty good internal lie detector, and she seemed sincere in her almost pensive wishing for her family. That sort of subtle emotion is hard to draw up on the spot. If that was the case, though, the young wolf hoped that they hadn't all been stung by this drug bee, because who knows what sort of crazy irregular shit that could cause. Tomorrow he would surely discover that there were wolves living in trees.

"Yeaaaah," he said rolling his shoulders and settling his posture again, "I left him sleeping uhh.. somewhere. I'll meet up with him again. He's got a good nose so I'm not too worried." For a moment he felt silent, weighing his thoughts carefully before he added, "Him and I have been having some tough times I think. Travelling is rough on us. We're hoping to settle down..."

He glanced around.

"Well certainly not anywhere near here." Not among the creepy monoliths. "Near water, I suppose. If there's any out there."
Inactive IX. Subordinate
Xulia Valle
Xulia was no liar. It was hard even for her to believe, but she certainly did not have the level of imagination needed to make up something like this. So she couldn't think of any reason why Maugrim might not believe her - in her mind, it just made sense.

"It's been tough on me, too, especially recently," she explained, nodding her head slowly. "I'll settle once I find my family. I can't do anything before then." Because she needed to know they were safe before she started her Grand Adventure to Take Over the World. It'd be preferable if they could come with her for that, actually.

She hummed in thought. "I'll probably still be around here for a while." She was thorough in her searching, and didn't want to leave any stone uncovered. "If you're still around, and you find water, let me know. I'll do the same."
Played by Sarah who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Maugrim Aethelred
you can either wrap it up with your next post or just archive it here @Xulia

He nodded. Of course being drugged and stolen away from your family was tough, and of course she would want to look for them. If Maugrim were a different wolf he might have offered to help her look but he wasn't really interested in aimlessly wandering around with some girl he barely knew. Especially when there was more of this land to see. Hrun was already a burden enough, in his own way. No sense adding another mouth on. Not that there was anything wrong with Xulia.

"Yeah, Idunno," the dark wolf said, shrugging again. "From what I can see of the land here," out across the expanse, "It might be awhile before me and Hrun have somewhere to settle. I'll keep an eye out, I suppose." Yawning, and reaching out with his forelegs into a big stretch, Maugrim eventually got to his feet.

"Well, I'll see ya if I see ya." And just as matter-of-factly he turned and began to wander back down the hillside to locate his brother.
Inactive IX. Subordinate
Xulia Valle
Perhaps under different circumstances, Xulia would have offered to stick around as well. But neither of them were, and she was getting impatient to find her family, so she deemed that this encounter had been long enough. She shook out her fur and stretched her own limbs as the strange man bid his farewell.

“Yeah, see you,” she responded before turning to head off eastbound, toward where she believed there might be water, and subsequently, more Valle wolves.

{ fade }