Google, Bing

fine and natural sight — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
dancing in the moonlight

Remembering that he wasn't able to help his mother in anyway while she was sick and was never able to hear her voice for the last time. That sentiment haunted him everyday, his heart aching to hear one more word to hear anything whether it was her scolding him or simply saying his name. He wished everyday that he could turn back time and give everything he had to spent one more moment with his dearest mother. Wishing to even find his father again to fold into his embrace like he once had when he was a cub. Missing all of this for some freedom. It made him sick just thinking about it.

No, I don't even remember the last time I spoke to my parents, he admitted, his ears flatting against his head for just a moment before he straightened himself again. His gaze hardened upon the mountain, trying to urge the broken feelings away. The kid probably didn't want a life lesson from him. Who was he to him anyway?

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall

The answer wasn't expected, just another blow. Chan's gaze fell along with his ears, which cupped tightly against his skull. It was a lot for the much more naïve man to process, and he made sure to take the time to digest what was said before speaking again. When he did, his mismatched eyes lifted back to Aleister's face.

"I likely won't speak to mine again either. But when my dad died, he told Nash he was proud. And if he could be proud of me, then your parents... I know I didn't know them, but I think parents understand. They love that we've lived the lives they gifted us, regardless of where we did so. That's... that's what I believe, anyways."

Chan hoped he wasn't coming off preachy, and knew that he was very far from knowing the details of Aleister's whole life. Still, he couldn't help the need to offer a different perspective. What was the sense in the man continuing to beat himself up over the immutable past?

"Didn't, anything good happen outside of this place?"

Because Chan knew that he had memories that were cherished and only belonged to him because he had struck out on his own. His first love, responsibilities that strengthened and molded him, lives he impacted and friendships he'll never forget. Maybe if Aleister could focus on what good came from his wandering paws rather than what it had cost him... it wasn't escapist, was it?

CHAN EASTFALL
(This post was last modified: Jan 24, 2021, 01:55 AM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
the rogue prince

The boy seemed affected by his words, which he was grateful for. Aleister didn't mean to scare him with his own shitty life story, but he wanted to make him realize his family should be a priority. The Vuesain man learned that lesson too late and know he was going to spend the rest of his life making up for everything. His companion's mismatched gaze lifted to his and wisdom beyond the Eastfall man's years poured from his lips. A smile lifted his ebony lips as he began to continue his way down the lake shore path, urging the man to follow.

Mulling over his words as he continued to reinforce the borders as they walked. Lots of good happened outside of the Lore. I met many friends, even some pretty girls, he answered with a chuckle. The next few words explained why the two of them kept away from the Lore for as long as they did. Both of them had mental struggles and needed to find peace. Neha found her own happiness, as did I, his mismatched gaze falling to the tawny man. The happiness was enough to keep them both going, traveling with the wind at their backs. It was nice for a while, but the tug back to the Lore had been so strong for them. The Vuesain siblings had let their paws mindlessly bring them back. Now here they were, together again with family. Did you find anything good?

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall

Chan wasn't sure at all what was going on in the other man's mind, but the smile gifted to him did cause the corners of his own mouth to tick upward tentatively. Aleister began to move again and he followed, dodging left when the Vuesain took the right and vice versa, marking and rubbing against the trees once they began to creep up from the ground.

Chan's smile strengthened as Aleister began to speak again, confirming that yes, life outside of this place had done him and Neha both well. He found himself releasing a breath of relief for his new friend.

"I'm glad," he spoke earnestly, before the question was turned back unto him.

"More than I could've dream of," the younger man grinned.

"You know, I met a wolf that used fallen trees to ride the water. Taught a blind pup how to help her pack hunt, even nearly had my own kids last year... so much happened," and it hurt so badly that he would never be able to tell his father about any of it, but he wouldn't dip back into that.

"It was definitely where I belonged, out traveling."

He diverged to mark a pine, and when he returned to Aleister's side he mentioned, "I promise, by the way. I'm not leaving Nash alone."

If anything, he would take his younger brother with him, but there was no way he was going to abandon Nash here. His brother would have the home he deserved, Chan would make sure of it.

"Thanks for caring about us."

CHAN EASTFALL
(This post was last modified: Jan 27, 2021, 06:00 AM by Chan.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A nearby creek is full to the brim with fish. +3 Health
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
the rogue prince

His smiled lifted even further at the knowledge that Chan found some good outside of the Lore as well. Aleister couldn't be sure what kind of man he would be if he had stayed in the Lore, but he was happy with what happened to him. He was always looking to improve himself, but he was happy with the way he turned out since reuniting with Neha and changing his path. That sounds rather interesting! One of these days you will have to tell me more about it, he answered with a grin. They would have to exchange stories about the lands outside of the Lore, he was sure their conversation would be colorful.

Me too, he murmured in agreeance as his mismatched gaze softened at the memories. As the two of them continuing marking, strengthening the borders to their home, he muttered softly his promise to never leave his brother alone. Glancing back, the older male nodded, happy that the Eastfall man made the declaration. Aleister had made the same one to his sister Neha before they left the Lore together and since that moment, he has upheld his vow. He didn't have any doubts Chan would do the same.

His next words meant more to the Vuesain than he realized. The rogue never was one to hold many friends or even make them this quickly. More of reserved than his siblings, he typically kept to himself or the ones closest to him. His sister was his best friend, but now not his only friend. I'm happy you and your brother are here with us.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall

Chan met his companion's gaze and grinned back at him, thankful that they had been able to make it through such a difficult conversation without lasting confusion or resentment. Things could turn and break so quickly, it was refreshing and comforting to have company willing to civilly talk through their darker emotions.

"I think we're gonna make for a great pack," he hummed agreeably. The four of them seemed to be having an easy time working together, something that would have made all of their parents very proud. It went to prove that it wasn't necessarily the most militant and strict communities which withstood the test of time. It was the ones who fostered love and trust in one another.

That would continue to be the path Chan pursued, regardless of what the future brought their way, he felt sure of it.

CHAN EASTFALL