684 Users Online
Bing, Google

A Rose For Everafter — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
For @Vayko

When she first became aware of herself again she could feel her body in a laying position. The air around her was cold, it had been that way before she'd slept. It was quiet except for the occasional bird sound, again nothing new there. The yearling was sent into a small panic when her eyes fluttered open and her vision was blurry. Trying to lift her head seemed like the hardest thing she'd ever done in her life. When she tried to move her legs they didn't want to work properly. A whinper of fear passed over her lips. Sharlee rested her chin on her foreleg hoping after a few minutes everything would be okay. Maybe she'd been maybe she'd been woken to suddenly by a sound and was now disoriented.

Everything came back to her as she became aware of a sharp pain in her thigh. As she reached to lick at the sore spot she remembered feeling something hit her there and then the sharp pain came. Slowly she'd become more tired which she'd attributed to the running she'd done after she'd been hit. Surprise overwhelmed her when her legs gave out and she collapsed before everything went black.

Returning to the present Sharlee took a deep breath and lovked her lips anxiously as her vision cleared. The sun shone brightly through the trees. Looking around the tawny girl noted the number of trees around her. Nothing looked familiar.

It was now or never she decided before pulling her feet under her and pushing herself up. At first she felt wobbly so she stayed still. Slowly she regained her her bearings and was able to move. One step then another and another until she felt more stable on her paws. She started walking slowly with her head down at first. She wanted to find out where she was and what had happened. 

"Hello," she called out into the forest hoping for the response of someone she knew. 

Played by Tasha who has 305 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
what i really need now is a double shot of crown

Vayko had only been alert of what was going on over the course of the past few days. He’d met wolves, started to establish a bit of a ‘home base’ to work out of until his cousins or himself could find other members of their family. It was like a bizarre case of Lord of the Flies where all the kids had been left amongst themselves with no adults to tell them what to do, and it felt very chaotic. There was a part of him that wanted control and the stability that pack life brought… but surely himself, and Viorel, and Andrey were all too young to lead a pack, right? They didn’t have the numbers either.

He had to take things one at a time. He was moving about the Wildwood, a forest that was admittedly and begrudgingly growing on him, looking for prey to take down. He needed something small that he could take down by himself because Viorel and Andrey had both wandered off to god knows where… and that was when he heard the voice. He recognized those tones, his ears perking as his entire body went stiff before he broke into an eager run.

Never before did he think he’d miss his older sister. Ever… and yet he found himself relieved to hear her voice. He let out a bark as he came into sight. “LEE! There you are!” His tail wagged as he butted into her much like a child, essentially wanting to tackle her like they were pups and playfighting again. “Where have you been?” He asked as his tail wagged and he sniffed her over to make sure she was alright. He wasn’t a healer, not by any means, but he had learned a thing or two about medicine from his time in the Estuary that he could hopefully use if she was injured, though admittedly she seemed fine to him.

Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
The more the tawny girl walked she still felt a little shaky on her paws. She was still having a little trouble stringing her thoughts together into one coherent one. It was fading though and she had enough clarity to see the forest around her. She had hoped the realization that nothing looked familiar was left over from her initial disorientation. As her mind became more clear she couldn't ignore that this was not the Estuary. That was when the questions started. Where was she? How did she get there? Why did she feel the way she did?

After all of that it hit her like a kick from a deer. She was all alone, no brothers or parents. There wasn't anyone to help her find answers to the questions she had. Her breathing quickened as she came to the realization of how bad the situation she was in really was. Before she'd had the pack and her family to help and guide her. Now looking around it just seemed like empty forest. Sure she'd heard birds but how would they help? 

Just about the time she was thinking that she was going to have to figure something out a familiar voice reached her ears. Immediately she started looking for her brother but she worried it might be her imagination. Then he appeared out of the forest and she'd never been so happy to see her brother than that moment. Her tail wagged furiously behind her as he butted into her and she stumbled a little. "You are too, I thought I was all alone," she said into the fur of his neck. Sharlee stood still and let him check her over and while she was doing the same to him he asked where she'd been. "I'm not sure Vay. I just woke up a little bit ago over there," she said gesturing with her muzzle. "I couldn't walk and it was hard to see. Whats going on? What is this place?" Maybe he would have some answers for her.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

He noticed that she seemed equally as happy to see him, a wide grin splitting his maw in a Cheshire manner as she responded, finding satisfaction on seeing her stumble a little bit. Some things never changed. He did let his smile falter with her words; if she thought that she was alone, then that meant their parents weren’t with her either… which meant it was still just him and his sister and the cousins. “I woke up a couple days ago… Andrey and Viorel are with me too. We haven’t seen Xulia or any of the adults though.” He started to fill her in on the situation immediately, as if this were a mission he had been training for his entire life.

The question came and he hummed softly before diving in. “We’re not entirely sure… from what I’ve pieced together these strange two-legged creatures bit us, and their bite had to have some kind of venom in it that knocked us out cold… not just us, but other wolves. We were all dropped here, but at different times.” He started to explain as he took a seat, taking a much calmer approach now. “Other wolves, wolves that we don’t know, they’re being rubbed with some kind of scent to make them smell like us. It’s all really weird.” He had been trying to talk his way through it for the past couple of days, recalling his conversation with Annaliese quite clearly in that regard.

“We’ve set up a little den here, just as a home base kind of thing, or at least I have and I’ve been exploring the surrounding areas trying to get the lay of the land. I don’t think we’ll be able to get home to the Estuary until after winter… not with the way the snows been falling here. We don’t really know where ‘here’ is either.”

(This post was last modified: Jan 13, 2021, 05:26 AM by Vayko.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A nearby creek is full to the brim with fish. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
@Vayko

Her whole life she'd been surrounded by family to help her with anything she needed. That small moment before her brother appeared was very scary to her. Realizing she no one was there to help her figure out this place she didn't recognize. The relief that came over her when she saw Vayko was so strong it was everything in her to not let tears of happiness fall from her eyes. Most importantly he seemed okay. She was very attentive as he started explaining what was going on to her. "So you've been here a couple of days? And if I just woke up then maybe there's hope that the adults and Xulia will be here too," she said hopefully, "I'm glad to hear Andrey and Viorel are here too but where are they." Sharlee looked around as of they would pop out at any moment. 

He went on to tell her what he'd gathered from his experience. It seemed so strange to her especially the part about the two-legged creatures. "That must be the sharp pain I felt here," she pointed to the place on her thigh with her nose. "Have you seen anymore of the two-legged creatures since you woke up." She wondered if there was a way to find out where they were. "So you think the two-legged creatures brought us here? But why and with other wolves too." It didn't really make any sense at that moment. She thought maybe it was cause she was still a little foggy. That in time things would make more sense. He then spoke about the weirdest part. "Tell me about it. That sounds very weird. It sounds like they are trying to trick us." That made the most sense to her. The question of how they had gotten their scents to rub on the other wolves came to mind.

Before she got it out Vayko explained what he was doing and about future plans. "Your den its close by?" A den sounded nice. A place for her to rest a bit and sort through what she'd learned. "It might be best if we can't leave until winter is over. It will give us time to find the others." She didn't want to go home without the rest of her family. "Having that time might help us figure out where here is." They would need a plan and she didn't think traveling back home in winter was a good idea. No matter how badly she wanted to go back to the lands she knew she wanted to make it there.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

In the couple days, he had been forced to change his entire way of thinking. In all of the adventuring he had done to the surrounding area, he had yet to come across a single area of claimed land so he’d simply decided to claim it himself… he claimed it for his family, a safe place for the Valle to gather. He’d had Andrey and Viorel with him which he felt made it easier to make it convincing, but now with Sharlee, things were even better. He nodded at his sister’s question. “That’s what Andrey thought too… we just don’t know where they are.” Vayko personally wanted to shelter in place and let them find him. “They’re off doing their own thing, exploring and such. I’ve been doing that too, but I tend to stick closer to the camp.” He offered, with a soft shrug. For now, it was just him and her. They would meet up with the other two later, he had no doubt.

He nodded when she mentioned the sharp pain. “Sounds like it; it’s pretty nasty stuff. It took me a full day to feel okay again, plus food. Food helps.” He offered up before shaking his head. “Nope, seems like they just dropped us and left.” It was a rude thing to do, but it beat being anywhere else really. “I think so, and so does Andrey and so does Viorel too. I’ve heard similar stories from others, though they were certainly personalities so I don’t know if we want to trust their word.” He was already conniving, figuring out where to go next.

The idea of it being a trick brought a nod. “I thought that too, but the cousins weren’t as easily convinced and we’ve seen no sign of it.” He offered. When it came down to it, none of the Valle were stupid so if there was some kind of trick, they weren’t prone to falling for it. He nodded eagerly. “Aye, it’s not too far from here. I was just travelling to the creek. It’s got fish in it. Mind you, not as good as the saltwater fish we ate back home, but it’s decent.” He’d been going to find himself some food, and he imagined she was hungry too. “Come with me and we can fill our bellies? I can show you to the den after. I slept for ages after I woke up.” It had been an awful experience that he never wanted to repeat again. "We can talk strategy after you get a little more settled too and figure out how to find the rest of our family."

Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
@Vayko

There was good news to be had in all of this. Her cousins Andrey and Viorel were there and there was hope that they would find the rest of their family. Even though she'd only just woken up and realized the situation Sharlee missed her family. All they had to do is figure out where everyone was. "Maybe we should do some scouting?" She offered. It would serve the purpose if learning the land and possibly finding more of their family. However, it seemed that her brother and cousins were already doing that. "I think after some rest I can help with exploring and maybe Andrey and Viorel will find Xulia or even some of the others." She suddenly felt like there was a lot to do.  "Do you think everyone will be here?" She wasn't asking for facts because she knew there wasn't anyway for Vayko to know for sure. Surely he had an opinion though.

So she and Vayko had experienced the same thing with the bite from the two-legged creatures. "It was scary when I first woke up and still not sure I'm back to normal," she admitted. When he mentioned food she realized she was a little hungry. Everything that had happened since she woke up had kept her mind off it. "I can't remember the last time I ate." According to what her brother shared next Sharlee came to her own conclusions. "It would seem they don't care what happens to us. Did you wake up by yourself?" It was a good thing the Valle's were a strong family. Being moved like they were might not go well for other wolves but the tawny girl was confident they would be okay. Vayko told her what her cousins and the others they've met thought about how they all ended up there. "It just doesn't make sense why these two-legged creatures would being us here. We don't go around doing that to rabbits and deer." It was getting to be a lot to take in. The whole situation was the strangest thing and she wondered why it had to be her family.

Sharlee wasn't the only one who'd considered that the two-legged creatures were trying to trick them. Vayko himself had the thought as well but he said there wasn't evidence of it. "There just has to be a reason." It would bother her and she hoped that it would all become clear. When they started talking about the den she was glad for the change of topic. She might drive herself crazy trying to wrap her mind around what happened. "It sounds like you've really started settling in little brother," she teased cuffing him light in the muzzle with her own. "I would love to see what you have going here. I could go for some fish now. I think anything would taste good at this point." She hadn't thought she would be able to eat when she first woke up with how woozy she'd felt. The longer she was awake she became more and more hungry. "Lead the way," she directed in regards to the creek. "I'm glad you set up a den Vayko especially if I'm going to end up sleeping for ages too." She nodded in agreement we he spoke of her getting settled and strategy. "That sounds like a good plan. I think my head needs to clear a little more before we make a plan." Having a plan though would help her to feel a little better. 

Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Vayko found it odd that she had been dropped so much later than the rest of them, and he wondered if this was some kind of ploy or strategy of the strange creatures who had plucked them from their homeland. What if their parents didn’t follow? His brain churned with the various ideas, a soft frown lingered across his features as he tried to figure out what was going on. He hummed softly at his sister’s question. “Perhaps; I’ve tried to stick close to here but there is a creek to the west I like to visit.” He offered, trying to be helpful. He didn’t know what this situation would bring. “I hope so. Family is all we can trust right now.” He didn’t like the idea of trusting any other wolf in these lands, especially with the lackluster personalities he had already had the misfortune of stumbling across. No, his cousins and his sister were the only ones he would deem fit to trust until he came across an actual adult in the family. Perhaps he’d find his Aunt Modesto. He always did prefer her company to other members of the council. “I think the weird creatures that brought us here, brought us here for a reason even if we don’t know what it is… and we have to be on our guards.”

He couldn’t imagine what it must have been like to awaken with no one around. At least he’d had the fortune of having the other boys with him. If he’d been like Shar and abandoned? No, he didn’t know what he would do… at least Vayko had been in the area and stumbled upon his sister before she got all turned around and ended up far away from them. “I did not… Andrey and Viorel were with me when I woke up.” He explained his own situation as he took a seat for a moment on his paws, letting his tail swipe across the snow on the ground and create a tail-angel. “I don’t understand it either.” He shared that sentiment.

They could consider the reasonings of the strange creatures later; his first concern was helping his sister get settled and back on her feet. The side effects from the bite were absolutely killer and he knew how the exhaustion could tug at them. He snorted and rolled his eyes. “I’m not that much younger!” He defended to his slightly older sister. “I’m a nester, you know that.” He wasn’t fond of adventure because it went against everything he fundamentally believed in. No, he preferred his plots and plans to an adventure that took him far from home like this. He led the way to the creek. “I’m glad I did too. Viorel and Andrey like to wander and explore and learn the land, but I’m happy with this forest. It’s got character.” The charring on the trees, for example, added character. “I agree, dear sister.” He drawled the nickname out in a teasing manner. “Once you’re fed and rested, we can figure out what the hell is going on.”

Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
@Vayko

Sharlee hadn't really thought about it until her head had cleared a little more. Why wouldn't she and her brother get taken with their parents all at the same time? To her that made the most sense since she and Vayko were still young. Sure they could probably make it on their own if it were spring but even she knew winter was hard for younger wolves. "It might be best to stay in one place. You and I could stay around here in case more of us get left here. Andrey and Viorel could scout further for any that might get left elsewhere." They really had no way of knowing if or when more of their family might get left. Vayko did seem hopeful that more would show, in fact it almost seemed like he was counting on it. Sharlee nodded, "Family is all that we can trust," she agreed, "But I think that we should talk with others and find out their stories." It might give them more clues to figure out what happened. At that moment she was starting to wonder if they would ever figure out the truth. It seemed there was always some new strange thing that happened. "I think you're right and I think we owe it to ourselves to find out. We must always keep our guard up of course now more than ever." They didn't have a packs protection anymore.

Whether he woke up alone like her or with others like their cousins she knew Vayko hadn't any control over that. Still she wondered if he'd had anyone with him so she'd asked. As it turned out it had been him and their cousins. "Good, I was scared I was the only one here until you showed up. My brother there to save the day." She gave him a big smile. She was glad that he hadn't had to go through what she had. She wasn't the only one that didn't understand, Vayko didn't either. "Maybe our parents understand and can help us when they get here." At least she hoped that might be the case.

Sharlee was glad for the chance to have somewhere safe to rest. She could still feel some of the effects of the bite from the creatures. She hoped that food and rest would help her to feel normal again. She smiled a tired smile at her brother, "Maybe not but you're my little brother." That was said in an affectionate way. He also spoke of being a nester which she nodded in agreement, "Yes you are and its one of the things I love about you." She knew that he would always be at home when she returned from her explorations. Up until then she'd never strayed far but there might be a day. It pleased her that they were in agreement and she smiled at the nickname glad that they were starting to get back to normal after what had happened. "Yes, that will be best. I will be able think better after food and rest. Then we can get to the bottom of this and get something in place to get through the winter." 

(This post was last modified: Jan 19, 2021, 11:09 PM by Vayko. Edit Reason: bolds were not working )