613 Users Online
Bing, Google, Vanadis, Finley, Jadon

one day you'll know — Arbol Rosado 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Greyer who has 234 posts.
Paradise Falls X. Subordinate
Adelard Gerau
"Yes, I’ve claimed this land all for myself. Excuse you."

"Psshhhh," it was the only humored sound he could make. If it hadn't been for his wagging, curled tail, one might've easily mistaken him for being unamused and utterly uninterested. He dared to sidle even closer, not to particularly stare up at the blossom-less arbol rosado but to get a good look at his companion up close. Spontaneity and chance encounter aside, Riven reminded Adelard of someone he once knew.

What blond he could make out in the dark was unfamiliar, too pale, too tawny, too fair... Perhaps, it was a very early memory or just a nonsensical dream, but there was something recognizable there whether he liked it or not. This was what put Adelard on edge, not much but just enough to make him question the déjà vu that was picking at his mind.

"Maybe," he answered, unintentionally trying to string Riven along. Obviously, he and his sister were not gifted in the art of medicine or looking after a sickly pack member; and, as for Rhaegara, Huddy and Saga, he couldn't be quite sure. Two healers were better than none; but, then again, having Riven around was better than being without a healer at all. "I can't really say but I doubt everyone else would turn you away if you wanted to join us. The Spring thaw might have other plans for us-" he didn't bother to specify 'who' since nothing had been confirmed, "but, I'm sure we'll cross that when we get to it."
heat stroke, bring the fire
ADELARD GERAU
black smoke, I take it higher
Played by van who has 107 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Riven
Had he been less observant, Riven might have thought Adelard unimpressed with his joke. But body language told a different story, and a smile crept across the boy's face as the other wolf stepped forward. He had to crane his neck back a bit - Adelard was unnecessarily large, in his opinion - but it was nice to see him in greater detail. His markings were crisp and clean, unlike the relatively uniform blonde that covered his own frame, and his eyes were about as far opposite to Riven's as they could get. Kind of like a forest fire, his mind supplied.

Riven could not know of the deja-vu his companion was experiencing in that moment, or why. Perhaps he'd learn later, but for now he was content to simply be in the presence of someone else. To not feel quite as lonely as he'd been for the last several months.

Blue eyes narrowed ever so slightly at the indecisiveness of the answer - Riven preferred straightforward responses, and that was not one of them. This wasn't something that he could overthink, either, or he knew he wouldn't do it. Because part of him, deep down, felt he deserved the isolation. Heard the voices of the wolves he had thought loved him telling him to head north, and don't turn back. This was supposed to be a punishment, and he could certainly be going against the will of the leaders, but...

"As long as no one objects," he began, his gaze breaking off from where he'd initially been making eye contact with Adelard. "I would like to have someone to travel with." It was easier to say than he'd expected. "I can prove myself useful, especially as Spring comes around and the herbs start to grow. I've been trained." He couldn't help but seek out approval - he needed to know it was truly okay for him to go along with them beforehand.
Adelard Gerau
The predictable prickling at the back of his neck came about like the cycling of the sun and moon. He had to tear his gaze away from Riven, the reaction bordering on timidity and bashfulness. Sooner or later Aubine was going to make an appearance. The feeling churned roiled in his chest as he glanced about, hoping not to find a flash of mottled fur in-between the trees. His lip began to twitch. He didn't want his sibling around. Not here. Not now.

He hastily thought about what Rhaegara might think, what Hudson or Sága might say if he brought Riven around. His sister would be all for Riven's inclusion; though, frankly, Aubine liked mostly everyone. Especially if she found that Adelard liked or tolerated them.

His ears and nose were starting to burn, "I'm sure no one would mind." The sway of his tail and warmth in his eyes were authentic. In all seriousness, Hudson did say 'The more able bodies, the better'... especially when it comes to eating well to survive through the last leg of winter. "And, I'll take your word for it. Your training and all." Another snicker as he half-turned in preparation to head back the way he had come from, "At least that makes one of us who's had formal training. It'll be more than appreciated." So far, so good. Maybe, if he considered himself lucky, his sibling had already cozied up somewhere for the night.
ADELARD GERAU
Played by van who has 107 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Riven
The sudden inability to make eye contact was slightly troubling. Riven couldn't help but glance around himself as well, a bit concerned that some unseen monster would leap from the shadows and consume them both. In the dark, he couldn't read Adelard's expression as well as he'd like to, but he could get a good enough sense of the stress. It caused his ears to press back slightly, his posture more tense than it had been a moment ago.

Riven slid a bit closer to Adelard's side, subconsciously seeking out a larger body for protection. Maybe if he were more of a fighter himself, he'd feel bad about it, but... well, in all honesty, he probably couldn't even fight off a coyote if he had to. He wasn't trained for that, and Adelard reminded him a lot of the guardians back home.

"That's good," he responded idly, still glancing warily in the direction of the shadows before he looked back up at his companion. Not being alone through the night was going to be a pleasant change. He didn't boast about his training any further - it would be more important to show them that he was skilled rather than talking about it. Instead, he voiced, "Are they very far off?" It was probably not the best idea to be travelling too far in the darkness.
Adelard Gerau
Heat radiated from his nose and over his cheeks in a wave of a surprise as Riven drew close. Night had completely fallen now and occurred to Adelard then that he must have unintentionally spooked him. He gave a closed lip smile to the smaller male then; there was nothing dangerous or menacing out here. At least, nothing that were of concern to predators like wolves.

He stepped away, starting to head back to where he had left Rhaegara and his sister. A couple steps further past a dark-trunked tree and an amicable glance over his shoulder was offered. "Not too far," he ventured further away from the heart of the Orchard, beckoning to his companion. "I was just taking a quick walk before settling down for the night. This way... if we're fortunate enough, you might just meet them before they sleep."

{fade.}
ADELARD GERAU