(See All?) Announcements
264 Users Online
Bing, Google

Somebody to love — Pedestal Rock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote>All she wanted to do was shake the tingling pain from her paws, it shot up her legs but she didn't want to draw any more attention to herself than necessary. She was ready for any attack that came but when Rhysis met her eyes then turned on the silver male she was taken off guard, even more so when the younger male stated she was not for sharing.

Her head dropped and her eyes narrowed as she watched the two cautiously, attempting to process exactly what he was saying. Was he trying to lay claim on her? <i>She</i> who had been fighting off intruders since before he even opened his adorable grey eyes... <i>What the hell?</i> she asked herself stunned. <i>Must be the hormones...</i> she growled quietly at herself.

Did he seriously think she couldn't take care of herself?

He had left her with the remaining kill, picked the buttercup for her from below the thorny bush, a buttercup she still had amongst her slowly growing stores but tangled amongst the trees roots where she could look at it and smile before she went to sleep. He pushed her off a collapsing dam and then laughed at her when she got bitten by a beaver attempting to make it up to him, but he walked away. Every time, he walked away. It was all too much... Panic was visible on her face as she started to slowly back up.

Was it her turn to leave when things started to get weird?

No. She would stay.</blockquote>
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Tyrant who has 526 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
I know, it’s awesome! Is it sad that I got up early just to reply? xD

<blockquote> As the silver brute lowered his ears and tail, Rhysis felt a little smug. Yes, he had taken him off guard but he supposed it was a lesson to learn the same way he had to, with vicious surprises. He released the brutes muzzle once he was satisfied the message had sunk in and took a few steps back. He didn’t say anything more, the truth being he didn’t know what to say or what had come over him. He’d just attacked the wolf he needed more than most, rather unnecessarily as a spoken warning might have done the trick, but he opted to harm instead. It was illogical and suddenly he felt himself wincing as a thunderous headache attacked. It struck right above his left eye, so strong that he faltered in his stance. His shoulder rolled and his head lowered. His left eye closed whilst he caught himself from falling forward off the tall height by thrusting a front paw out. He was sure they were getting worse.

He dare not look at either of the wolves around him then. He’d just shown weakness, a weakness so strong within him that it could one day be his downfall, all it would take was for one of his headaches to strike during a battle and he’d be temporarily paralyzed with pain, and that said a lot as he was so very used to the feeling.
With his grey eyes to the ground, he took a deep breath and rode out the initial shooting feeling from above and behind the eye. He felt himself silently sigh as it began to slithering across the rest of his skull but it wasn’t quite as painful once the initial bolt of it started to spread out. Satisfied that he could now ignore the pain, he lifted his head back up and stood tall once more. He didn’t want to look towards either wolf, especially not now. He had never known another wolf to suffer such pains in the head and doubted either would understand why he had almost fallen just then for no reason. He was so young, so handsome and a tiny pain in his head make him feel like nothing. He was weak. He felt weak, inside and out.

Finally, he glanced to Naira. He couldn’t read her expression, if anything she looked a little pissed about the situation but he couldn’t be sure if that was aimed at him of Valiant. A sudden feeling of hopelessness tickled his skin, that no matter what action he would have taken just then would have gotten him the same result. Valiant was probably getting tired of being bossed about by the younger wolf, sick of his attacks whether they were provoked or not. She was no doubt sick of him, he acted like such a fool when she was nearby. She was older than him and a pack wolf now- he had to stop thinking about her, especially when his pack was within reach. He felt like he had to pick a side, to apologise to one and not the other.

He turned to Valiant. <b>”I... You can’t touch this one. She’s too valuable to her pack and we can’t leave any mess behind.”</b> and just like that the pride in his voice returned as did his dominant stance. He didn’t look back at Naira, he didn’t want to see the look on her face as he dismissed her so readily.
</blockquote>
[Image: winteriscoming-mg.png]
Played by becuffin who has 233 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
ahahaha no, I did the same this morning >.< I had intended to start work an hour early then i was like... nah... time for replies! typy typy typy on the phone in the lunchroom!

Also, heard in Nia's voice 'ima tumour, imatoumourimatumourimatumour' It's all her fault! >.<

<blockquote>He shook himself with relief as the younger male let go. He looked to the sky as Rhysis faltered and suddenly became enthralled with the twinkling stars. Completely ignoring them both in an attempt at giving them some privacy while hanging around for the mistake he knew the youngster was about to make. And then it came.

His eyes narrowed towards the other male, annoyed, still ignoring the tawny lady although her hurt was evident. Perhaps he would still get his fun and stir the boy into action. <b>"Seriously? Her <i>pack?</i>"</b> a nasty sneer crossing his face. <b>"I'll need a better excuse than that mate, if you don't want her, I do..."</b> he said sauntering towards the female who was still foolishly standing her ground. He winked to her reassuringly, puzzlement clear on her face. The young wolf would learn... even if it was at the expense of his own pelt.</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote>She watched as the pain crumpled him in front of her eyes but she didn't move forward. He wouldn't want to be seen as weak and she noticed his silvery friend had suddenly become an avid stargazer. She still wanted to rip his face off, but she respected him for not only taking a beating, but for respecting his friend enough to ignore him when he would rather not be seen. <i>Parthenium, willow, valerian, peppermint, chamomile, rosemary...</i> she was ticking off the ingredients for pain treatment in her mind, realising she had little if few of the ingredients she would need. Concern was painted clearly on her face when he finally regained his footing, but all concern was shattered the moment he opened his mouth.

She shut down.

<i>This one? Too valuable to her pack?</i> At times it felt as if they hardly even acknowledged her existence. And they had done just fine without her before. They would do just fine without her again if need be. The anger she had been bottling up for months began to bubble to the surface. That wolf at the Creek was lucky not to catch a good dose of it when he suddenly turned on her but she had managed to control it then. She wasn't sure she could now.

She hardly heard the silver males snide remarks but there was something in his face that was screaming trust, while every inch of his body screamed predator. She took a defensive stance, hackles rising as her lips pulled back from her glistening teeth. She just didn't care right now...</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2012, 09:12 AM by Naira.)

Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
<blockquote> Rhysis felt a snarl bubbling up within him as Valiant so casually slipped down the height and towards Naira, as if what he had said was no big deal. His words that followed were enough to let the sound escape from his jaws. Why the hell was he so bothered?! Another spike of pain shot across his head but he ignored it and forced himself to slip down the heights, far easier than the other two thanks to his height, until he too was on the flat terrain standing behind Valiant. He kept his distance and simple watched. Unable to decide what to do here.

He didn’t know why he wanted Valiant to leave Naira alone. He didn’t know why he felt so angry when he thought of her with other males. He didn’t even know why he was getting so hacked off about the situation they were in right now. He had never denied access to a female for Valiant, never had and had always thought he never would- yet here was, growling his head off for a reason he couldn’t understand. <b>”A better excuse? What more do you need? She’s their second, their healer... they’re a tight family pack; you do not want to upset them. Not when we have so much at stake.”</b> he said, trying to sound as calm as possible... between snarls and baring his canines, which obviously wasn’t what he was trying to get across here. <b>”Use your brain and not your dick here.”</b>

Rhysis still couldn’t bring himself to look at Naira. He couldn’t meet her gaze with his own, but he felt the air around her changing. The tension he felt towards her was so intense he felt one of them was going to explode and very soon. He was so out of his comfort zone here. The feelings within him were such a mystery and his mind, so logical, was having trouble calculating just what was going on, not just with the situation but why he was feeling the way he did. All he could deduce that he was reacting on instinct, something inate within him. Something he had no control over. Rhysis didn’t like not being in control, that is why he was fighting so hard to ignore whatever it was within him that told him to stand next to Naira, to tangle his fur with hers and steer her away from here... unfortunately Rhysis was a born fighter and that included winning battles with himself.
</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
<blockquote>All he could hear was blaa blaa blaa. <b>"Keep telling yourself thats the reason..."</b> he almost purred as he got closer to the tense female. If anyone needed it she did, but he wasn't going to help her out like that. Not now he knew. Her muscles were visibly tensing the closer he got, her white fangs glistening in the moonlight. This was going to hurt and if he was correct in his assumptions from more than one direction at a time.

They were practically nose to nose and he could see the angry fire in her eyes. He tried to sooth her as much as was possible with just a glance and then he did it. He brushed down her side and tensed for the attack he knew was coming one way or the other, if not both...</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote><i>One more step bucko, just one more and I'll rip your fucking face off...</i> she seethed, the tension increasing in her body between wanting to get as far away from the silver male and beat the young wolf across the clearing at the same time... perhaps. She was still undecided if she wanted beat him or lick him to death like a stupid dog. Her grandmother would be disappointed if she did so, but they were far too close to each other to achieve either to any satisfaction.

The silver males intention was clear on his face as he moved closer yet again, her lips couldn't pull any further back from her teeth if she wanted them to. <i>I dare you...</i> she thought to herself, almost considering saying it out loud and then he did. His ridiculous fluffy coat brushed against her own tawny fur and she broke, rapidly spinning to latch onto the silver males flank. She would tear him limb from limb and roll in his shredded remains, staining her fur with his blood to wear as war paint.</blockquote>

Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
Poor Valiant. He is such a punch-bag. xD

<blockquote> Valiant must have hit his head. He was acting like a moron, purposely going out of his way to defy the younger wolf. It was strange that Rhysis should be so angry, but Valiant had always done as he was told with no questions asked. It was completely out of character for him to ignore all orders from the black male. His mind was working over time, trying to drag up facts, figures and variables in trying to deduce what the hell was going on. He was utterly confused and Rhysis was very rarely confused. It was an unsettling feeling... though not quite as unsettling as he watched the fluffy male drag his side along the other to mark her with his scent.

That was it.

Red descended across his vision. He couldn’t see, he couldn’t think. All he knew is that his teeth needed to sink into something. Into someone. With a thrust from his back legs he ploughed forwards into the pair. He’d been blinded by his rage that he hadn’t even seen Naira latch onto Valiant’s flank. He barrelled forwards in haste, appearing at is from thin air at the rear of the other male as he then reared up and tried to sink his teeth into the males fluffy rear whilst his limbs, tipped with talons, aimed to latch onto either side of him to keep him steady. Valiant’s intentions might be for the best, he clearly saw something that neither of the others did, but he wasn’t really the brightest crayon in the box and his methods would often lead in physical pain for him.
</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
<blockquote>Teeth sunk painfully into his flank as claws dug into his rear and teeth snapped at his behind. If he got out of his alive he would be lucky but hopefully they would both wake up to themselves sooner or later. If not tonight at least it would give them something to think on. He knew he had been stupid to provoke the younger wolf, but he hadn't expected the female to react so savagely. She was tearing into anything her teeth could catch and he decided enough stirring had been done for one night. It was time to make his escape.

Careful not to retaliate too much against the lady, even though his fearsome snarls did little to encourage her to let him go he focused the majority of his attention on getting Rhysis off his rear so he could flee and leave them to... Stare at each other dumbly and walk away yet again? With a final snap he was free and racing for the tree line with tail between his legs. He would sneak back later to check on them.</blockquote>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote>As soon as one tear appeared she released her jaws to cause another, before she realised, Rhysis had joined her attack. He was glorious in battle and the poor silver brute didn't stand a chance. It would have been bad enough for him facing the female on her own. His blood stained her muzzle but it wasn't enough. She had a large body to paint and she wouldn't be happy until he was either far far away from her or scattered across the clearing.

As quickly as it had begun the silver male was retreating and without thinking she moved closer to the dark male, pressing her tainted side against him to cover the unfamiliar scent with something she found more pleasing. She was panting still staring after the retreating wolf, the occasional post adrenaline shudder coursing through her large frame. She was still mad at him. But for once touching didn't bother her and she didn't care to dwell on why.</blockquote>