(See All?) Announcements
554 Users Online
Bing

we don't got a dime to our names — Beaver Dam 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 628 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
This thread is AW! Special tags to @Vayko @Andrey and @Clover since he's been hanging around with them but anyone is free to jump in.
Early evening, Overcast, 6.8F/-14C

I know we're supposed to want way more

Every day that went by made it clearer that they were not getting back to the Estuary, at least not anytime soon. The snow was thick, and they still had no clear idea of where exactly they had been dropped, or how far that was from home. Viorel was maybe starting to warm up to the trees a little more than he had been before, but he really missed the salty smell of the sea. It was thoughts like this that had sent the teen on an ambling wander following the closest creek he could find. This one was much nicer than the rapids where he had met Clover, this one burbled happily and the earlier today the sun had shone through the branches casting a nice warmth onto his dark coat.

It had been such a pleasant afternoon that Viorel just hadn’t stopped walking, just followed along the banks and enjoyed the sound of the water. Eventually he had grown lazy and had flopped down in a sunny spot for a rather drawn out cat nap. By the time he had woken up the sun had disappeared behind the clouds and the world was beginning to grow dim. Yawning widely the Valle boy blinked hard a few times, trying to wake himself up. It was so tempting to just stay here and keep sleeping, he was sure his cousin and his brother would find him eventually.

We may never leave this valley

Played by Tasha who has 305 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
what i really need now is a double shot of crown

Vayko, begrudgingly, had started to warm up to the lands around him… he kind of had to, after all. What other choice did he really have? The thick snow and harsh winter weather meant it would be stupid to try and find their way home, and it appeared his original inkling had been correct because he’d found Lee here too! Was there even the Estuary to return to? What if the adults and council members had been moved as well? He huffed softly as he made his way out towards the creek. He’d been exploring the surrounding terrain, and then returning to where he and his cousins had been dropped in the Wildwood, making it act like a home base of sorts for his own sanity. He could learn the territories starting in one place and then fanning out. It seemed like the best strategy.

It was then that he caught the familiar scent of his cousin, ears perking with a wide grin as he bound over, tongue lolling out of his mouth like a child. “VIO!” He called out with a bark seeing his cousin laying on the ground. He promptly collapsed in the snow next to him, tail wagging. “Viorel, you will never guess who I just met.” His tone was almost sing-songy, ever the drama queen, even for the happiest of news. “It’s Lee! Lee’s here too!” He’d found his sister! All that was left was to find out where Xules had ended up, if she had ended up here at all, and all of the youngesters would be together again.

(This post was last modified: Jan 15, 2021, 01:35 AM by Vayko.)
Viorel Valle
Open to @Sharlee if you would like, @Vayko

Viorel had just decided that he might settle down for another hour or so for a nap, smiling softly as he snuggled his head into his paws when the sound of paws alerted him. Opening a single yellow eye he ended up with snow splattered across his face when Vayko came bounding over and flopped down beside him. Sneezing - rather dramatically - the Valle shook the flakes from his snout and gave his cousin a playful nip at the ear in retaliation. ”You’re such a delicate flower Koko, you know that?” The nickname was just an added bonus, he knew how much the childhood calling card irked the now teenager.

There wasn’t even time for Viorel to tease Vayko about the fact that his tone was practically singing, although he couldn’t completely smother the giggle building in his throat. The full blown laugh was cut short, eyes widened in surprise, ”Well where is she? Was she with anyone else?” The dark teen looked around, as if Sharlee was about to appear in thin air with the rest of the Estuary following behind her. Oh what a dream that would be.

It also brought something back to the forefront of his mind, ”Do you think we should go looking for the others? Or, and this might be crazy,” all appearance of teasing was gone from his expression as Viorel looked at his cousin. ”Or, do you think it would be easier if we settled down here, or close to here? At least until the spring. Between you, me, Andrey, Sharlee, and maybe Clover we probably have enough to start something a little more official.” That seemed crazy, they were all so young, but it might be easier to survive if they have some kind of home base.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Vayko snorted in amusement as Viorel sneezed, though his expression quickly turned cold as he scowled at the use of that cursed nickname. “Whatever, Vi.” He snipped back, not finding amusement in what he had said. “At least I don’t go picking up strays.” He frowned, huffing lightly because he still didn’t trust anyone in this land who wasn’t family. There was just something fishy going on. Why else would the strange creatures bring them here and then just leave? It was odd.

He caught the surprise and Vayko huffed, considering not answering his question as payback as he licked the pad of his paw for a moment. “She’s resting right now at the log I always sleep near. She’s very tired; those strange two-legs bit her too so she’s a little disoriented.” He returned, though truthfully he had no idea if she was still resting or not. “She was alone. It was a good thing I happened across her otherwise she might have wandered in a direction opposite from us.” Vayko felt as if he had actually accomplished something.

The question fell and he hummed. “I dunno… Shar just got brought here. It’s possible they’re bringing us in groups or one-by-one which means it’s possible our parents aren’t even here yet. It’s possible Xules isn’t either.” He stated his observations with a soft hum and a sigh. At this point, he expected the entire family to be brought here one way or another. “Why Clover?” He asked with a soft scowl. “I don’t trust her.” Not that not trusting was all that uncommon. “There’s something weird going on here, we can’t trust anyone that ain’t us.”

Viorel Valle
Please no other joiners from this point forward!

The teen couldn’t do anything but smirk at his cousin’s annoyance, it wasn’t as easy to get under his skin as it was to get under Vayko’s. It would take a lot more to bother him than a comment about bringing home strays, but he had to stop himself from quipping better than any of the girls you used to hang out with at the Estuary. Normally that comment would have been quick on his lips, but the thought of Sharlee being around somewhere close by was more than enough of a distraction from what would have been the sickest burn.

Grey misted eyebrows lifted high above his yellow eyes, ”Did the two legs bite you? I could have sworn they stung me, kind of like a bee.” Except bees didn’t make you fall asleep, wake up sick to your stomach in a weird place that you had never been before. That wasn’t really the point right now, it didn’t matter whether they had gotten bitten or stung, what mattered was now they had one more Valle with them. If Vayko wanted to keep Sharlee to himself right now that was fine, ”Well, when she wakes up I wanna see her, I wonder if anybody else is around…..or maybe will be soon?” It just further enforced the fact that maybe they should stick around this area.

Rolling his shoulders to get a little bit more comfortable he voiced his thoughts, ”It seems like maybe we should stay around here if this is where everyone is being dropped. If we leave here and everyone else comes, how will they find us?” The suspicious tone and scowl earned Vayko a side eye from the ever so slightly bigger cousin. Viorel didn’t know what his problem was with Clover. ”Why not Clover? You seriously think that she somehow worked with the two legs to bring us here?” The judgemental tone the teen used made it very clear that he thought this was a stupid idea, how could she have even done that?

Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

His cousin chose not to return his comment, though that didn’t stop Vayko’s tail from lashing from side to side with the irritation that was brimming. He was a nester. He was happy in the Estuary and had never dreamed of venturing outward, simply controlling the lands he had been born into… so being removed from that setting against his will had driven him to a point where everything irritated him. His nose wrinkled lightly, listening to the question with a frown.

“It felt too sharp to be a stinger. I thought it was a bite.” He frowned at the thought, wondering what exactly had happened to him. “Besides, they didn’t sit on us… did they? Stingers come out the butt… maybe they clawed us? Is it possible to have poisonous claws? I mean, I know snakes have poisonous teeth so that’s why I thought we were bitten at first.” There were a lot of unknown variables and it really did not sit well with him. He simply hummed and nodded as he plopped down into a laying position. “M’sure she wants to talk to you and Andrey both… seems odd they’re dropping us at different times, but at least she was dropped in the same place as us, right?”

The suggestion fell and his tail lashed from side to side again with a soft growl at the thought. “We should be trying to find our way home. This isn’t home.” He answered without hesitation as he was not fond of the idea. He started to lick at the pads to his paws, interjecting where it was appropriate. “What I think is that a lot of wolves mysteriously showed up here because of these two legs. I think a loner I ran into with a less than pleasant attitude said she was rubbed down with something and this loner happened to smell like home when I’d never seen her before a day in my life. I think something is going on here and I don’t trust it so until we figure out what’s going on, we should stick to ourselves. It’s not a forever thing, just a ‘til we figure this out’ thing.” He did his best to keep a calm demeanor, but he was already agitated by everything going on that he probably sounded less than cordial about it.

Viorel Valle

Vayko’s frown was contagious, and soon it was mirrored on the dark teen’s face, he hadn’t really thought about the schematics of what the two legs had done to him. It might have been too sharp to be a stinger, but it hadn’t felt like multiple punctures like a bite would have been. Was it a single long claw? Who knew. It hurt Viorel’s head a little bit trying to figure everything out, and this was just thinking about how the two legs had captured them, let alone why they had wanted to or why they had chosen them. He definitely didn’t remember being sat on, the frown morphed into a full on scowl, ”I don’t know, I don’t remember being sat on but I don’t remember a lot. Just the sharp bite or sting, and then feeling really tired, then vaguely their weird grunting sounds, and waking up here.”

The scowl faded slightly as Viorel sighed, laying his head back down at his paws. Staring ahead of them he suddenly realized that they had been snoozing near a beaver dam this whole time, but he didn’t smell the familiar musky smell of rodent. Why was he even thinking about this right now? Were beavers really important to what was currently happening? Squinting at the branches he responded, Obviously I want to go home too, but you and I both know we aren’t going anywhere with all this snow. And, wouldn’t it be easier to survive the winter in a pack instead of wandering around aimlessly?”

Glancing back towards Vayko as he spoke Viorel could tell this whole conversation was starting to aggravate his cousin, not that he blamed him. This whole situation was beyond aggravating. Pursing his lips slightly as he listened to the little rant he responded firmly, ”And I agree this whole situation is the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard and that loner sounds suspicious, Clover has been fine and doesn’t smell weird. It’s going to be a lot easier to hunt something big if we have more paws on the ground.” The tone made it clear this wasn’t really going to be a debate, he didn’t want to fight with his family, but he was trying to be the voice of reason.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Vayko wished at times he could turn his mind off. He might have a blunt vernacular, and a brazen personality… he might pick fights left and right but he was always thinking. He was always clawing to get ahead. He supposed he got that from his father, or perhaps from his lessons from his Aunt Modesto. Either way, it did not matter the circumstances in this moment. His cousin detailed the experience and he found himself simply frowning in return. “I could have sworn it was a bite. I got real drowsy after and when I woke up I was in a strange contraption. I got bit again, and then when I woke up again I was here with you and Andrey.” He detailed again. He had woken up during transport, and they’d had to sedate him again to do an error in dosing.

The words were sharp, but Vayko took them with an impassive look on his features. “We have a pack. We have you, and me, and Andrey. We have Shar. We’ll find Xules, and my mum and dad, and your mum and dad. That is plenty of mouths to feed. Adding more in the middle of winter might seem like a good idea now, but it also means more prey to be hunted later down the line, Vio.” He explained his own line of thought with a head tilted to the side. He was convinced that they would find it. “Besides, what do any of us know about running a pack? Grandma wasn’t exactly the sharpest, and none of us were on the council. We’re just children, even if we pretend not to be.” He huffed because it was certainly true. At the very least, Vayko hadn’t learned shit about it.

It was true; Clover didn’t smell weird at all. Still, his head tilted to the side with a light jovial smirk on his features. “Do you like her?” The words came teasingly from his maw with a soft snicker, blatant yearling immaturity at it’s finest. Fine, I can relent that she doesn’t smell weird, and she seems to meek to be involved in anything sinister… just keep an eye on her. You know as well as I do that some wolves are just excellent actors.”

Viorel Valle
Fade out in your next post?

Viorel really didn’t like thinking about the two legs, what they had done to them, or why they had done any of it. He didn’t like not having answers, and he liked it even less that realistically he may never get the answers he was looking for. Grumbling a little in frustration at the thought he asked a question he was pretty sure he knew the answer to, ”Did you understand any of their weird sounds? It seemed like they understood each other but it sounded so stupid kind of like how deer talk to each other but I didn’t know what they were saying.” Maybe if Vayko had caught even a sentence or two they could piece it together.

Vayko had some good points, but Viorel wasn’t about to back down now that he had his mind made up. ”Yeah okay, we have the Estuary if we ever find it, but if we don’t and everyone gets dropped here we’re going to have to make a pack anyways. We might as well get started.” This comment was offered with a shrug, but it made sense to him, if they were going to have to do it eventually they might as well start. Snorting a little at the children comment, they weren’t pups after all, ”I mean we’ll be adults this spring, at that point we would have to choose whether we planned on vying for the council, waiting to challenge for leader or leaving to make our own pack or join another, are you saying you haven’t put any thought into it?" It couldn’t be that hard, it was hardly any secret that their grandmother was growing more confused by the day and she was doing fine.

Grinning slightly he snorted, ”Well she’s not hard to look at,” then growing more serious he added, ”and she’s a healer, that could come in handy if one of us gets hurt.” Standing up and shaking off his pelt he offered in a forced casual tone, ”We could lead the pack together you know, we would have better odds here getting something started than both of us managing to take the Estuary.” Gesturing with his muzzle Viorel began the walk back towards their makeshift base, it was starting to grow dark.

(This post was last modified: Jan 18, 2021, 09:47 PM by Viorel.)
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

There was a lot for the boy to consider, he knew that. He frowned at the question and instantly shook his head. “I wasn’t awake for long, but it all sounded like gibberish to me.” He mused, because if he had known what the strange creatures had said, he would have a far better position of what he was doing here and wouldn’t be left with so many questions. His nose twitched slightly as he rested his head on his paws with his ears pressed flat against his skull in an unamused way.

Vayko hummed softly, considering his words. He supposed that was right. Really, how hard could it be to find the way home? Surely the stars could give them some answers? They knew the stars at home, how the north star shown so in theory if they found the lineup and headed in that direction they could find their way home, right? He huffed at his point. “Of course I’d thought about it. I had a few things in the works.” He offered, admittedly rather vaguely because his plots had been tender and sensitive to the knowledge of others. He preferred not to speak of them now lest they still have the option of happening.

He didn’t want to settle for a pack here; he wanted to go home. Still, Vayko grinned and rolled his eyes. “I knew there was hope for you yet, Vi.” He teased lightly as he pushed up onto his paws, listening to the offer as he tilted his head. “You continue to surprise me… tell me more as we walk.” He offered as they started to make their way back to their base. Vayko certainly felt better about… well, everything.

-Fade-