529 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nori, Adora, Finley, Vanadis

Crocodile Rock — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hudson "Huddy" Macieo

Well if you wanted honesty that's all you had to say

Hudson sat and chewed on the femur he’d managed to rip off of their kill. He’d stripped it pretty well and was now using it to sharpen his teeth and hopefully break it open to reach the sweet marrow inside. His paws flipped it this way and that as he worked at it, his hip pressed up against the side of Sága to share warmth against bitter cold. The sounds of other wolves crunching on cartilage, bones and other meats filled the air, their bellies filling and their frames becoming heavier as they gorged themselves. This kill would satiate them easily until probably the end of the next week, then they’d have to kill again. It would probably be a good idea for them to follow the herds until the spring then span out their search for their families once more. His silver gaze flitted from one wolf to the next, his tongue running over his bloodied maw. “What’re your plans from now on,” he asked abruptly, his attention clearly focused on Aubine, Adelard and Rhaegara.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider 
Played by Pinn who has 117 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Sága Tainn
Saga, too, was searching for the sweet marrow hidden inside a bone, though her hunger had already been satiated. The silence between the group was comfortable, at least to her, and she was content in sharing Hudson's warmth. They weren't family, and maybe they never would be, but for all intents and purposes, it reminded her of home. Bright eyes flickered up from the food still at her paws, and onto Hudson as he spoke, and then to the three who had joined them. Now that Aubine had found her brother it was likely that her plans might change, and of the two newest additions to their little hunting party, she knew nothing more than what her inky companion had told her. If they could all manage to get along until spring it would be advantageous to stick together, but every wolf had their own prerogative. Still, her gaze trailed over Aubine, hoping at least if she chose to leave they would get the chance to talk first.
[Image: SAGA.png]
Sága is currently travelling with Huddy, Aubine, Adelard, Rhaegara, Riven, Maugrim & Hrun
Played by Tasha who has 178 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne
And there's an old man sitting on the throne

Rhaegara had settled not far from them with her own meat; she had taken a femur for herself, though it had taken some time to actually rip it off of the kill. She settled down and took her time to dig through the meat there. As a result, she was not done eating by the time the rest of them had finished, still working through it though her hunger was close to nonexistent at this point. There was a sense of ease and contentment around her, though she certainly had questions of her own. She felt some of those were better reserved for private ears only.

The question fell and Rhaegara felt guarded, not that it was terribly uncommon for her to feel so. “Likely going to travel some more.” She did not know yet what she wanted to do. There were a few things she knew, ambitions she held in life, but nothing she could see panning out in the foreseeable future, so for now there was simply adventuring. Adventuring had been dull, but having a companion to talk to and travel with certainly made it not only bearable, but more fun as well.

that's saying that i probably shouldn't be so mean
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Played by Greyer who has 234 posts.
Paradise Falls X. Subordinate
Adelard Gerau
One more successful hunt accomplished. Not only was Adelard's chest swelling with a sense of satisfaction, but his stomach was also. He had taken his share (a couple bites at first before he could separate a decent part of caribou ribcage for him and his sister) in turn, all the while constantly gauging the currently fluid hierarchy between the five of them. Like the others, he ate in quiet contentment, albeit a little further from the trio of strangers. Once through with gnawing a bit of cartilage, he nudged the piece onto Aubine's stake for her to consume.

For a time he simply loomed over her, tall and sphinx-like at first before sitting up and craning over her. "What're you doing here?" he growled under his breath. "I left so you would ascend." His muzzle wrinkled in fleeting disgust; he could only imagine what a mess their younger siblings were going to make. As the first in their generation, at least there were only two of them to begin with. The following spring in Adelard and Aubine's yearling months made way for three more rowdy Gerau pups; and, these three were definitely something else. Adelard was certain there was going to be quite a learning curve in grooming one of them to take after Mother and Father; their parents had done their first litter right but it was ultimately a good call for them to bear more heirs and heiresses... Just look where their first- and second-born had ended up.

"And, don't tell me you missed me," he hissed further to his sister as Hudson reeled them all back in with some light conversation about future plans. "You didn't need me, you were ready." One more disappointed glance and he lifted his head so he could properly look to where Rhaegara, Hudson and Saga had settled. His tail lifted and fell in a listless wave.

"Likely going to travel some more," Rhaegara offered.

"Same for us, also," he chimed in on his sibling's behalf. He cast a glance to his traveling companion as if to confirm their plan to continue onward. "Unless you two had use for more able bodies?" It was a reach, he supposed, but he felt they had worked well enough as a group of five to at least entertain the idea of what might unfold if they all stuck together.
heat stroke, bring the fire
ADELARD GERAU
black smoke, I take it higher
Played by Greyer who has 30 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Aubine Gerau
Aubine, after the kill site had been established, merely trembled in place as she panted. She had manners; she was capable of waiting for her turn. Hudson and Saga first, then Rhaegara and her brother... she moved to sink her teeth into the caribou's underbelly but quickly realized what Adelard was doing. She squeaked and trilled as he carried their share to a spot well away from the others; once they were far enough to whisper between themselves, she hastily settling down onto her stomach as he placed a few ribs in front of her. He worked on one side while she started on the opposite end.

She made quick work of the sinew and the little bits of meat she could snatch before Adelard even could. Her jaw quivered as she began to crack some of the bones. She had been waiting for it... the lecture... the reprimanding and the disappointment. Bright yellow eyes stole glimpses of him as he hissed and growled. She held her tongue, occupying herself with filling her belly in the meantime. Frankly, he should have seen her coming. They had come into the world together. It had been their birthright to explore and conquer it together. A monarch and his aide.

The Gerau woman let a rumbling growl suffice as a response to his displeasure. The way she saw it, he couldn't do anything about it. Her brother was not on their pack lands, where he had the most power over her, and she had already abandoned her place in line for leadership after her mother.

As the others began to converse again, Aubine kept silent, her molars much too busy with her splintered caribou rib.
(This post was last modified: Jan 24, 2021, 08:51 AM by Aubine.)
so I risk it all just to be with you
AUBINE GERAU
and I risk it all for this life we choose
Played by Kristen who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hudson "Huddy" Macieo
Well if you wanted honesty that's all you had to say

Sága sat quietly next to him, choosing not to respond likely because they were already traveling together. She seemed to just sit and listen to what the others were saying, which he admired. Rhaegara was the first to speak up, stating that her plans for her and Adelard were to keep traveling, which he figured would be the case. Still, he wondered if the thought of the travel difficulties and scarcity of food had crossed her mind as well. As he pondered, Adelard spoke up, his word choice and the way he looked at his sister telling him that she was going to be going with Rhaegara and her brother. What would his pale friend think about that? But, he didn’t really have a right to question it. He hadn’t been there to hear what they’d spoken about in their little group huddle away from the rest of them not too long before. Maybe that had been what they’d been conversing over, seeing as they were siblings reunited at last.

”Sága and I are lookin’ for our families but winter makes extensive traveling difficult, so we’ve decided to follow th’ herds until spring breaks then spread out more,” he stated, getting their plans out of the way first. ”As long as she agrees, I wouldn’t say no to ya’ll sticking around. The more able bodies the better we eat and I, for one, get pretty fuckin’ tired of hunger pains. I ain’t gonna pretend we’ll be this big happy bunch, I don’t know any of you and you don’t know me. But, if you hang around I’ll help at least make sure you don’t get mauled by a pissed off bear. You scratch my back I’ll scratch yours.” He was never one to mince words, he said things how he saw them and if they took offense...well they could scoot right out. There was nothing ridiculous in what he was offering, he didn’t want them to sit around and sing kumbaya. After spring hit if they wanted to do their own thing, that was a-okay with him.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider 
(This post was last modified: Jan 19, 2021, 11:32 PM by Huddy.)
Played by Pinn who has 117 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Sága Tainn

Saga couldn't help but smile into her bone as Hudson spoke, amused by his colorful language, and delicate phrasing. There was no denying that the raven-hued man had a way with words, but whether his way was the right way... well, that was a whole other matter entirely.

The silver woman did, of course, agree. With winter upon them, and the sorely lacking presence of small prey she'd noted since their arrival, a few more bodies would be a welcome addition to their... group? Duo? Whatever they wanted to call it, she couldn't deny the promise of extra food, protection, and ultimately, warmth. With the simple shrug of her shoulder, and a welcoming smile, she added, "I think it would be beneficial for all of us." Whether the others would think the same was yet to be seen, but Saga couldn't imagine they'd be able to disagree.

[Image: SAGA.png]
Sága is currently travelling with Huddy, Aubine, Adelard, Rhaegara, Riven, Maugrim & Hrun
Played by Tasha who has 178 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne

If Rhaegara was honest, she had thought this would be a one and done hunt, and mentally she had prepared for that. Adelard confirmed their travel plans, catching his glance with a curt nod to show that had been her intention… and then he asked that question, her eyes flashing curiously from him to Huddy and Saga and Aubine, considering the group in front of her. She didn’t know if she trusted them for anything permanent. She didn’t know if could trust anyone at that level after everything that had come before… but the idea of having a group to stick around with during the winter months did appeal to her.

She hummed softly, listening to his coarse words. He had a point. The hunger pains ached, and she much preferred to just have a full belly instead, like they did right now. They didn’t have to get along, they just needed to survive. She snorted softly at the mention of being mauled by a pissed off bear, a hint if amusement. He certainly had a way with words, did he not? She glanced to Adelard, silently asking for his thoughts on the matter as she had no preference either way. If her companion would rather they press on, then they could do that. If he preferred to stay with this band, then they could do that as well.

Played by Greyer who has 234 posts.
Paradise Falls X. Subordinate
Adelard Gerau
Adelard kept side-eyeing his sister, not because he didn't trust her or wasn't confident that she would truly follow suit, but for old times' sake. He had been her protector for as long as he could remember; he wouldn't have it any other way. Since she had nothing to add, he went ahead and assumed that she counted herself as part of a trio with him and Rhaegara. When Hudson mentioned that he and Saga were searching for the families, the Gerau gave an acknowledging nod. It was no wonder how his littermate managed to strike a chord with them.

"As long as she agrees, I wouldn’t say no to ya’ll sticking around. The more able bodies the better we eat and I, for one, get pretty fuckin’ tired of hunger pains..." Hudson couldn't have worded his weariness with the life of a loner any better. Fending for one's self, Adelard found, made for decent work but tough conditions. It was a good day if he could even score a bite's worth of foraged fare.

Hudson had a bit to say, "But, if you hang around I’ll help at least make sure you don’t get mauled by a pissed off bear."

Rhaegara snorted. Adelard slowly turned his head to look at her, attempting to glean what wordless thoughts she didn't say out loud. She met his gaze.

The dark man added, "You scratch my back I’ll scratch yours."

"I think it would be beneficial for all of us," Saga chimed in with a roll of her shoulders.

Adelard held his companion's gaze for as long as he dared. To her, he tipped his head with a quirked brow as if to silently ask what could it hurt? He exhaled as he looked back down to Aubine. He supposed the choice would be hers to remain with her 'friends' or to follow him (and Rhaegara, maybe, if she would tolerate him further on a venture to anywhere... if they actually chose to breakaway from the group). Glancing over the small band of wolves again, he let his tail sweep back and forth once across the snow, repeating in kind, "I'll scratch your back, I'll scratch yours." He let his little closed-lip smile momentarily touch his eyes. "Where were you all traveling to? Rhaegara and I were headed east," a small shake of his head in nonchalance, "just for kicks."
heat stroke, bring the fire
ADELARD GERAU
black smoke, I take it higher