Google, Bing, Isla, Chan

Woman Up [S] — Beaver Dam 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 89 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok

Nia Hervok
Side by side or miles apart

Front paws extended, raking through the snow as she plowed forward. Her thick winter pelt was bristled and wet as shallow water splashed back up onto her body. She snarled and snapped her teeth to and fro. The damned beaver slid forward on the ice and ducked into a hole. Brown body disappearing underneath the brambles that created it's den. Nia growled, pawing at the tiny animal's home and using her teeth to break branches.  

"Fucking rodents!" She hissed out. The woman hadn't gotten herself this way for nothing and wanted the damned beaver in her jaws already. Her butt lowered, belly hitting the frozen creek. She edged closer, dunking her head into the water without a care. The bitter chill hit her face with a painful ache. Still she went deeper, plunging down till half her body was submerged. Nia peered through the murky water, sticks poking out every which way. Finally something caught her eye and she latched on, pulling back hard.

With the beaver's tail in her mouth she tried to pull herself out of the creek. The powerful creature keeping her beneath. Her lungs burned, chest heaving for the air that would not come. She held her breath and bit down harder, blood spilling about the battling animals.

"Talking"

Tags: @Clover

OOC: Set for late morning on the 21st

(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2021, 04:14 AM by Nia.)
[Image: Nia.png]
Played by Melorama who has 387 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
Now that Ana's leg had healed enough for her to start walking around on her own Clover felt comfortable in wandering further away from where her group was staying at, but she would still return before too long had passed. Her nose was lifted up into the air, nostrils flared as she tried to catch the scent of something to hunt. She had already eaten that morning. but wanted to find something to bring back to the darker girl for her to eat, maybe a rabbit or other small burrowing creature.

However, her search was interrupted when she heard someone cry out a swear and then splashing nearby. She lowered her head back to shoulder level, brows furrowed as she following the splashing noises, sufficiently intrigued but also a little worried. The voice had not seemed panicked, so they were not in danger, but what was with all the splashing? Her eyes widened as she came upon a creek with a lightly-coloured wolf half submerged in the icy depths of what looked to be some sort of stick dam.

She prowled closer, head tilted and ears pricked forward at the sight as she came around from the side, not wanting to scare the wolf when they lifted their head out of the water. More worry filled her at the sight of blood spilling around the wolf in the water, and she could see something thrashing beneath the water's surface. But still she stayed back silently, not wanting to get caught up in whatever the wolf was doing.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok

Nia Hervok

Nia was oblivious to her new company, still fighting beneath the ice. Her hind paws scraped the ice as she planted them with force. Her muscles rippled beneath her pelt while she heaved backwards. Still the beaver managed to keep them both underwater. Her nostrils and eyes stung, lungs constricting within her chest. Finally she could take no more, stumbling back out of the hole and gasping for air. Water and blood dribbled off of her face as she forced air into her body. Emerald jewels landed on Clover, but she was still too busy regaining herself.

The woman laid on the ground, staring directly at the white wolf the whole time she fought to breath. Nia coughed a few times before sputtering out,   "Who-who are you?" It was odd to find someone here just watching her like that was normal. The dame would've understood if they had been joining her in the hunt for a share...but to just stand there like that? She staid down, looking at the woman with creased brows and accusatory eyes.   "What are you doing?" The woman would've preferrred to get up but her body was begging for a moment to recover.

"Talking"

Tags: @

OOC:

Clover Assana
She waited with bated breath as the wolf stayed under the water, long enough that she became worried they would drown. She had been about to dart forward and pull them up when the lightly-coloured wolf suddenly pulled back, stumbling on the ice and gasping for air. Clover exhaled heavily herself with relief. Blood mixed with water dribbled from the wolf's maw and down their chin, creating reddish streaks on their blonde fur, but it seemed the prey had eluded them.

Her ears splayed to the side apologetically as the wolf - who she could now see was a woman - asked who she was, a partial grin on her face that was mixed a little with a sheepish expression. She must have looked quite odd, just standing there staring at the other wolf. She sat down on her haunches, head lowered to shoulder level, when the blonde woman asked her what she was doing. "Sorry, I heard the splashing and thought you might've been in trouble, so I came to investigate. I apologise for staring, that was a little rude." It was certainly an interesting way of hunting prey, and she had very little experience herself in fishing or hunting any aquatic creatures. "I'm Clover," she said, tail wrapping protectively around her cold paws as she offered a bit more of a cheery smile, hoping she had not put off the other woman by watching her.
(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2021, 07:26 AM by Clover.)
Lone Wolf No Rank
Nia Hervok

Nia Hervok

Nia couldn't help but find herself sputtering out a few hoarse chuckles at the younger female's expression. It lightened her mood, and brought a thin smile to her lips. Her breathing was regulating itself now and so she slowly found her footing. The girl sat down, but the dame motioned for her to get up with her muzzle.  "I do have a trouble, if you're up for the task?" Her tail wagged, water and blood dripping off her pelt onto the ice below.  "I'm Nia Hervok, leader of a reforming pack." She stated this with clear pride, not hesitating to offer up discreet details of her home. If the other pried she might be loosed lipped, if comfortable enough. The woman smelt of other wolves though, and she suspected they wouldn't be recruit-able. Probably another pack returning to the area or something else of little interest to her at the moment.

"Now, if you're willing to help me with my troubles?" She asked before stepping off. The Hervok walked over and onto the beaver dam, carefully climbing up to the top. She took precise steps and moved thoughtfully. She reached the peak with patience and diligent effort.  "I'm thinking if I make enough noise one might come back out of that hole." She peered down at the girl, waiting to see if she got the memo or just wasn't hungry.  "If you're down to hunt, I'm down to share."

"Talking"

Tags: @

OOC:

(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2021, 06:07 AM by Nia.)
Clover Assana
It seemed the other female had not been offended by her staring, and her tail wagged at the other's chuckling. Well at least she had not blown this encounter completely. Her eyes brightened at the woman's offer, tip of her tail tapping excitedly by her hind paws. She was certainly up to helping the woman with her endeavours, as long as they were not particularly dangerous. Clover immediately bowed her head just a bit when the other woman introduced herself as a leader, reforming pack or not, the role of leader was a high honour back where she came from and she would offer her respect. She had not seen Nia anywhere around here, no smelled wolves with her scent, and so it was likely her pack was reforming some distance away.

She nodded at Nia, rising to her feet. "Of course!" She said cheerfully, quickly following after the blonde woman. Clover watched as she carefully climbed up the dam made of sticks, brows furrowed in worry. Falling from that height would not be too bad, but the sticks looked pointy, and with enough force the ice could crack if fallen upon. Her head canted to the side at Nia's words, confusion evident on her face. One what? She was assuming it was whatever creature Nia had been trying to grab just before, but she did not have much knowledge of aquatic creatures.

"I'd love to help! But uh... what are we hunting, exactly?" Her words were still cheery even with confusion plastered all over her face. She moved so she was at the base of the stick dam where the hole was, peering curiously into the darkness within, if not also a little worriedly. Whatever the creature was, it certainly had put up quite a fight, and she would be lying if she said she was not a little bit nervous.