Viorel, Google, Magg, Miriam, Vili

The Final Return — Cold Water Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

@Chan @Nash Mama's home <3

The icy water soothed her aching paws as she stood at the edge of the small creek. Her large dark frame easily spotted against the white background of the woods. Moonshadow was aging quickly, the last two years of being a loner took their toll and the years of heartache before had left their mark as well. Her coat had lost its glossiness and one could easily make out the outline of her hips. A few new scars adorned her collection thanks to her run ins with coyotes. To say the least, the once regal woman was now a sight for sore eyes. A sigh left her inky lips as she lowered them to receive another benefit from the creek. The water shocked her tongue, but the liquid was welcomed as it was a welcomed change from eating snow. Once she had her fill and her paws were no longer aching Moonshadow turned her attention to the looming mountain ahead.

Dull silver pools looked upon the face of the rock that was once her home. This place had given her so many fond memories and loved ones, but had also been cruel to her. The love of her life had been killed by a rock slide two winters ago and that shattered the ebony woman. She couldnt bare anymore loss. Having lost her husband and feeling as if she lost her best friend as well to a woman who did not respect her, Moonshadow needed every bit of family she had. Knowing her boys were safe within the cove the shadow went off to find her only daughter. She was determined to find the girl and bring her home so that they could have a family. Though after a month or so of searching and finding nothing Moonshadow returned to the Cove. Much to her dismay she found her beloved home empty and abandoned, not a familiar scent anywhere. Guilt filled her being as her mind raced through the terrible possibilities of what could have happened. Moonshadow spent days at Tagg's grave, praying someone would come home and that her nose deceived her. No one ever came and she felt like she as a pup again. Forced by hunger to abandon her home once again. Except this time she would not find a new one. Every so often Moon would revisit the cove hoping to come across someone. For the better part of two years she encountered no one in the Lore which she had found odd and heartbreaking but accepted as the new truth.

As she had done before Moonshadow was back once again at the cove. Except this time she had decided it would be the last time. She had searched for her children with no avail. She couldnt continue on like this and just wanted to be at peace. To be with her husband and the children she had lost in childbirth. She knew she would see Chan, Nash and Staryn again, just not in this world. With a huff the again woman stepped from the creek and gave her dark pelt a good shake. She then walked towards her mountain home with her head lowered, there was no one around to look out for anyways, right?

Word Count: 540
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall

Once again Chan and @Nash dwelled within the forests bellow their mountain home, seeking answers for the past and allies for the future. Honestly, at this point, the man wasn't expecting to find his mother ever again. When he had learned of Tagg's death, he had forced himself to accept as well the potential deaths of Moonshadow and Kajika. So when the trees thinned to make way for the creek's frigid waters, and a black form with pale eyes stood starkly against the snow, Chan thought maybe he was seeing a spirit.

His steps slowed gradually to a stop, ears pressed forward so far they quivered and his mismatched eyes widened. Could it really be?

"... mom?"

CHAN EASTFALL
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You smell the remains of an elk nearby. Enjoy your feast! +10 Health
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
@Moonshadow

Nash enjoyed every moment with his brother; he really did. He was pleased to have Chan back, to have someone from his family with him. And Chan had promised never to leave him again. But it was an odd dichotomy, because while he was alone Nash had been able to push down and ignore his hurt and fear and the knowledge that his mother and Staryn and the rest of their pack were probably gone for good. Being with Chan brought that hurt back to the surface, and it was harder to ignore. The ache of missing his mother and the burn of not knowing simmered in his chest, but Chan’s presence served as a balm for the very pain he brought up.

And Nash would take it. He could learn to ignore this new form of hurt the way he’d learned to ignore it before. He would find a new purpose and pursue it with fervor; and right now, that purpose was creating the Cove anew. The Eastfalls and the Vuesains; the next generation. All they needed now was a Tallis, his godfather, to come back to them.

But Nash was getting lost in his thoughts and they were supposed to be scouting.

Chan suddenly stopped, ears erect and focused and Nash pulled up beside him, eyes glued to what his brother had seen. He was frozen, perfectly still except for the twitch of his nose as he sniffed the air.

The elder brother was the first to break the silence. ”…mom?”

Nash was next, blurring into motion towards the black wraith before them. ”Mama!”

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The cold air stung her lungs as she sucked in preparation to scale a large bolder on her acend up the mountain. There was a sound off a ways that didnt receive anything more than a flick of her silver dusted audit until a ghostly sound made its way to her "mom". Shock stopped the large woman in her tracks. Was her mind playing tricks on her? Was she finally losing it? It wasnt until another unmistakable voice cried out "mama!"

Wide silver eyes whipped around to see not one but two unmistakable forms. They werent small pups anymore but instead fully grown handsome young men. A mother is always able to recognize her children, no matter how long it had been since she laid eyes upon them. Tears instantly blurred her vision, but that didnt stop her from bolting towards the pair. Nash's similar inky pelt raced towards her own. "Nash!" She yelled taking her youngest son in a wolf embrace. Whines errupted from her maw as she adored his face with hungry kisses. Her silver dusted banner beat behind her uncontrollably. Having given her youngest boy no where enough love the ebony woman turned her attention to her eldest.

"Oh Chan" she cried as she went to him. A nearly spitting image of his father, Chan tugged at her heart. She went to him and greeted him in the same manner as his brother. Tears streamed from her metallic pools. Joy washed over her. She had found her babies, she was saddened when she realized that her daughter was not with them but that would not take away from this moment. Moonshadow finally took a step back from her eldest so she could get a better look at the pair. "I am so happy y'all are safe. And together nonetheless. My boys are so grown up." She breathed unable to stop looking between the two. Oh how she wished Tagg and Kajika were here to see them. "Oh how I've missed you so".

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall

His brother was apparently far more certain, rushing forward without awaiting confirmation from the figure. Chan took a few more moments to be able to comprehend the reality of the situation.

"Mom," he croaked, voice breaking as tears stung his eyes. He charged through the snow after Nash, joining them both with great affection and crying freely. He buried his face in her dark fur and breathed deeply, treasuring every aspect of her presence and the warm memories it flooded his thoughts with. Gratitude that he'd been allowed this moment helped to overwhelm him.

When she pulled away, he had to fight not to follow, as though letting her go might mean losing her.

"I was so scared I'd never see you again, mom," he uttered back.

CHAN EASTFALL
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
It was true , it was their mom! And Chan was here with him to greet her and bring her home. It was almost perfect! She came at them with the same excitement that they had, and Nash had to skid to a stop before he crashed into her and knocked her over. He noticed she was terribly skinny.

The could deal with that later; she was home now. They'd stuff her so full of food she wouldn't know what to do with herself.

"I've been looking for you Mama," Nash said into her fur. "I'm so glad you're home."

If only @Staryn were here.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Nash's dark form nearly knocked her over as he collided with her down dark form. This display of longing paired with Chan's words of truth absolutely shattered the ebony mother's heart. How could she have left? She felt selfish for leaving to find one child while essentially abandoning her other two. Silver dusted ears fell against her skull while matching orbs filled with glistening tears. Moonshadow leaned into Nash who refused to let go when she took a step back. She could tell her eldest didnt want to let go either through his mismatched gaze. "I'm so sorry darlin'." she whined, "I never meant to be away for so long, and when I came back from lookin' for your sister y'all were gone..." she trailed off as a stream of water fell from her metallic pools. Never had Moonshadow ever wanted to make her babies feel any negative emotions, yet she had. She should have stayed in the cove...

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall

It genuinely broke Chan's heart to see the sorry and guilt in his mother's eyes. He moved in to embrace her again, chin hooked over her shoulder to her firmly against him. He loved her so much, wanted to tell her that she was the absolutely best mom in the world, but he found that the words weren't coming to him as easily as they usually seemed to.

Chan let her go once more and cleared his tear-thickened throat.

"Let's get you home mom, we have food stored and you can have our bed," he encouraged as he stepped toward the mountain's gravelly base. Chan would stay close by her side to make sure that she made her way safely back to the Cove's old den.

CHAN EASTFALL
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Hearing his mother whine in that manner broke Nash's heart, and he was quick to jump to her other side to help her when they began walking, sandwiching her between her two sons. "It's okay, Mama, we're home now," he said, giving her a bright smile. "And Neha and Aleister are here too."

Nash glanced at his brother over Moonshadow's back, hoping to catch Chan's eye. "We'll make sure to bring you some food and fluff the bed up a bit so you don't get cold." He knew his brother would have his back on this; they would have to talk about taking shifts. Nash didn't want to leave their mother alone longer than they had to. He was sure @Neha and @Aleister wouldn't mind having her join them; they were looking for more members to boost the forming pack anyway, and who better than a mother and former alpha of the Cove?

"I'm so glad you're home," Nash said, forcing himself to focus on the now instead of what else was missing. "Nothing else matters right now."