489 Users Online
Bing, Google

My bones arent the only thing aching — Hot Springs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 894 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Im keeping her return and individual meetings vague right now until after the group thread happens :) @Aleister

Tired aching paws traced the familiar path to the hot springs with ease as if she had never left. She had been up to the springs in years but her aching joints begged her for relief, the cold water not cutting it. She wasnt that old yet the years spent as a loner had caused her aging to speed up, or at the very least feel like it had been. As she neared the springs her coal nose took in the unforgettable scent. Taking a death breath Moonshadow closed her eyes and was taken back. Back to her first trip up there with Tagg, where he had thrown her in the water, where he opened up to her, where he said he loved her for the first time. Her heart skipped a beat at the memory and when her silver pools reopened, they were wet and threatening to overflow. A sad smile crossed her jet black maw as equally dark paws continued on.

Coming to the edge of the water Moonshadow slowed her pace and gingerly stepped into the pool. Warm water was a welcomed sensation that coaxed her in further. First to her ankles, then to her elbows, then finally to her belly. She stopped there knowing that if she went any further she would surely freeze when she got out. She stood motionless in the warm water of the springs, soothing her aching joints and trying to sooth her aching heart.

Word Count: 000
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
blood is thicker

The rogue hadn't made it to the hot springs since their return and after spending so long on the run, he surely could use a warm dip. At least to relax. Planning a pack was stressful in the least, trying to secure enough members to protect the claimed lands and to even secure the borders of their claimed land. Everything was a physical or mental struggle. Taking his leisure towards the springs, rolling his shoulders to loosen his muscles in anticipation to the warmth his destination offered. As he came upon the springs, the rogue realized he wasn't alone. However, at these this was a stranger within the springs. Well, he certainly didn't know the former lead very well, but he at least knew of her. Do you mind if I join you? He asked politely, a soft smile upon his ebony lips as his mismatched gaze peered at the ebony woman.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

" Do you mind if I join you?" The words were met first with a flick of a silver dusted audit then the turning of her head. Glistening silver met bright mismatched orbs with a smile. "Of course ya can dear" Moon replied sweetly with a warm smile as she moved to make room on the shore. The woman look the Vuesain boy over, he had grown into such a fine young man. Moonshadow never had the pleasure of knowing Aleister for she remembered him to be missing when she had joined the pack but hoped that now she could. He was just a pup when he had gone missing, much like her own tawny mismatch gazed boy. The likeness between the two was uncanny and somehow made her feel closer to Namid. "How have ya and your sister been?" the inky woman asked. She had genuinely been worried for the trio and hoped that they would someday find one another as she did for her own children.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
blood is thicker

Her silver gaze met his mismatched gaze, his smile returned. He never properly met the ebony lady, having only known of her when he returned to the cover a few years ago, but he didn't stay long to get acquainted. Which was his fault, but now he wanted to change that. This woman knew his parents better than he had and perhaps he could still learn about them through her. Settling in next to her, he was happy to let the warmth crawl through his veins. He was careful not to go too far into the depths as he would most definitely freeze once he got out. Her question reached his ears, her voice soft and motherly. We have been good. Neha is happy now, I think. He answered softly. He could not speak for her happiness but she did seem better than when he found her. He hoped she was happy now. 

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Moon watched as the dark agouti man settled into the springs next to her. Looking him over Moonshadow could see much of his father in his coat and the unmistakable mismatched gaze from his wonderful mother. A new ache was added as fond memories of the Vuesain's filled her mind. How kind they had been to her through the years and how much they loved their family and the cove, they were great wolves. Aleister answered her question softly stating that they were good and how he thought Neha was happy. "I'm so happy to hear that" the ebony woman replied letting her tail swish across the surface of the water. "Have y'all been home long?" Moon inquired as she tried to remember just when the last time she had visited was.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
renegade on the run

He could feel her pale roving over him as he settled in next to her, but he didn't meet her gaze yet. Aleister hoped to learn more from the woman about life while he was gone, but he always didn't want to cause her melancholy for having to remember memories from the past. Mismatched gaze glanced over at the inky woman, Nash certainly took after his mother, though he wondered where he inherited his deep green eyes. Possibly from his father, perhaps. A soft smile lifted his ebony lips as she spoke, No, not long. We only just arrived back around the new moon, he answered softly. The full moon was going to be upon them in a few nights, so they have made a lot of progress within a short time. Now, how are you fairing? Is there anything that I can do for you? Do you need anything? From what he put together, her and his mother were good friends and it only felt right to make sure Moonshadow was well taken care of. He couldn't help but notice the stiffness in her walk, perhaps he could grab more hides for her sleeping area.

(This post was last modified: Jan 23, 2021, 04:35 PM by Aleister.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

She hadn't been back to the cove for several moons and was surprised that the Vuesain siblings hadn't been there long. It surprised the charcoal woman that they all had happened to return at roughly the same time. Much like the planets aligning the odds of what occurred were slim but happened nonetheless. Whether it was a divine power that drew them all back together or simply pure luck, it didnt matter to the former matriarch. Her family was back, even if they weren't whole they at least had each other now. "The important thing is that y'all made it home" she hummed deciding to focus on the happiness from their unlikely reunion.

The questions that came next surprised Moonshadow, though they shouldn't have. Kindness and compassion clearly was passed from one generation to the next. "I'm certainly not as young as I once was" she laughed lightheartedly. "But after findin' y'all here, its given me a reason to keep fightin'." she answered truthfully with a warm smile and dampened orbs. "I had given up hope of ever seeing my children again and wanted nothin' more than to just be at peace." Moon adverted her eyes downwards as her ears flattened against her lowering head. She had given up on more than just that, Moonshadow had decided to return to the cove to finally rest besides her husband. That all changed that fateful day not so long ago when two words ignited that flame once more. Seeing and reuniting with her sons renewed her sense of purpose. She would fight, fight for them. "But now that I've found not only them, but ya and your sister as well, I know my work here is not yet finished." Ghostly eyes once more met her counterparts gaze, no longer as dull as they had been for so long. With another smile and sweep of her tail, Moonshadow answered his other questions. "Buildin' a relationship and friendship is all I would ever ask of ya."

Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
the rogue prince

The older woman was right, it was important the Vuesain siblings were back home. Their birthright was waiting for them and he was sure his parents were proud that they were reforming the Cove. Aleister was happy that Moonshadow was here to help them succeed in that notion. The rogue listened to her words, a soft frown forming his ebony lips when she cast her gaze down at the mention of never seeing her family again. Aleister understood how that felt when, but he had been the selfish one to leave in the first place. Her pale gaze met his mismatched eyes again as she told him her work was not yet finished since finding her boys and the Vuesain siblings.

Returning her smile, A friendship you shall have. I would be honored to have you join us in ranks to reform the Cove. I know my mother and father would be happy to know you were apart of this. Aleister could certainly use her guidance as a former leader, though leadership felt natural to the male for some reason. Outside of the Lore, he never felt the urge, but somehow the Cove changed him. Made him want to lead his family into the future.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Moonshadow was delighted when Aleister accepted her request for friendship. She thought the Vuesains as family, starting with the agouti males parents and extended to him and his littermate. Though she felt this way she knew that they may not necessarily reciprocate these emotions so she wouldn't push it. She was happy to simply have friendship, and knew deep down that one day they would feel the same. The extension of his friendship was thoughtful enough but then when the dark agouti man extended an invitation to help rebuild the cove. Her tail waved happily behind her at his words. "I know my mother and father would be happy to know you were apart of this", warmth filled her that did not come from the springs, at the mention of Namid and Vespertio. The couple had taken her in when she was just a girl and accepted her into their family. It was only fitting that she helped rebuild what they worked so hard to build. "It would be my honor to help rebuild our home." her tone sincere and full of hope. "I'm sure we'll be able to restore and even improve upon its former glory". It was time for the next generation to lead the cove and between the Eastfall children and Vuesian children Moonshadow knew the cove was in good hands.

Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
the rogue prince

Accepting his recruitment offer, the dark agouti man was happy to have her within the Cove again. His dark banner waved contently behind him as she continued to talk about the potential glory they will bring back to the Cove. Aleister would be content with restoring the Cove to what it once was, if more glory was found, he would be proud. His parent's legacy restored was all that he wanted and intended. Making his parents proud in the heaven's above was his only desire. Now with Moonshadow to join them, they were one step closer to achieving their dream. I hope so, he answered softly.

Fade with your next post?