Bing, Google, Viorel

If You Were with Me Now — Wildflower Glade 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 364 posts.
Paradise Falls V. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila

I'd find Myself in you

For @Danica

This was why she had come here in the first place; she had realized while talking to Nia, not Secret Woodlands itself, but this place. In the dead of winter, the Glade just looked like a clearing in the thicket, bramble pulling away to let the forest breathe and plenty of light filter down through the tree crowns high above. Flair liked it much better this way, dead and frozen.

Come springtime the Glade would burst into color, donning a blanket of flowers of many kinds – a pristine summer coat to hide what lay beneath. But Flair was not fooled, she knew the truth of this seemingly innocuous place. At the far corner, under some out-hanging bramble that kept off the worst of the snow, the ground seemed slightly mounted up. The russet wolf walked there with heavy steps, feeling as if her very heart was weighing her down.

Finally coming to a halt, she lowered her hunches to the frozen ground, sighing heavily. Amber eyes blinked rapidly to clear sudden tears, and she bit her lip to keep any sound from escaping her. Then slowly, she lifted on paw and pressed it into the powder over the mount, sniffling softly. “Why’d y’ have t’ leave Da?” She whispered, to no one.

Word count: 212

”Speech" Thoughts
(This post was last modified: Jan 19, 2021, 10:18 PM by Flair.)
Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
BABY LOADING
No puppies here!

Danica moved with a spring in her step, aside from her bum leg dragging slightly, as she made her way across the snow. Her willowy frame moving with surprising grace today. Normally she was more stiff, but as her mind clouded itself, she seemed to move freely. Perhaps it was all a mental trick. Placebo. She was making her way home to her old den, coming to and from the realization of what she wouldn't be met with. There were moments she was convinced he would be there, abruptly ended by the reminder she was just visiting to reminisce. Her firstborn child had been the apple of her eye. From the only man she'd ever truly loved, and a child that brought fantasies of what could've been to her mind. The future the three of them should've had. It would never be, and now she had more children to cherish and love. It still hurt her, knowing one of them had perished so young. She never knew why or what exactly happened to her darling boy. She merely hoped the den was still there somewhere beneath all the flowers.

As Dani stepped out into the clearing she was shocked to not see the wildflowers. Instead there was bitter cold snow everywhere. It slowly made sense to her, but her mind buffered a little. The foggy headed elder sighed, moving to sit down before stopping herself. Aideen? How could it be? After so long! She didn't look like time had even aged her! ”Aideen!” She called out, wispy voice oddly youthful in the moment. 

The white wolf trotted over, tail wagging with joy as she took to her friend's side. She was overly excited to see her until her mind grasped onto what was actually going on. She looked to tear stained Flair and the grave. ”Who...who did they bury here?” She frowned deeply, leaning back into her haunches as she sat with a grunt. 

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by PuppyThief who has 364 posts.
Paradise Falls V. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Flair’s ears flicked back at the sudden sound of paws in the snow, flattening against her skull as she quickly raised a paw to wipe at her wet muzzle; I wanted to be alone! Her head swiveled around, ready to snap at the inquisitive young shewolf, but she froze when she saw who was approaching. The old lady seemed equally shocked to have found someone else in the glade, but quickly recovered, calling out in the same delirious manner as when they last met. Flair bristled slightly, caught off guard as she was; “I already told you, I’m not…” She sighed heavily, stopping herself, there was no point in arguing with a mad woman.

With a manner like a yearling in spring, she waltzed over, oblivious it would seem to the gravity of the moment. But then, something did register in her face, cloudy emerald eyes clearing up a bit. Her next question was spoken somberly, and when she sat it was with the clear strain of her age. Flair winced, both at the stark shift in the woman’s demeanor, and the question. Her ears were still pressed down hard, and her shoulders hunched, defensive. Had it been Nia who approached her with that pup-like curiosity, she would have turned her down flat.

But this was different. The elderly shewolf had lived in these lands, long before Flair even, and had known the wolves to whom the Glade had become final resting place. Amber eyes tuned back on the snow-dusted mounts, paw once more placed, gently, into its own print. She spoke softly: “This is m’ Da… Miccah,” She corrected, unsure whether the old lady was still mistaking her for her mother. Then she lifted her paw to point to the second large mount, a little ways over; “And there’s Nina.” It still pained her, thinking of the old matriarch who she had known as a strict but loving grandmother. “There are others too,” she continued, glancing up at her companion before gesturing to the ground between the two larger mounts; “Her son and nephew I think, but that was before my time…” She didn’t know what else to say, so she simply waited, eyes trained on her paws; It’s been so long… But it won’t stop hurting.

Word count: 378

”Speech" Thoughts
(This post was last modified: Jan 23, 2021, 11:49 PM by Flair.)