(See All?) Announcements
469 Users Online
Bing, Chan, Nia, Google

breaking in — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

The answer that left her ebony maw was not one that he expected or else he may not have been so anxious after asking in the first place. Returning her smile, ”Anytime, but the sunrise is always the prettiest.” Having visited the outcrop more times than he could count and at all different times of the day, the Vuesain was able to pin point exactly when the scenery was the prettiest in his opinion. Though, sunset was a contending rival.

Holding her pale blue eyes with his own mismatched gaze, he wondered if he was opening a subject that was too uncomfortable for the Aquila woman. The last thing he wanted to do was make her apprehensive to talk with him, though from what he’s experienced so far with Lila, she was a very talkative and approachable wolf. She was an excellent listener. When she started with saying she’s never told anyone this, his brows raised slightly, surprised he either the first to ever ask her or the first one she was comfortable enough to tell. ”They sound like they were good ones,” he responded softly. At least she had a devoted mother and eventually had a loyal father figure as well. Though having pack problems was never an easy thing to grow up around.

Mulling over her words carefully, Aleister nodded slowly. ”If she didn’t want to do this anymore, I’m not sure I can just leave all this behind again.” Even with the vow he gave her years ago, there was just so much here now. Not that he has been back within the Lore for long, but the commitment and time already given to this land was hard to just give up on. And he was tired of running and wandering. ”But, I don’t know if I could just leave her either.” He honestly didn’t want to think of Neha not wanting to do this anymore and Aleister was just sure she was just going through a rough patch after coming back home. She was probably just trying to handle the pressure and pain of being back home. The last memories they both had of their birthplace were not good ones and he didn’t expect her to just miraculously heal from them. It would have to take time.

She didn’t believe he had to shoulder the leadership all on his own. When everyone first discussed recreating their birthplace, it was assumed the Vuesain siblings would lead together as rightful heirs. Now, he wasn’t sure Neha was keen on leading at all. Lila asked if anyone knew how he felt about his hesitation. “No,” he answered softly. “I don’t want to disappoint or worry them.” They all seemed to look up to him and were happy that he was going to be the one to lead them. But the idea of it was still so daunting to the dark agouti male. Having been a wandering loner most of his life to now being an appointed leader of a establishing pack was hard to wrap his head around. ”Say, where’d you get to be so wise?” He said with a chuckle and a soft smile. She sure had a lot of good advice to give and enough to start knocking him into shape. ”I might need your services more often,” he muttered with a smirk. He could only hope his ebony cloaked friend decided to stay for the long haul, but Aleister was trying hard not make her feel pressured to do so. He wanted her to make the decision when she was ready. He knew she had things to process before that.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
I think there's a flaw in my code

"I should have guessed you were a morning guy." She wasn't exactly fond of them, but mornings no doubt were beautiful. "But it's a pretty good reason to beat the sun up for," she smirked.

She was glad to see he didn't pull any faces, or struggle with a response. Made it all feel less of a big deal, and she was happy to leave it there. If he'd asked about the rest of her family, she would have struggled to respond.

"Hopefully, you won't have to make that kind of decision." If he was conflicted now she didn't want to think about how much harder any of that would be if he did. By the parts she was seeing into his life he didn't need any more pressure or pain.

She wore a sad smile, happy he answered honestly, and understanding once more that it wasn't easy. "Understandable, but you'll do better talking with them if Neha has changed her mind about leading. You have their support so use it. Moonshadow I'm sure has seen the changes of the pack and could help you navigate. Chan wants this pack to succeed."

He teased her about being wise, and she was caught off guard. She'd never describe herself that way, but she shrugged her shoulders. "When you're born into a pack with two other litters you tend to pick up on somethings." She kept a faint smile, trying to keep it all light-hearted. It wasn't hard because she had to laugh at his last remark. "You think huh?" She shook her head, teasing in turn as if not entirely convinced. Would she be around for next time? Would he have everything sorted out? Questions she didn't want to ponder now or later. She didn't like the idea of someone relying on her.

Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

"Guilty," he responded with a soft smirk as pinned him as morning guy, though he had his moments of being quite nocturnal. With Chan taking over the role as the resident night owl, Aleister make sure to cover the day shift and it just so happened to be the best time to view the beautiful sights the Lore had to offer.

Aleister hoped she was right and he wouldn't be put in the position to choose. He never used to be good under pressure and to decide whether or not to follow his sister away from the Lake if she ever decided to leave, he wasn't sure if could leave what they had behind. He didn't think he could live with the guilt of leaving the Eastfall family on their own again. But to be without Neha after all this time would destroy him.

Again, her words were full of insight and easily made him realize how wrong he was to keep his companions in the dark like he was. The Eastfall family has always supported the Vuesains and it didn't seem like that was ever going to change, so Aleister needed to confide in them if he needed assistance. Lila made him realize he was never truly going to be alone in this endeavor. "You're right, thank you."

She truly was wise for her years and Aleister was most definitely thankful that she gave him the time of day. He never had anyone else that was able to traverse through his messy emotions and thoughts and bring him out with a clear mind. She responded with mentioning she was born with two other litters within the pack. Eyebrows raising slightly in surprise at the thought. No wonder she had decent advice to give, she has seen some things. "That's uh- wow that would be interesting..." He couldn't imagine a pack dynamic to allow such a thing to happen, that was a recipe for chaos. Her soft laugh brought a smile to his ebony lips as she teased him lightly back. He truly hoped that one day she would decide to stay within the Lake, there weren't many wolves that he enjoyed holding a conversation with. But, he had been able to gauge that she was unsure, so he tried not to pressure her. Though, it was hard for the Vuesain. "You hungry? Let's go grab some food." He offered the change of subject, before turning away from the small stream to return back to the main den site where he was sure he could find a decent cache to fill both of their appetites.

FADE
(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2021, 04:52 PM by Aleister.)
[Image: lMaXPz.png]