Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
For @Neha @Chan @Nash @Moonshadow
1.27.21 | early night | clear sky | 1.4°F, -17°C

aleister vuesain
the rogue prince

Having taken a few trips around the Falls, through the Wildwood and Grove, the rogue prince was able to get some information about who and what was around them. Perhaps he should take a trip on the East side once the snow started to melt. He hadn't travelled that way in quite some time and the more information about the surrounding lands, the better off the Cove wolves would be. They all needed to be knowledgeable about who and what was around them. Both Chan and Nash would make excellent scouts, so he was sure they would be in good paws in that department.

Turning towards the Lake, he was happy to see the moon starting to lift in the sky beyond the mountain, basking the lands with it's light. Tonight was perfect. Raising his chin into the brisk sky, the Vuesain called for his companions to join him at his side.

(This post was last modified: Jan 27, 2021, 10:54 PM by Aleister.)
[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall

Chan had been down the shore line a distance, fishing for his breakfast just like his godfather had taught him to, probably not very far from the very spot he stood. When Aleister's howl reached him, he abandoned the effort to seek the man out. Having woken not too long ago, Chan was alert and ready for the night to unfold. A quick, energetic pace brought him to the Vuesain.

"What's up?" he asked, moving in to headbutt Aleister affectionately, his preferred way of greeting those considered friends. If the other wolf pulled away or otherwise seemed discomforted by the gesture, he would shift to a shoulder-bump.

CHAN EASTFALL
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

The call reached the ebony woman from within her small den. This was then den she used when she needed her alone time in years past. Night was blanketing the land marking the end of the day but Aleister's call signaled that this night brought much more. Exiting her den, Moonshadow stretched her long aching limbs before making her way towards the Vuesain male.

Namesake pools fell upon two similarly colored males near the lake. A smile made its way on her onyx maw as she approached the pair "Good evening" she greeted. Her large form moved to Chan first, giving him an affectionate nudge behind his ear then the woman gives Aleister an equally affectionate nudge to the shoulder. Once her greetings were given Moonshadow moved a couple paces away and sat to wait for the arrival of Nash and Neha.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash was just returning to the central territory from an unsuccessful rabbit hunt when he heart Aleister's voice rise into the sky. He gave a shorter howl to let him know he was coming and picked up his pace. It wasn't a danger call, but Nash didn't want to keep his leader waiting. When he arrived he was pleased to see that his mother and brother were already present and that Nash himself wasn't the last one. He joined the group, greeting all of them with a nudge and returning to his mother's side to sit with her.

"It's a nice night," he said, looking up at the rising moon and the blanket of stars that lit the sky. He shuffled in place. A clear winter night meant a cold winter night, but that did not diminish its beauty.

Played by Mai who has 201 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Neha Vuesain
Neha had been busy, largely sticking to the interior of their old territory, re-familiarizing herself with her birthplace. When not catching up with Moonshadow, she spent her time refreshing the borders, to let any other wolves in the area know that this land was occupied. She knew Nash, Chan and especially Aleister would be quite helpful in scouting outside the Cove. But she too, needed to make it a point to venture out and see the Lore. To make herself known, not just another nameless nobody in the background.

Hearing the call of her brother, her ears pricked. With the silent air of the night broken, she hardly minded. Any reason to see him and join company with her extended family was a welcome one. Turning away from the tree lined edge that identified one of the borders of the Cove, she moved at an easy pace towards the origin of Aleister's call. Chan, Moonshadow and Nash were already there, bringing a smile to her lips. "It is beautiful out." She said, seconding Nash's thoughts. Neha moved in close, circling around the group, letting some part of her body connect with each of them in turn, rumbling contently.
Neha can often be found close to Aleister's side and therefore may appear in any of his threads.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
no posting order!

aleister vuesain
i’ve been praying for forgiveness

The Vuesain male was not surprised at who was the first to join him on this clear night. His fellow look-a-like was quick to answer his call, giving him an affectionate headbutt greeting which Aleister responded with a nudge of his own to the lad’s crown. I would just like to talk with you all, he responded softly to the agouti male’s question. He felt it was time to discuss some things with everyone now that they have all been able to regain their bearings within their home once again. Perhaps, it was almost time for them to become official to the rest of the Lore.

Moonshadow was the next soul to join them at the lakeside as she made her way to her son first before turning to Aleister giving him an affectionate nudge to his shoulder which he returned thoughtfully. Nash’s return howl was heard earlier, but now his form showed beneath the starlight. His ebony form greeting them all before he returned to his mother’s side. Nodding in agreement at his words, his mismatched gaze looked out into the darkness, hoping to see his sister’s form in the distance, but she was already within short lengths of the group. A grin reached his ebony lips as her form slipped across his before she settled along with the rest of their rag tag group.

Now for why he brought them all here together. Clearing his throat, his mismatched gaze wandered to each one that gathered around him, a grin happily forming on his agouti maw. I think I have an idea for our official name. I thought about keeping the original name, but I also feel this land needs a change as well. There was a reason why the Lore has started anew. The history disappearing from the lands, except for the memories of the ones that remembered what once happened here. Sanguine Cove, he suggested, his gaze lingering on each wolf to decipher their thoughts towards the idea.

(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2021, 02:56 AM by Aleister.)
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

As expected it wasnt long before her second born to arrive and greet them all. Following closely behind was Neha whom also greeted them all. Moon gave an affectionate growl to both in return. After pleasantries Aleister got right to the point about why he had called. His intentions were not lost on the woman. Though she had never founded a pack she knew they were going to restore their home and this was easily a pack meeting. The oldest Vuesain male stated that while he thought about restoring the pack with the same name he thought the land could use a change. Moonshadow's mind ran through her memories of their hidden home. She though of the first time she had laid eyes upon it, the kindness of the king and queen to grant her a home. How each of the four wolves before her were born from unconditional love, how she had met the love of her life and became best friends with the man whom brought her here. But sadly her mind also went to all the sadness that had befallen the cove. The deaths of three stillborn siblings of those before her, their fallen queen, and their loyal guardians. Those whom had been ripped away from them either by death or other circumstances. Her inky head nodded in agreement, a fresh start was exactly what their home needed. Sanguine Cove. It had a pleasant ring to it. Moon's silver dusted tail swept the ground behind her in favor of the suggestion. "That sounds beautiful. What does it mean?" She hadn't heard that word before, so asking what it meant satisfied her never fading thirst of knowledge.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Oh? Chan's head tilted slightly, but he lowered to the ground and waited patiently for them all to be gathered. He had to wonder if this was it, if they were going to make it official tonight. A pack's founding was something the eldest Eastfall child had never been a part of before, meaning he had little idea on how it would actually work. It was good they had Aleister, Chan hoped the other man knew far better than he.

Chan leaned into each of his family members' touch as they arrived in quick succession. Neha was given similar treatment to his kin, and then the wait was over. The five of them were sat together, intently listening for what it was their leader wanted to discuss.

The first sentence was enough to pick Chan's ears up; he too had been wanting them to choose something slightly different to go by, the word 'Fallen' being the one that bothered him. It had never before meant more than it's namesake landmark to the man, but with everything that had changed since his childhood, it made him think of other things, bad things. Fallen families, a fallen pack, and especially a fallen father felled by falling rocks...

Again, Chan's head twisted, pivoting in question. Sanguine? His mother called it beautiful, and asked what it meant. Chan felt pretty sure he knew, but that it was being suggested for the tranquil mountain lake made him question himself.

"Er, doesn't that mean... blood?"

Speaking of... his mismatched eyes glanced toward the general direction of the historical den site they'd been using out of habit and familiarity. It was... hard passing by the bones of your father and the disaster that killed him every dusk and dawn. It was like the moment was frozen, like they couldn't escape it.

"I'd like to stay away from death stuff... like uh also... maybe dad's grave should be... just dad's grave. I... I want a new den. I think it'd be good for us..."
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Upon Neha's appearance and her agreement with his statement, Nash's tail thumped the ground. He avoided looking at his mother, instead turning his attention to Aleister as he addressed them. Change the name of the Cove? But they'd always been Fallen Tree Cove... but then again, they were trying to rise again. Maybe a change would do them good. He nodded, both to the suggestion and to his mother's question. He wasn't familiar with the word.

Then Chan mentioned their father, and Nash's ears drooped for a moment. "I agree with Chan," he said quietly. "I know Dad would have wanted to watch after the future of the Cove, but I think... I think it would be good to have a new densite. Start over for everybody without forgetting the past." He offered a small smile to both his brother and his mom. He knew they missed Tagg just as much as he did.

Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
Again no posting order and this could be last posts before a fade unless there's more discussion! I would like to archive this thread by March 4th to get everything rolling for the pack submission

The Vuesain was curious to what everyone else thought of his idea, whether it was good or bad. Triangular ears poised forward as his gaze swept through the group. Moonshadow was the first to answer, her silver dusted tail sweeping in acceptance of the name though she asked exactly what the word meant. Aleister had discovered the word sanguine years ago while on one of his wanderlust adventures outside of the Lore. He had met a particularly talkative female who liked to use large, descriptive words wherever and whenever she could. While they were talking she used the word nonchalantly, prompting the same response from him that Moon had. Turns out she was like a walking dictionary. 

Chan chimed in, giving one of the definitions of the word. His reaction to it made him question the idea as he continued to say he would like a new den site. The ebony Eastfall brother in turn spoke up, mismatched gaze flickering to settled upon the male as he spoke his opinion as well. With them both mentioning their father, his own heart ached at the memory of the loss his mother and how much she sacrificed for the Cove. What her blood did for this land. "Sanguine means blood red, but also optimistic or positive," he answered, his gaze sweeping across the group again. He had thought some of this through, enough to convince himself this is would he would like for their new beginning, but the agouti male didn't think though the possibility of the group not liking his idea. 

"We may not have the same parents or siblings, but the Mountain Lake is our home. And our family here shares the same mountain blood. Our families have sacrificed their blood, sweat and tears for this land and we are going to honor them. We are survivors. We are no longer Fallen, we have risen with the blood of our families bringing us together one last time as the Sanguine Cove." His gaze was fell to each soul of the little group, gauging each of their reactions, hoping he was able to sway them. Of course, if they still didn't like the idea, the Vuesain would understand and take whatever suggestions they had. 

"A new den site will be done," he answered with an assertive nod. Aleister understood now how the Eastfall family had to suffer the tragic memory of their fallen father every night within the den. The family deserved a new den site, where the old one could still honor the Guardian's life within the Cove.