468 Users Online
Google, Hera, Bing, Vili, Juniper, Hazelnut

she use to meet me on the eastside — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
I think there's a flaw in my code

The mountain wolves had given her a fairly, evident trail to follow. She took her sweet time not to push her luck. She remembered her mother's stories. Why the mountain was pure stone the snow made it hard to decipher if she'd found something solid. There were a few times she sunk up to her chest, and had to wiggle a foreleg out. Or she'd be good for a few strides, and her whole body would sink. She was beginning to see why it was called the Serpent's Pass. So many twisting turns but she guessed it made it safer that way. Besides if something did happen to her, she felt confident at least someone would come looking for her this time. Still, she rather not be in a predicament. She hated feeling like she owed anyone anything and she knew a bit more about how important it was to minimize risk.

Despite the cloudy day, and long hike she was in good spirits. Seeing how far she'd come felt like a nice accomplishment. Something her mother might have been proud of. Though she didn't look behind her too much. The sensation wasn't her favorite, and she knew she needed to look where she wanted to go. It was not backwards.

Eventually the mountain became more horizontal, and she rested for a moment. This time surveying the Spectral Woods, letting her eyes rest on the Bend. It was surreal being this high, and seeing it as if it were just a tiny spot. Right now she could almost believe it was unchanged..... Having a lake to find, she moved on at a swift trot. It would take quite a few days to get to the Bend any way, and she was thankful for that. She could have a little more time to decide if she wanted to visit or if like @Chan she'd keep dropping into the west. With her nose to guide her, she followed the scent of wolves, both excited and anxious. She knew there were two wolves she hadn't met yet, and was curious if they might be expecting her as well. But she was starting to see why they called it Lost Lake. She'd yet to see it. Now was as good as time to stop, and catch her breath. She lifted her head up, and gave a long howl. Then she waited, watching diligently for another wolf.

Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall

Chan had been on his way out, nearing the edge of the forest that aided in obscuring the Lake when a novel yet recognizable song reached his ears. A grin broke out across his muzzle and he howled back before his legs shifted into high gear, plowing through the snowdrifts to reach his friend.

She was easy for him to locate and reach, as there was nowhere Chan knew better than this particular segment of the mountain range. He slowed only when he was yards away, calling out "Lila!", and this time would not hesitate to greet her affectionately with a headbutt.

CHAN EASTFALL
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

The day was a cloudy one which made the glare on the ice minimal. The large ebony female had decided to go fishing instead of trying to chase down a hare. With a large rock Moonshadow had created a hole a little ways off shore where the ice was thick enough to hold her weight and where the slow fish were swimming. It was only about an hour or so until she caught her first fish, and she had enjoyed it very much. The first call went up just as she caught her second fish. The voice was unfamiliar but was quickly followed by that of Chan. This quipped her curiosity more so than if it was a call at the borders. So she made her way to shore and deposited her catch in the nearest cache before making her way to where the call came from.

Unsurprisingly Chan had arrived before her. Silver orbs fell upon an almost equally dark female whom stood out starkly against the snow. Her eyes were blue with grey hues and a snow white diamond adorned her chest. Chan stood near the smaller dark woman. Moonshadow let out a short bark to announce her presences to the pair. A warm smile adorned Moons faces as her gaze went from one wolf to the other.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Am I taking after Dad too much? Nash wondered, as he often did, as he patrolled and marked the borders - or what would soon be the borders - of their territory. He remembered how much time Tagg spent patrolling in the latter months of his life and remembered that he wished his father had spent more time with him instead. Nash comforted himself with the reminder that he was not mated and not a father, and his brother and mother would be waiting for him when he got back.

His ears perked up and he paused as an unfamiliar howl sliced the air. He was already on the way when he heard Chan's call, and Nash picked up his pace to a near run. It didn't sound like danger; more like a summoning from both of them. Who was at their borders?

Nash came through the copse of trees to see his older brother affectionately greeting a woman as dark as their mother. He hesitated, then trotted over to join them, standing at Moonshadow's side. "Hello," he said, friendly but confused. He looked to Chan. "Introduce us to your friend...?" Because clearly Chan knew this new woman, and she knew him. Nash didn't remember his brother talking about a girl; was he gone walking the borders too much after all?

Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
the rogue prince

He hadn't been home at the Lake where the rest of his family was, instead the dark agouti Vuesain was traveling along the conifers above the valley searching for game trails. The rogue was thinking a hunt was in store for the Cove wolves to help them bond closer and learn better as a functioning unit. Plus now that their numbers have grown, they needed to make sure their caches stayed full.

Finding a few notable trails that he will come back to later to check on, Aleister started back towards the lake making his way through the tall conifers. Just as he was getting across one the rocky ledges in his path home, a familiar voice rang out across the range, stopping him in his tracks. Lila?! She was here? The surprise kept his paws rooted in the snow, until Chan's returning voice called out. He was then off to meet them, his excitement racing.

His mismatched gazed down upon them for a moment as he stood atop a rocky ridge, a smile forming upon his ebony lips. Nash's question hanging in the air. This is Lila Aquila, he answered with a grin before stepping down from the ridge to the rest of them. Greeting the EastFall family with gentle nudges, his mismatched gaze fell upon the ebony Aquila. That didn't take her long, he certainly wasn't expecting her to visit to soon, but he still happy to see her again.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
I think there's a flaw in my code

When she was swiftly answered her tail began to wave behind her, and she didn't hesitate to meet him, leaning into his greeting with an evident smile on her lips. She was so glad he was up here, and not somewhere else. Though they were not alone long, and she straightened her posture letting her eyes fall to the black lady who had been kind enough to announce herself. She was definitely older than Lila, and there was something about her. Lila wanted to speak, but another black wolf arrived taking the word from her mouth. She could see he as unsure what was going on, and she was a little taken back he didn't know her. Though she hid that, because it was short lived. Maybe, he wasn't Chan's brother or they'd simply had too many other things to take care of.

Prepared to answer, she didn't even get her mouth open. Her gaze came to rest on Aleister, and she smiled in silent greeting glad he was here too. Would his sister not be far behind either? She wasn't about to wait. "It's nice to meet you. I was born an Oak Tree Bend wolf. Chan and I have bumped into each other over the years, and when he found me again he told me I'd be welcomed to come visit. Aleister said the same when I met him not too long after." She made a point to let her sight move to each one in turn, hoping her explanation helped put it all into some understanding.

Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall

The pack, or so he considered them even if they weren't yet official, was quick on his heels. The unity felt good, and lifted his spirits even further. Things just seemed to keep getting better, and Chan was becoming more and more sure every day that they were going to get this right.

He moved to his mother's side and leaned into her, silently but adoringly greeting her. Chan had always been fond of his mom, but now it was almost as though she had returned from the dead, making her presence all the more precious. Every time Moonshadow was around, he made sure to attend to and appreciate her.

His tail wagged merrily as he watched them all interact. Aleister answered Nash's question, and Chan looked around once for @Neha; either she was out or on her way, he was sure. Regardless, he was certain she'd get her chance to greet Lila at some point. Her brother already had, and the eldest Eastfall wondered if Aleister knew her from childhood as well; after all, he'd grown up in the Lore too, and had admitted to having wandering paws just like Chan.

"O.T.B. and F.T.C. minglin' once again," he nudged Moonshadow and threw her a wry smile; he hoped the connection to their old allies would make her happy, give her as close a semblance as he could to their previous life.

"Lila," Chan placed his bid for her attention, then swung his muzzle toward Nash and Moon both in turn; "this is my family; Nash, and my mom."

CHAN EASTFALL
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

So Sorry about the wait y'all!!

Before anyone could say anything Nash appeared out of the trees and moved to her side. Moonshadow gave the boy an affectionate lick to his cheek in greeting. He spoke a friendly greeting before asking his brother to introduce his friend. Silver orbs glanced sideways at him not too pleased at this but this was not the time to say anything. Besides it didnt bother her too bad so she probably wouldn't say anything later anyways. Moons gaze went from one son to the other awaiting his response to Nash's question. Though the answer would not come from Chan but instead his look-alike.

Grey tipped audits swiveled towards the origin of his voice leading her eyes to find Aleister standing on a ridge above them. A smile formed on her muzzle at the image, he looked just like his father. Lila Aquila, what a beautiful name Moonshadow thought. Lila explained she was from a pack called Oak Tree Bend and while it sounded familiar, the ebony woman was unable to fully place it. She continued to explain how she and Chan had known each other over the years and how he had invited her to visit and that when she met Aleister he had done the same. Moon's tail swished happily behind her, it had been a while since she had met someone new. So this was exciting on its own, but to meet her boy's childhood friend? Even more exciting!

Chan then spoke stating the two packs were once more interacting. This made Moonshadow search her memory once more...she had to know that pack! He then went on to introduce her and Nash. Looking at the young woman, Moon dipped her head slightly "It's a pleasure to meet ya Lila. I'm Moonshadow, welcome to the cove."

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash surveyed the group and wondered where @Neha was. He hadn't seen her around much, something he very much regretted. He'd been hoping to spend some time with the lovely Vuesain woman.

But that aside.

Aleister beat Chan to the punch, introducing mis Lila Aquila to the group. The dark man's tail gave a thump as his brother and mother greeted her and explained where she was from. "Nice to meet you, Miss Lila," he said, remembering his manners. His eyes flicked to Chan, trying to recall if the name had ever come up after all. "I'm glad my brother has managed to keep some friends over the years," he teased, butting Chan's shoulder with his head.

Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
the rogue prince

The Aquila returned his greeting with a smile of her own as her pale gaze fell onto him. He truly was happy she had came. For how long was still to be determined, but for now he would not pry. Letting her explain to the other Cove wolves the invitations she received from both Chan and himself, Aleister kept silent while standing alongside the Eastfall family. His lookalike signifying the reunion of old allies again to Moonshadow. If anyone would know about the extend of the alliance, it would be the former leader of the former Cove pack. However, the ebony woman did not respond on that subject, but instead welcomed Lila to the Cove.

Smiling softly, the potentate rogue was delighted that everyone was welcoming her. The only one missing was his sister, though he supposed she must be tied up as she is rarely ever late to anything. If Lila was too stay for a while, he would have to make sure to introduce the two to each other. He was sure she would love her like everyone else seemed to. Continuing to keep his words to himself, he silently watched the interactions between the rest of them. His mismatched gaze glancing between the Eastfalls before resting upon the Aquila woman, listening for her next words. Shoving away the selfishness that riddled him, he wanted to know what her intentions where, whether or not she intended to stay only for a little while or if this was more than a visit.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]