(See All?) Announcements
536 Users Online
Google, Bing

i'd give up forever to touch you — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by arla who has 41 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle

Hoomans. His expression wrinkled at the word. He had never heard it before, but even the golden-eyed boy before him seemed unsure of it. What do you know of these … hoomans? He asked, testing out the word for himself. It felt strange on his tongue and left a sour taste in the back of his mouth. Any information was better than nothing, even if the pale loner did not know much aside from the fact that they had two legs. It could be a step in the right direction—if his brother and cousin even cared to find out what happened to their pack.

The yearling nodded to show that he was listening as the alabaster male explained that he was born here but had recently returned. Curiosity wanted the Valle to ask why he had left but the boy kept his tongue in check. He wasn’t looking to make friends; he was looking for answers. Answers on how to get home, where he belonged. The ocean, he answered simply, his tail flicking idly behind him. You ever been?

Played by Sarah who has 75 posts.
No Rank
Azra Donata
@Andrey not me trying to derail all the things eyes emoji.jpg

"Well ahhh, honestly not too much... I've never seen one for myself. Just heard from those that did." And what hair-raising stories these had been, especially the loud sticks. Wolves that survived encounters with hoomans usually were never quite the same: easily rattled, flighty, paranoid. This boy seemed to be doing okay, though, most likely because he didn't seem to remember much at all. "There were never any here, growing up. I never heard of them until I left. They usually carry big long sticks that sound like a snapping tree branch, only sooo much louder. They start fires. They collect animals. All sorts of weird things." He shuddered.

It was much easier to think about the ocean, which the boy asked him about point-blank. Clearly, he wanted to get back to his beach. "Oooh yeah. In fact, I don't think it's too too far from here. Maybe a couple of weeks. It's been awhile since I've been down that way, though. Off the top of my head I don't know the way." Which was a damn shame, really. Twisting his mouth about, Azra tried to think. South? Were there mountains that got in the way? How long had it been? A season at least. He had been wandering rather aimlessly without giving much a thought in the direction he took or much in the way of landmarks.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle

The ebony Valle hung onto every word that dropped from the pale stranger’s tongue as he offered his knowledge of the two-legs, or hoomans. He tried to rack his own memory as the loner mentioned them carrying big long sticks that sounded like a snapping tree branch … his brows narrowed as he tried to remember what had happened on the beach the day they were collected. He remembered something overhead, but the two-legs running along the beach. Chasing them. Thinking that they could outrun the Estuary wolves.

But they had. Only not with their two legs. But with the strange sticks in their hands.

Maybe the white wolf knew more than Andrey had originally thought.

Sounds like the right ones, he frowned, his forehead still creased. Consider yourself lucky you haven’t come across them. They apparently like to steal memories, too. He paused, his expression grim. And separate families. If he ever saw them again they wouldn’t be walking around on two legs anymore.

It seemed as though the pale loner had more information than Andrey had originally thought. Maybe he was useful after all. Maybe a couple of weeks. That was better than months. But was it the right ocean? The right slice of salty water? He couldn’t get his hopes up too much. It was possible that the stranger had been elsewhere and not to the home of the Estuary wolves. What made you come back here? He asked, a little too intrusively, but he was curious what was so special about this place that made him return.

No Rank
Azra Donata
Memory-stealers, family-separators—these hoomans were bad news. Wordless and raw, the white wolf stared back at the stolen wolf. Azra had not seen any sign of them on this side of the mountain and sincerely hoped that they were gone for good. Though he had never been eager to cross the mountain he certainly didn't want to do it now. The east would be safer... probably. If anything, it was at least more familiar and Azra would be able to find places to hide or outwit the hoomans if it came to that. He shuddered.

"I don't know, I suppose... I felt like I was starting to forget this place, like it was a dream." A good dream and a nightmare, the best parts and the worst parts of life. "I wanted to feel connected to something again." He shrugged, feeling uncomfortable being able to compare a choice be made versus something that had been taken from the dark boy.

"It's a good place, I promise..." If he couldn't find his ocean again, well, he might as well be here.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle

"I wanted to feel connected to something again.” Andrey could relate to that. He had felt disconnected and off since waking up in this strange place. And it grew worse with each passing day. The ebony Valle knew he did not belong here; he never would. This was not his home. Some way, some how, he would find his way back to the Estuary. He just needed to figure out what direction to head in first.

I’m sure it is, he hummed back in response as he glanced around, drinking in his surroundings once more, but I don’t think it is the right place for me. He shrugged to show his indifference.

Thanks, uh, for the information, he added as he returned his attention to the pale stranger, but I best keep moving. Gotta keep a look out for any more members of my family. If any more of them had found their way into this strange place. Names Andrey, by the way. He offered the male a half smile, his expression softening. Hopefully you start feelin’ connected again.

No Rank
Azra Donata
@Andey short and sweet ending cause i'm dumb
Azra's lip twisted as he nodded a little, then added a begrudging shrug. Sure, Relic Lore was not a place for most wolves. There was a time when it wasn't the place for him. It was hard, though, to see this stranger feel so out of place, so rushed, searching. There was no way to help him besides the information he had, which was only as valuable as the person asking the questions.

Azra nodded once more, acknowledging that it was probably time to start moving as well. "Azra," he said holding a paw to his chest but unsure if he had already introduced himself. "Thank you... I really, really wish you the best of luck." He hoped the sincerity would carry, but thoughts and prayers did not find family. Moving paws and an active nose would be the only thing that found his family.

Maybe in another time they could have been friends.