(See All?) Announcements
471 Users Online
Google, Bing

pretend i never picked up a pen — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 379 posts.
Deceased
Woya Macieo
The other wolf seemed to adjust in time, visibly relaxing bit by bit now that Woya wasn't utterly confounding her. Her sunlit eyes watched the other girl stutter out her words with only a cup or so of judgment. It really wasn't anything personal; Woya looked at most strangers with just such a gaze.

Vinnie was looking for someone too, eh? Neo and Nia. Wasn't that cute.

"Nope, don't know any Nias. I'm lookin' for my dumb brother Hudson."

Woya actually felt acute concern about the suspicious circumstances surrounding her sibling's straight up vanishing, but if she pretended that pain wasn't there deep under her sternum, she could almost ignore it entirely.

"He looks like an old ass man but he's not. Yet. Black fur with lots of silvers and whites mixed in. Gray eyes. What's Nia look like? I can at least tell'er her brothers lookin' for her if I ever see her."

Woya certainly wouldn't be doing any dedicated legwork to reunite this other family, but she knew she needed to give a little if she expected anything in return; she'd love to know that Hudson was at least alive, or have him looking for her too.
[Image: X2QzmxY.png]
Played by Flywolf33 who has 50 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bellavinne Sevak

The other wolf finally seemed to be opening up, even if she still wasn't sharing her name. Vinnie supposed that was something she could understand; she should probably stop telling strangers her name if she didn't want her family to track her down. Maybe this strange other woman was avoiding someone too. Not her brother, as it turned out.

"Hudson? I haven't met a Hudson," Vinnie admitted, "But I'll keep an eye out for him? What's your name, if you don't mind telling me?" Vinnie offered a small smile to try to help instill confidence, but whether she was trying to help herself or the other wolf she didn't know.

Ah. Nia. "Well, see, the thing is..." she coughed awkwardly. "I've never met her... I don't know what she looks like."

How stupid could she be? Why didn't she ever ask Neo what his sister looked like? What if Nia came running up while her brother was out? What if someone else tried to pretend to be her while Neo was out to get Vinnie to relax around her? She really was bad at this.

[/quote]
Deceased
Woya Macieo
Woya couldn't help but feel a little let down at the swift and fairly certain no her inquiry received. Her ears leaned back an inch or so and her mouth tilted downward as she scoffed softly. Of course not. It did help, a little, that the younger woman offered to remember and look out for Hud. It was starting to feel like she might not be able to find him on her own, and that meant, shudder, relying on others...

Vinnie asked for her name, but her pursuant answer to the Macieo's query about this Nia earned a response first. Woya snorted audibly, speaking before thinking as she always did.

"Well what use is that? I don't got time t'be askin' every nobody their name."

Again, her conscience attempted to reign in her mouth, and she was reminded that she had missed a question.

"Woya," she answered; after all, her petty requirement had been met.

"I should probbly go;" was the best that could be done in way of making up for her behavior, "we run into each other again, I wanna description a'Nia or a clue on my bro, got it?"

It was kind of a joke, but no one would be able to blame the other wolf if she didn't get it.
(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2021, 03:51 AM by Woya.)
Played by Flywolf33 who has 50 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bellavinne Sevak

Vinnie flinched - but only a little - at the other girl's derisive snort. Vinnie felt very stupid; she should have asked Neo for his sister's description ages ago. What if they ran into each other while Neo was out looking for her? What if he didn't come back for a day or two and Nia was long gone by the time Vinnie realized her mistake?

She was very bad at this searching thing.

At least one thing was accomplished; the other girl shared her name. Woya. Vinnie thought it was a pretty name, but was too afraid to say so. She wasn't sure if Woya would take it as a compliment or be the kind of person to get mad about things like that. One of Vinnie's aunts prided herself on being rough and tumble and if anyone insinuated she was feminine at all there was going to be blood. Vinnie decided to play it safe.

"I should probbly go;" Woya said, drawing Vinnie's attention back to the moment. She went on to scold Vinnie, but the young girl though she maybe sensed a sort of levity in the words. Maybe Woya wasn't as severe and scary as Vinnie took her to be; maybe her sense of fun was just differnt. Vinnie nodded meekly. "I'll look for him," she promised. "It was nice to meet you, Woya," she added, hoping to make up for her own skittish behavior.

[/quote]
Deceased
Woya Macieo
Wouldn't that be nice, Woya thought to herself as the other woman pledged to keep an eye out for Hudson. She of course couldn't put much stock in a stranger's words or even their actual efforts, but at this point she couldn't help but hope for every small possibility that something reached her sibling and tethered them together once more.

It was nice to meet you, Vinnie said then, and Woya couldn't help but crack a grin. The laugh she was able to bite back at least, highly doubting that this run in had been at all pleasant for the younger wolf.

"Sure. Stay alive, kid."

With that and a swish of her tail, she took off and disappeared quickly into the dark snow.
(This post was last modified: Apr 25, 2021, 11:32 PM by Woya.)