441 Users Online
Bing, Google, Jacynth

rage; rage — Skyfall Glen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
For @Vayko. Backdated a bit to mid-Jan.

This world was a far different place. Much more thick forests and open, delicately flowing fields. It lacked the salt licked rock, the chunning sands, and quite so obviously, the vast open ocean. After Modesto's encounter with @Viorel, the smokey woman had set off with a stubborn determination to find the sea once more.

But she could not find it. She sniffed, she traveled, but not single tinge of salt was on the chilly winter breeze. She was beginning to come to realize she was truly and utterly lost from home and that enraged her.

So she decided to head towards the mountains, beyond the tangled and dark ghastly forest she so hated already. She thought that maybe from atop the high reaches she might be able to see the streak of endless blue in the backdrop which marked the ocean. A hard journey, especially in the winter, but a necessary one for the seafarer regardless.

She is stopped then from her mission only by the sight of one of the first places she thought truly beautiful since loosing her home. Skyfall Glen was a vast, open and crystal lake at the base of the mountains, the towering rocks at one end and forest to the other. She gave a happy skip to the shoreline, half disappointed that it was not sand she was met with but still half happy that the chalky ground here reminded her as much.

Maybe here, if anything, she could find solace.
(This post was last modified: Feb 05, 2021, 10:53 PM by Modesto.)
[Image: modesto.png]
Played by Tasha who has 305 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
what i really need now is a double shot of crown

These lands were strange… far stranger than he would like. Still, being stuck there for the foreseeable future meant he needed to look ahead. If he could not find the sea, and he could not will the sea to him, then he was going to make something else of this patch of land. He had taken to exploring, learning the territories that surrounded the home base that he had set up with the rest of his agemates. He had ventured further north than he had intended, but now that he was there he certainly wasn’t going to simply stop. Andrey’s own paws had taken him wandering far from their camp, which admittedly worried him given the apparent penchant other species had for picking them up and dropping them someplace else for simply the fun of it.

He was sniffing, following some tracks in the snow when another scent caught his interest, his head snapping up as his eyes widened and a mischievous grin found his features. That was a scent he knew well. That was a familiar scent. He took off in a run, moving through the Glen at a breakneck speed in the hopes that his nose was not deceiving him. He had not yet had the chance to catch up with his cousin and was unaware of his aunt’s arrival to these lands as well. “Aunt Modesto?!?!” By far, perhaps his favorite family member, especially amongst the older generations. A grin on his features as he finally caught sight of her familiar pelt. “You are such a sight for sore eyes.” Thank god someone else who had a lick of common sense was here.

Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
The scent caught her as well too and the woman's ears perk to attention, head held high (as ever is was) as she scanned the tree line which had been behind her now. Out from the brush came a wolf and that wolf would have otherwise been met with agression if he had not been known by her.

The tawny wolf came barreling into her direction with a happy glee and she quick steps into his direction, tail held high and waving like a banner. Vayko, like Sharlee, were too pups she found herself quite close to out of all her nieces and nephews. These two specifically were born of her littermate and they, along with her sister, she had been quite protective of given their father's secret intentions. Now with her sister and mother gone from her, at least she still had this one. Their may be a future for them yet so long as she continued to groom him into the right path.

Just as you are, my handsome boy. Her tail continued to wave high and she comes to close the distance between them, sniffing and nudging along his nape and chest to make sure he was all well. I've been so lost... She admits, grimly, turning her head away from him and up to the mountains. I thought I might scale the mountains and see I could find the ocean from there. This lake here, She gestures to the large open lake at the footfalls of the mountains, surrounded by a beach of white. Is the only beautiful place I've found since I've gotten here.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

He was pleased to see her making her way in his direction as well, glad that the longing for family had not faded with her kidnapping either. It seemed fitting. He had recovered most of his agemates, the exception being Xulia. Perhaps this meant the adults would soon follow, perhaps provide some structure and guidance. At least he had his Aunt Modesto. If anyone could help steer him right, it would be her. His tail wagged vigorously from side to side like a pup’s might in their early days of youth. “Did you bring anyone else with you?” He asked, curious and longing even.

He missed his family. He missed them all dearly. She admitted that she had been lost too and, that she might scale the mountains. “There are wolves on the mountain.” He admitted, recalling his interaction with Chan just a day before. “They’ve never heard of what happened to us. I asked.” He admitted again with a frown. “This place is a dump. I miss the ocean but my nose hasn’t been able to point me right or wrong.” He admitted again as the grimace took place on his features. He missed the Estuary, just as he imagined she did as well.

Family was everything. He missed his mother. “At least some of us ended up in the same area? Viorel and Andrey are with me, Sharlee too. Sharlee just got here.” He paused for a moment as he glanced at his paws for a moment, scraping at the soft layer of snow that coated the ground. “Aunt Modesto, what do we do if we can’t find home?” He knew Viorel had some big plans, and he wanted to support his cousin if only so he could lead alongside him when he came of age, but admittedly there was a part of his heart that still longed for the salty shoreline.

Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
No. She said flatly, grimly, to the young man's first question. Though surely he would be happy with the presence of his own mother and father, something told Modesto there was a reason why Vayko in his early years would come sneaking off to settle in her den instead.

He mentions wolves on the mountain then, that he had already asked them about the two-legged, hairless creatures but...Could you see the ocean, from up there? Her dear boy had been wise enough to try and search for answers from higher ground, but had he done all that he could whilst up there? She needed to be certain. Same... The woman admitted grimly. I cant even scent the slightest bit of salt, I dont even know where to start. If we were to head one way, for all we know it could be the complete opposite direction. Without a trail, without a scent, it made searching for something, even as large as the ocean, quite a difficult task.

Vayko then have similar information as Viorel had then, informing her that her three nephews were here along with a single niece. He didnt mention this Clover, however, but Modesto figured she would meet the outsider in due time. Sunlit eyes then cast downward, watching as the young wolf scraped at the snows and then up again as he questioned. Ah, alas- her guidance was needed.

Unfortunately, she began to give her assessment of what she had learned thus far, If we have no idea which way to find our home, we may have to settle here for a time. With winter here too, hunkering down will be best for our survival. We should stay close to where we were placed by those creatures. Seeing as we were thus far dropped here close to one another, if more of our family come there is a good chance it will be here and we do not want to loose them. Traveling to a place Modesto might find better for herself may have to stay on the back-burner for the protection of her family.

And if we cannot ever find our others? Her lips pursed, a brow furrowing as she looked to the young tawny wolf before her questioningly. Then the Valle wolves will need a strong Leader and a incredibly knowledgeable Advisor, would they not?
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

His ears sank and pressed against his skull with a slightly sad look. He had hoped that she would had seen them just so he could know what had become of them. Still, at least he had his Aunt. She had always been more of a guiding figure in his life than either of his parents, mostly by his own design. He was naturally drawn to her and to her advice. He frowned at the mention of the ocean and shook his head. “No. I couldn’t see any sign of the sea.” He reported, wishing that the opposite were true.

She also had lost the trail, and admittedly it brought no home that they would ever find their way back home. Vayko didn’t think it necessary to mention the overly kind floozy that Viorel had brought home. He nodded at the mention of staying in one place. “I had similar thoughts. Andrey went wandering, said he was going to do some scouting, but otherwise we’ve been sticking close to where we were placed.” He was capable of thinking, even if he tended to take a more blunt approach to dealing with people, he did have a strategy and a plan always. It had been one of his finer life lessons.

He couldn’t help but lift his head a little, a proud look in his eyes at the mention of a strong Leader and an incredibly knowledgeable Advisor. He and Viorel had discussed not having a council when they created their pack, because it was certainly in the works… “I suppose they would…” He trailed with a conspiratorial grin. “Vi and I talked about it, starting a pack out here… both of us leading, having an advisor… would you be my advisor, Aunt Modesto?”

Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
He gave a simple 'no' as she had to him just previously, on behalf of the sea not being seem even from the high reaches of the mountains. She could say she believed her nephew, had no reason not to truth the boy. After all, it was a mix of his natural mischievous nature and her own grooming of him which made him a youth she quite favored. Still, she would have to make the trip one day on her own to see for herself. Just in case he missed something and to see the disappointment of it herself when she found out he had not.

A brief mention of Andrey then and she nodded though the conversation pulled her mostly when he spoke of he and Vi leading together and they having advisors at their sides. Now, this is where Modesto could shine. Oh, of course. She breathes with an air of delight. After all, she was a council member and what did she know best then to weave her words to her advantage? Besides, what better way to keep my little nephew out of trouble? A furrowed brow rose, a small smirk to play on her lips.

She knew the young man to be a chaotic sort and Modesto fancied herself a noble woman, thus stuck to the law as far as anyone was concerned despite her secret darker intentions. So long as she had a place of some power to be heard, she could do her best to keep Vayko out of any trouble and sway the views of the masses. Or so she had before. This place was different though and she had yet, as them all, exactly what they might get themselves into here.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Vayko wished it had been as simple as scaling a peak to guide him home, but alas it was not so. Instead, his cousin and he were trying something quite daring. Some would say it was ambitious… but Vayko simply thought of it was birthright. He had not considered if he would go for a crown or become a member of the council. He tended to be impulsive about decisions like that, figuring he would simply know when he knew… well, that and it was likely a conversation he would have had with his Aunt first. He trusted her guidance above all.

Still, the strange skinwalkers had made the decision for him. He would be a king, a crown on his head with his most trusted advisor at his side just as Viorel had chosen his sister to be his advisor. Sharlee would be a good advisor, of that he had little doubt. Hopefully, the rest of the Valle family would filter in, and in the midst of everything they would be able to keep their positions. A sly smirk spread across his features, a mischievous and joking glint in his eyes as he spoke. “Don’t tell Vi that’s your plan, he’ll argue he’s never in trouble.” Clearly he knew Modesto was referring to himself, but it was fun to tease.

“Our plan is to wait until Spring, once Vi is old enough to breed. I told him he needs to find himself a floozy and have some pups.” He would always be blunt about the matter. “I think he’s got his eyes on this one floozy he brought home awhile ago, Clover.” He explained again, motioning with his head towards the south, hoping his aunt would follow him to their newfound home as they talked.

Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
Modesto would be left to play along with the lightly tawny wolf's comment on Vi, to which she would roll her eyes and a smirk grace her mug. Viorel was a good boy, happy and fun loving. Surely having both take leadership might do them some good, balance one another out. She just hoped Viorel didnt get stepped on in the process by his kinder personal. It would be strange, either way, to go from your mother being the leader all your life to two young boys. Mistakes would be made and yet, so had her mother more and more so with her mind now in question.

The gray-scale woman's ears perked as their plans were laid on the table for Modesto to assess and she began to follow her nephew along back towards the Backwater woods.

A floozy? She thought aloud with a 'hrmmm... ' As it were, pups are the future of any pack and if our blood is to survive. However... She mused as she drew nearer to her nephew, to pinch at the edge of a tawny ear with her small-teeth. If it is just some floozy, then will she be good enough to raise the next generation? Teach them well? She wondered and worried. Eventually, you both should have a strong, capable woman to call mate if she is to call herself a Valle. Someone worthy to stand at your side and have our name, not some eager whore. Maybe while Viorel was out lying with just anyone willing to solidify his right as leader it would by Vayko time to find someone the pack could respect as the new mother of their pack's pups.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Vayko felt apprehensive about the leadership, but he also knew that he didn’t want to bow to anyone. He knew deep down that he wasn’t meant to be a follower, and so he would run with it. He had been raised better than that. He’d make good choices, and he’d seek out counsel when it was needed. He had no doubt his Aunt would be more than willing to guide him in that path. He could always count on her to steer him right and in a way, he had always relied on her judgement. She had plenty of experience advising, being on the council back home and everything. Things would be just fine, he had a feeling.

He wrinkled his nose lightly as she nipped at the edge of his ear, recoiling lightly with a roll of his eyes. “We agreed it’s necessary for us to show strength in having a litter for the first year, and I won’t be old enough so the burden falls on him.” He explained, the question falling as he shrugged. “Clover is… a floozy, but she’s a hard worker, and she’s loyal. Even if she isn’t good enough to raise the next generation, that’s where we come in. I’ll act their uncle, make sure they’re guided right.” He had already made up his mind about that too. There was a part of him that trusted Clover to simply do a good job, but there was apprehension there too.

He didn’t trust anyone who wasn’t a Valle. He wrinkled his nose again at the mention of a mate. “I don’t want to go floozing about. Do I really have to have a mate if Viorel finds one?” The idea was less than appealing and while he was prime uncle material, he didn’t really feel father material.