510 Users Online
Bing, Google, Flair

looks stupid, let's try it — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 631 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
For @Andrey backdated to immediately follow the meeting

The salt and pepper wolf had been disappointed by the fact that his siblings had up and decided not to come when summoned for a meeting. It wasn’t exactly a great look that all of the pack came except for the leaders siblings, super nice and supportive. At the very least Andrey had appeared, though he had been late, at least he had attempted to show up and had been quick with an explanation. Xulia was a completely different story, and once all the other members had filtered out the displeasure was unclear on the leader’s face and tone, ”You didn’t see Xulia while out hunting did you?” Viorel was beginning to feel fed up with his sister, she wasn’t making much of an effort to include herself.

Absentee sister aside, there were matters at paw, Andrey had missed all the announcements. Given how quietly everything had gone over at the actual meeting Viorel was no longer nervous to say it, and his brother was amongst the last to know at this point. Smiling slightly, in a tired sort of way, he filled him in , ”You’re going to be an uncle come the spring.” That wasn’t all that surprising, but there was a follow up, ”Twice over.” He was silent now, waiting for any kind of response, and expecting his brother’s typical stoic sarcasm.

Played by arla who has 41 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle
phone post, excuse any errors pls

He remained silent as he watched the pack disperse once his brother wrapped up the meeting, his mahogany gaze flitting between the members as they disappeared into the trees. While Andrey had arrived late, their sister had not shown up at all. He frowned as his brother asked if he had seen her while hunting and quickly shook his head. She wasn’t where I was, he responded as he turned to look at his brother, the frown remaining. Possible that she had left the pack boundaries for a hunt, or a scouting mission, but peculiar that she had not notified her brother.

He shuffled to face his brother once their pack mates left the meeting area, his brow furrowed as he waited for Viorel to fill him in. He looked happy, which both annoyed and pleased the ebony Valle. He still did not like this place, and refused to call it home, but it made Viorel happy for whatever dumb reason.

But as he spoke, Andrey realized what that dumb reason was.

You were busy while I was gone, he chirped in response, a single brow raised as he studied his brother with an amused expression. An uncle to two different litters? Was one not enough?
Viorel Valle

Andrey’s words brought a deep frown onto the salt and pepper face. It displeased him that his own sister would be so blatantly disrespectful of being summoned, but he tried to remind himself that she may have been doing something productive and didn't hear. Still, his very confused grandmother had managed to arrive, and his brother had been out hunting and had gotten there at least for show at the end. The Valle did his best to ignore the annoyance that was growing towards her, there were certainly more pressing matters at hand than his sister’s insubordination.

He wiped the frown away and replaced it with the smile that unknowingly both pleased and annoyed his brother. At least Andrey’s response seemed to be exasperated amusement rather than anger as he had been met with by so many others. It was a relief, truly, to not have someone immediately put him on the defensive.

The forced smile slipped away, and was replaced by his own wary grin, exhaustion clear in his eyes as the act faded. Rolling his eyes at his own stupidity he was honest, ”To tell you the truth Andrey, I was not even sure that I was ready for one litter.” Shrugging now, and looking away at the trees he allowed himself a moment of vulnerability, ”Everything just felt so out of control, like there were all these expectations on me to deliver new life for the pack, which Clover offered to carry, as a friend.” Looking off into the distance the wariness was replaced with something different, something a little more wistful, ”But, with Vanadis it… wasn’t like that. She wasn’t like that.”

It was an outright smile now, his eyes almost glazed over, as if he was talking to someone far away. ”She isn’t like anyone really, not anyone I’ve met anyways. She’s different. He didn’t have the real words, or maturity to express what he was feeling. That he was starting to fall in love for the first time in his young life, despite all the controversy that came with it, she was the light in his storm.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle

Truthfully Andrey was not really sure how to feel about the news. His brother seemed… happy… which was all that mattered, even if Andrey was not. But the brown-eyed boy did not want to dampen Viorel’s spirits with his own grievances. Not when it was already quite apparent how unhappy Andrey was living here. His constant sulking and absenteeism was enough.

He frowned at his brother’s comment. Expectations? What expectations? He asked aloud, echoing his thoughts. Who was expecting you to deliver new life into the pack, brother? It sure wasn’t Andrey—he did not want to create roots in Relic Lore.

Vanadis. Andrey had yet to be properly acquainted with the creature who captured his brother’s attention. And how does Clover feel about Vanadis? Whether Clover was doing her duty as a friend, she was still carrying Viorel’s children. They were still connected. Vanadis about Clover? He did not envy his brother; it was not an ideal situation to be in.

Viorel Valle

Andrey’s expression remained as stable as ever, not that Viorel expected him to be jumping up and down with joy, but some kind of reaction would have been nice. He knew that his brother was unhappy to be living here, he understood, but it was beginning to feel like neither of his siblings were trying. It was strange, but since being dropped here the Valle was slowly but surely becoming closer with his cousins and more distant with his actual litter. It was a strange development, and the leader was just starting to realize it was happening at all.

Viorel fought the need to roll his eyes, thinking back now the demand that he produce children so Vayko didn’t have to seemed absurd. Especially considering where this had gotten them. But, he was still his co-lead, and he wouldn’t outwardly display any kind of discord towards him, ”Vayko. He believed that the pack needed pups in the spring to bond everyone together.” And now they would have them, probably more than he wanted, but they were going to have them.

It was the last set of questions that finally brought out a sigh and a frown, ”To be honest with you, I don’t one hundred percent know. They weren’t close to begin with and Vanadis has said that she will try her best to be understanding of the situation. But, I’m sure neither of them are thrilled about it.” Pausing for a moment, he offered his brother an exhausted looking shrug before adding, ”Realistically the situation is my own doing, and I hope that they blame me and not each other, but only time will tell now.” What was done was done, and now he had to pick up the pieces.

Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle

Vayko, his brother responded. … to bond everyone together. Andrey almost laughed at the explanation. I suppose fathering two different litters is a good way to bond everyone together, he hummed in response with a cheeky grin on his dark features. Why stop at two, he wanted to add, but the additional comment may earn him a swift paw to the face if Andrey wasn’t careful. His brother was in a sensitive situation and he did not want to poke the bear too much.

He shrugged as his brother responded to his second question. It is what it is, he offered with a sigh. If Vanadis really cares about you she will understand… maybe not right away, but eventually. There was nothing his brother could do now—it was his mess to deal with. Clover, too. His chocolate gaze narrowed slightly as he studied his brother, his expression neutral. And how do you feel, brother?

Viorel Valle

Andrey’s response was finally enough to lighten the mood. Snorting out a chuckle Viorel drawled out sarcastically, ”Well, at the very least we’re all somewhat related now. So if that counts as bonding…” He flicked his brother playfully with his bushy tail, ”I’ll make sure to send the kids to pull on your tail when they get annoying, Uncle Andrey. It sounded weird to say out loud, but the title suited the dark brooding male in a strange way.

Salt and pepper ears flicked backwards unhappily at Andrey’s assessment, though he knew it was the truth. There was nothing else that Viorel could do, and Vanadis and Clover were either going to forgive him or they weren’t. He had made this mess, and he would have to deal with the consequences of what he had done.

The last question was a doozy, Viorel looked away, yellow eyes focusing on one of the recently bloomed purple empress flowers. Eventually a wary smile overtook the stormy features, ”Honestly? I know that this is a mess, and non-ideal. I’m worried that I won’t be a good father or give them the life that they deserve. But, I’m happy.” Looking back towards Andrey the words were genuine, ”I’m happy to get the chance to try, to bring in the new generation of Valles in a home that we built. It’s been a shitshow, but this feels like a fresh start.” A fresh start for their fresh start.

Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle

He mock-gagged at his brother’s comment. Uncle Andrey, he scoffed, a look of disgust sprawled across his features, you’re making me sound old, brother. He was already feeling rather wrinkly as they were nearing their second birthday, and now he was going to be an uncle?! Preposterous.

A faint smile rolled onto his features as his brother spoke. Despite Andrey’s indifference to the Lore, and settling here, he was still happy for his brother. This place, for whatever reason, made him happy—along with the wolves he had met leading up to the claiming of Backwater. Maybe one day Andrey would discover what his brother liked so much about this place (if he hadn’t already left it), but for now he was glad that his brother was thriving. One of them deserved to be happy.

Fresh start. He swallowed the frown that threatened to spill over his dark features. Good, he hummed in response, his chocolate gaze drinking in their surroundings as he avoided looking at his brother. And I’m sure you’ll make a great father. He glanced at his brother out of the corner of his eye, his cheeky grin returning: As long as you keep it at two litters.

Viorel Valle
Fade out on your next post?

Viorel couldn’t help but to laugh at his brother’s response, ”That’s because we are old now brother, adults How strange was that? It seemed like yesterday they were just a couple rambunctious cubs being chased and corralled by members of the council. How much had changed in five short months, from thinking what kind of training they wanted to do as yearlings, to dumped in a new world, a pack, children, real responsibilities. Viorel certainly felt old, probably older than his short two years who suggest.

The leader didn’t miss the fact that his brother couldn’t look him in the eye. He knew that Andrey had not been happy to settle here, but he was beginning to feel like his look alike wasn’t really giving the Backwater a chance. Besides that, Viorel was settled here and knew no amount of protesting from both his siblings could drag him away from the Heartleaf Creek, where his pack had come to be, and where his children would be born.

Smiling earnestly, Valle sighed, ”I hope that you are right Andrey. It’s not like we had a father to show me how things are done.” They had had Vasco of course, who had stepped in as their mother’s friend to try to fill the void, but they had never had a real father growing up. Snorting, he nipped playfully at Andrey’s ear, ”Well I can assure you there were only two instances that could have led to litters, anymore pregnant women arriving would be a surprise to me.” He would eat those words when their pregnant mother arrived, but for now he was blissfully unaware.

Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle

A frown creased his features once more at his brother’s comment, which was paired with a very dramatic eye roll. Speak for yourself, brother, he scoffed, his tail wagging playfully behind him. You’ve got two litters now; you’ve aged yourself at least 4 years. Maybe more. He paused to lean forward, his eyes narrowing slightly. It even looks like you’ve gone a little more grey, he added with a cheeky wink

Their displacement had certainly forced all of them to mature quicker then they would have liked. None of them were prepared for this new life, and while some had adjusted more easily than others, it had still forced all of them to grow up.

Andrey couldn’t figure out if that was a good thing or not yet, especially since he had not yet adapted to their new home.

You’ll figure it out, he responded with a more genuine smile as his chocolate gaze finally met his brother’s golden gaze. This response, however, was followed by a laugh at Viorel’s next comment. I think two pregnant women is more than enough for Backwater. If only the brothers knew that a third would end up coming their way soon…

You up for a hunt, brother? He suggested to change the subject and lighten the mood a little more. It had been too long since he had spent some quality time with his brother—mostly because he was stuck in his own head, and isolated himself, but whatever. C’mon, there was a herd of deer along the eastern border a few days ago, let’s see if it’s still there. Without waiting for a response he gave his brother a soft nudge to the shoulder before taking off through the trees…

Fade.