572 Users Online
Neo, Bing, Google, Sophrosnia

Vroom Vroom — Chinook Coulee 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rose who has 80 posts.
Inactive XIII. Subordinate
Sita Valle
@Walleye

With the news that her children, or at least Andrey, could be west of here, over the mountain, Sita was gearing up for the big journey. She had no idea how large the range was, even just moving straight across it. Her son, apparently, had managed it. Hopefully. However, she needed to speak with her new ally, Walleye. Friend? Certainly, why not. It hadn't been out of pity that she'd decided to stick with him. It had been nice to be around another.

But she wasn't sure if he was up for the journey. Walleye was older. And she didn't want to be responsible for his demise if he decided to make the trek with her. But she also hadn't been aware of the western edge of this place at the time. Sita pondered her possible choices as she strode down the coulee towards where they had settled. "Walleye?" She called out, peering around a steep banking corner.
Played by becca who has 37 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Walleye
Admittedly, he hadn't really strayed far from the cub woman. Except for days where she decided to go investigate steep slopes. He had little interest in holding her back on those days. So it should have come at no surprise that he rounded the bank at a limping stroll when she called.

"Sita," He offered back once near enough to be heard. Didn't fancy the idea of hollering to be heard right now.

One mostly grey brow quirked slightly as he stared at her. Expectant, maybe. He was not a man who flapped his lips just to hear his own voice. If there was something to discuss beyond an acknowledgement of each other's existence, he trusted she would get to it.
[Image: DEBturtle2.png]
walleye cannot travel through mountains
and will travel normal terrain at 1/2 speed
Sita Valle
Sita continued forward, even after he made his presence known to her. She gave him a smile as she rolled up, her tail swaying gently at her legs. There was news indeed and she was quite eager to share it. Though the way he limped did bring to the forefront of her mind, alongside the good news, that he was an older man.

"I've gotten word that my children may be west of here, across the mountain." She stated bluntly, though the excitement was evident in her body language as she almost bounced on her paws.
currently travelling with walleye
Inactive Deceased
Walleye
News had arrived, apparently. How he did not know. Yet clearly it was good. Word of her children to the west. Across a mountain.

He did not have it in him to bounce about as joyously as she did. Walleye was happy for her in the way that any old temperamental man could be. Yet that was it. He was an old tempermental man. Well aware that he'd be lucky to see spring or summer. He could not compete in the ways he once had. Perhaps even a year or two ago he would have been fit for a trip over mountains.

Now he limped along even on his best days. Cloudy eyes (not that he knew they clouded some these days) that did not see as well as they used to.

"That's good news, cubbin'." He hummed with some sort of bittersweet kindness. "Take it your odds are better the sooner you head out. So...when's the day?" Fully prepared to shut off any access to his emotions. He had seen off plenty of wolves, some his own children, but perhaps he'd grown softer in his old age. A little harder to watch faces come and go these days.

Walleye did not think once that she might have wanted him to tag along any further now. What spring chick wanted the old rooster tutting about?
Sita Valle
When he began to speak, her excitement seemed to double. She'd expected him to take it harder, though she was disappointed that he assumed she would simply leave him behind so easily. Sita did not want his death on her conscience, but if he wanted to make the journey...

"I'd like to go as soon as possible. The wolf that told me offered to accompany me." Three heads would be better than one. Sita hoped his companion was as amiable as he was. There was a pause. "The invitation is extended to you, as well." She added, evenly. Her happy hopping had slowed into a quiet seriousness.
Inactive Deceased
Walleye
It was a...kind gesture, really. Maybe in his youth he would have jumped on with no hesitation. Eager to devour the land beneath his paws. Except now his joints ached and his paws were calloused from the years.

"Y'know, it'll be the same rules still. I'm a real slowpoke these days." Some humor in his gravely voice, even if he knew there was an expected weight to them. "I'd be happy to come along if you really don't mind, though." It wasn't as if he had much to do here. Mark the same tree a hundred times a day and eat his fill of whatever scraps he found. Quite the life he had decided to live.
(This post was last modified: Mar 25, 2021, 07:09 PM by Walleye. Edit Reason: typos oh no )
Sita Valle
Their journey would be exponentially slower with him coming along. Perhaps Sita would have regretted this decision. Excitement to find her children, uncertainty facing the weather...Sita nodded, understanding. "I don't mind at all. I don't believe our guide will have much issue with it either." He seemed kind. She couldn't imagine him being rude to an older wolf. And if he was, then perhaps she and Walleye would be on their own. Sita wouldn't have patience for that sort of attitude.
Inactive Deceased
Walleye
"Settled then."

If he had been asked a month or two ago what he planned on doing when he left home, the answer would not have been going on some adventure with a young woman to find her missing children. It sounded like a moral filled story one of his wives would have told to rambunctious children at bed time.

"So, they tell you how far your kids got?" Like how West was West in this vague description? Admittedly he had old man feelings about going too far from the coulee he had claimed for himself. Except he liked Sita so...he was willing to travel at least a little.
Sita Valle
How far? Sita's lips drew back in an tight anxious smile for a brief second. "No, there was no mention of that. I suppose we'll have to make a base, and I'll have some exploring to do." She had no idea how large the west side of this place was. The east seemed large to her. But maybe, without a home to really call her own anymore, any place felt sizable. The beach felt like the perfect size. Now there were no boundaries.

Terrifying, and yet exhilarating.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Fresh tracks show an injured deer has recently passed by. Hunt opportunity! +10 Health