(See All?) Announcements
650 Users Online
Bing, Google

Everybody’s got a Hungry Heart — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 364 posts.
Paradise Falls V. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila
Open to anyone (or two) but tagging Cove wolves since they're in the area. (Flair's been hanging around for a little over a month now, so feel free to assume they've crossed paths before but not talked much) <3
@Nash @Moonshadow @Neha
Or maybe @Lila ?

She was feeling restless, had been for a while now really. She didn’t know where to go though, having fulfilled her one goal since coming here in climbing the mountain. Now she was lost, tired of simply exploring; And yet… She liked the Lake area, sheltered as it was, both from the mountain winds and the forests and wolves below, and it had been nice not to be completely alone anymore. Not that she’d been overly social by any means, but @Chan had been checking in with her regularly and she’d felt safe in a sense she hadn’t known for over a year. Still, she was hesitant to bind herself to anyone, however nice the Lake wolves may seem. She’d decided long ago that pack life wasn’t for her, but at this point she was pretty sure loner life wasn’t either; So that leaves… Nothing.

The fiery shewolf kicked at a snow drift, sighing heavily. She’d been wandering aimlessly, trailing an old path along the edge of the lake. Now she paused, looking out over the frozen water, glittering in the evening sun. In her chest she felt a tight longing for… something, she just couldn’t figure out what it was. Amber eyes drifted back to russet paws, squinting at the bright light reflected off the snow. Except one patch. The white lump she had kicked at in her frustration turned out not to be a snow drift at all, or at least, not just that. Curious, the wolfess lowered her nose to sniff at the green mass, poking out from the fresh hole in the snow-cover. A plant of some kind…? The thought had only just formed in her head when the sharp odor filling her nose made her eyes water and she swiftly retracted her muzzle, sneezing loudly multiple times; A stink-plant!

Word count: 304

”Speech" Thoughts
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2021, 09:32 PM by Flair.)
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Ive been meaning to message you about a thread with them together <3

Everything but the weather was looking up. It had been almost two moons if not more since the ebony woman returned to her mountain home and was found by two of her three children. It filled her with love to be home again surrounded by her family, and those who were still family just not by blood. There had been a few new faces around the cove, that of another ebony she wolf @Lila and a starkly different fiery woman Flair. Moonshadow hadn't had the chance to meet with  either of them but was determined to do so today. Large inky paws moved about the snow dusted terrain of the forest near the lake's edge in hopes of cross either woman's paths.

Large triangular audits heard her before either her eyes or nose could detect her. Steering towards the sudden violent outburst Moon was soon upon the easily recognizable Athesila female. Mercury orbs searched for the source of the younger woman's sneezing. It wasnt long until they settled on a green mound standing starkly against the snow. Tilting her head slightly Moonshadow was perplexed until the unpleasant scent reached her. Wrinkling her snout the onyx woman snorted to rid herself of the assaulting smell. "I forgot those were up here" she commented as she took a step back from the area. She knew of the plants and once knew their name but she had long forgotten after so long from her mountain.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
I think there's a flaw in my code

It was nice to be back among wolves again. Solitude wasn't good for a wolf, and now she'd seen the Bend maybe she could put it behind her. She wasn't one hundred percent set on joining the Cove, but she was beginning to think maybe it was the next chapter. After all she couldn't keep hanging around forever...things didn't work well that way.

It seemed she wasn't the only one. She'd noticed another female, with a fiery coat around. She was curious if Chan too had brought her here. How permanent she might be. Deciding it was in her best interest if she saw her again she made up her mind to talk to her. She just hadn't thought it would be now. South of the territory she heard a sneeze up ahead. Having gotten over her cold, she paused for one moment. It sounded like Moonshadow was there too. Unsure what they were talking about, she came upon them, her tail faintly wagging. "Afternoon," she offered, letting her gaze flick from one to the other till she noticed the plant they must be talking about. "Hardy little thing." Or stubborn, but she wasn't positive what it was. She was a little apprehensive to get close, seeing as it had made the latest stranger sneeze. She took the moment to let her gaze pick at her. It was hard not to stare at her with her brightly colored coat, Lila hadn't quite seen anything like it. She also had a pair of striking bright eyes, and a scar across her face. She couldn't quite decide if pieces were missing from her ears. A fighter of some kind?

(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2021, 10:27 PM by Lila.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Fresh tracks show an injured deer has recently passed by. Hunt opportunity! +10 Health
Flair Smoke-Athesila

With a final wheeze, she managed to clear her nose of the offending smell, tongue running along her upper lip to clear the last irritation. As she did, her gaze roamed the surroundings, and she spotted a dark form approaching. Her initial reaction, as always, was alarm, shoulders stiffening and hackles and tail raising, purely by instinct. She had to force herself to relax, knowing that most of the wolves around here were part of the Cove group, posing no threat to her. And when the other came close, she recognized her as well, though it was one of the females, whom she had yet to meet properly.

Taking a deep breath, Flair shook out her scruff with a violent shoulder roll, emitting a half-cough, from the irritation in her throat. Finally, she looked up at the older wolf, who had come to a stop close by, her silver gaze inspecting the plants bared at their feet. Flair glanced down again at her words, giving the greenery another look, this time at a respectful distance. A sudden frost appeared to have seized the plant sometime in fall, keeping it from wilting as it normally would. She couldn’t figure out what was causing the smell though.

Just as the fiery wolf opened her mouth to speak, another wolf came to join them. Similarly dark-furred, but younger, probably around the same age as Flair herself, she didn’t recognize this girl, but her informal friendliness made it clear that she was familiar with the lake wolves as well. Flair nodded, a little stiffly, at the greeting and then, as conversation turned to the plant once more, she looked down at it, furrowing her brow; “No idea what it is… Smell’s like barf tho’!” One paw raised to rub at her offended nose, ears flicking towards either wolf in turn, attentive for their response. Ma would’ve known what it is… She mused. Unfortunately, the rebellious girl had never really taken to her mother’s medic lessons.

Word count: 331

”Speech" Thoughts
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Luckily the large onyx woman hadn't gotten too close to the plant for it to fully assault her nose. @Flair on the other had wasnt so lucky. Mercury orbs took notice of the fiery woman's response to her arrival but also how she relaxed once seeming to recognize Moon. A personality to match her appearance it would seem. As mercury orbs looked over the younger woman she noticed that she too had scars, primarily in the form of notches from her ears and a noticeable one across the bridge of her muzzle. No wonder she was quick to react Moon mused. No matter, Moonshadow was a gentle soul and took no offence to the woman's reaction. Had she held that demeanor, then that would have been another story. Before either could speak a third she wolf joined them. The equally dark form of @Lila came from the trees offering a friendly greeting. Looks like lady luck was on Moonshadow's side. Both women she wanted to get to know better in one place. "Hello Lila" the oldest of the three offered in return with a dip of her head. Lila commented on the plant's hardiness before Flair added to not knowing what it was but that the odor it emitted was that of vomit. "I once knew the name of it but its name has long since escaped me. But yes it does smell foul when disturbed." the inky woman added with an involuntary wrinkle of her muzzle and small snort.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

Lila tried to keep any further judgment's about the new one racing in her mind. Still she paid close attention, wondering who had invited her, and if like her she was visiting, thinking about making it permanent. She held those questions back for the time being. Since she was here because one of the Eastfalls or Aleister had invited her she shouldn't worry about her character. Old habits died hard...if at all.

"How are you today Moonshadow?" She waited for the woman's answer, before turning to the other to ask the same thing."And you?" Obviously hoping she provided a name since she now had hers. She was all about learning what she could of both these women.

Moonshadow mentioned she use to know it's name. As Lila looked at the plant it didn't bring anything to mind. Which was ironic being home of her grandparents and all but Aponi hadn't been born or raised here and its name likely forgotten with the dead. What she was noticing there seemed to be more, like a path of sorts, and she had no want to bother the rest. She'd gotten a faint whiff of it, but with her mind on other things she hadn't paid it attention when seeing the other woman. "Oh, that's what smells like something killed over?" Or? All of a sudden wasn't sure she was smelling the plant. It's fumes seemed to have settled. This smell wasn't barf as the other described. "Do you smell a deer?" And death?

Flair Smoke-Athesila

The two dark women greeted each other with a courtesy that made something itch at the back of Flair’s mind – she felt simultaneously embarrassed at her own lack of manners and off put by the stiffness of the situation, her chaotic nature rebelling against this formality. She only managed to force a smile as the younger woman, Lila, addressed her, the question surely born of genuine interest and good will, yet all Flair felt was the claustrophobia of expectation. Socializing was so not her thing!

Luckily for her, Lila’s attention was soon returned to the plant, a breathy chuckle escaping Flair’s throat as she too commented on the smell. It really had been a horrible stench though, now that her nose was back in the open air, the fiery girl couldn’t actually smell it anymore; Lucky for me… She did however catch another scent on the breeze, one that could be arguably classified as just as foul, but to a lone wolf it was much more tantalizing. “A dead one,” she supplied, nodding in agreement to the black girl’s words, she’d realized it to.

Amber eyes scanned their surroundings, sharp and well trained through her years of scavenging, and they soon landed on the tracks, crossing the path a little ways into the woods. Glancing briefly at the other two, Flair took the few steps needed to inspect the tracks closer, bending her head to sniff at the marks in the snow. They showed a clear limp on one hind leg, a bright target to any hunter, and from the smell of it, one had already taken the advantage. Flair lifted her head back up, looking over at her companions, a silent question on her face. She wanted to follow the trail, but she had learned enough manners to know it would be impolite to simply leave, even if she wanted to.

Word count: 312

”Speech" Thoughts
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

I am so sorry about the wait y'all!

The younger dark woman greeted her back and asked how she was doing before also asking their fiery companion as well. "Good thank ya" Moonshadow replied with a wave of her tail. Silver orbs moved from Lila to Flair as the conversation moved from the dark duo to their colored companion. She offered a smile in response before the conversation moved once more to the plant and its foul smell. Lila inquired about it being the source of the vomit scent and the eldest woman simply responded with a mmmhumm. Another scent ran across her coal nose but before she could comment on it the two younger she wolves beat her to it. First Lila asked if they smelt a deer then Flair moved to inspect the tracks nearby. A twinge of a strange emotion ran through her veins as Moonshadow watched her companions. Was her senses beginning to fail her? Was her age really starting to catch up and slow her down? The aging ebony woman shoved the thoughts aside and focused on the situation at hand. With a smile and glance towards Lila, Moon moved towards Flair. "Shall we go find ourselves a prize ladies?" Mercury orbs met amber counterparts with a silent question of her own. Since Flair found the tracks surely she wouldn't mind leading the way.

Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

It was good to know after the awful plant her nose still worked. It was a sense she'd hate to be without. Her eyes found the tracks Flair had been drawn to. The red woman had a good eye. They were all in agreement about moving forward, but Lila still nodded. Ready to follow the two woman to see what was left.

It was a pretty incredible find, the deer looking rather untouched. Still she made a point to look around, check the area. She wanted to be certain there wasn't any other competition. Bears were still asleep, but their were coyotes, cougars, and other wolves. It was for those reasons she was glad these two were with her, but also for others. It was like she was a part of something again. She wouldn't quite say family, but there was the familiarity this brought she no doubt missed. If Flair stuck around with them, she would be grateful to be less outnumbered.

"Fate smiles on us today."