but I love it every time [s] — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 628 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
For @Vayko and @Vanadis Pinn first please <3
Shortly follows this thread!

They talk shit, but I love it every time

Viorel had brought strangers home before to Vayko and it had not gone quite so smoothly. That was before the idea of the Backwater had been born though, and the teen was confident that this time his cousin would see the benefit it would bring. With Vanadis at his side, they had made the short trip from that strange sinkhole back to the creek that the little band had been calling their home. Striking yellow eyes swept the scenery, but Vayko’s tawny form wasn’t readily apparent, though his scent hung heavy in the air. It was no surprise that he wasn’t here, the sun had finished rising and brought with it a little bit of warmth, he was probably off looking for breakfast.

Flopping his haunches down into a casual seating position to show that they had arrived, Viorel lifted his muzzle to the sky and called. Then, when the mist of his breath had dissipated and the sound stopped reverberating back to them through the trees he grinned at the white pelted woman. She could stand, or sit, or lay down even, he didn’t care much, they were only a band right now and that didn’t require any kind of formal greeting. Winking at her, he teased, ”You scared?”

And I realize

Played by Pinn who has 142 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater VII. Subordinate
Vanadís
Vanadís Argyris-Archer

While following a stranger home might not have been the wisest decision she had ever made, Vanadís felt at ease. An older wolf might have been able to chalk her feelings up to the naivety of youth, or the inability of a teenager to really understand that there were dangers in the world, ones that could reach out and touch them. So it was without complaint, or care that she came to sit beside Viorel, her pale eyes searching the horizon as his song poured into the sunny sky.

Vanadís' eyes narrowed playfully at Viorel's wink, and another conspiratorial grin etched itself across her maw in response. "Should I be?" Her tongue held no inflection of fear, though the excitement forced a drop of adrenaline to course through her body. It was strange how much could change in the course of a day.

There's a serpent in these still waters, lying deep down.
Played by Tasha who has 305 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
what i really need now is a double shot of crown

Vayko was not a trusting person. It had been something of a quirk growing up, often mistaken for acts of a rebellious teen, but he was simply paranoid. He valued actions over words, so strangers brought little proof that they could be trusted, and it was as simple as that… still, he was learning. He was adapting because he no longer had the luxury of denying someone simply because he did not like them… it was a shame. He wished he could still do that. Strange lands called for strange methods. Still, he would leave further recruitment to Viorel, who was far more sociable, especially with floozies.

He heard his call, his ears perking as he rose from where he had been gnawing on rabbit bones lightly, a dull expression on his features that lacked amusement as he headed towards the call. It did not take him long to reach it, the stench of another with his cousin that elicited a soft sigh from the Valle. “What floozy have you brought home now, Vi?” As blunt as always, he hadn’t changed that much.

Viorel Valle

Viorel’s grin only grew as Vanadis had a quick quip back. She was witty, and he liked that, and hoped that Vayko would vibe with her as well, their matching sarcasm would either be really good or really bad. It wouldn’t take too much longer before he found he supposed. It wasn’t more than a few minutes before his cousin joined them, as blunt as ever and the Valle man could only roll his eyes and bite his tongue. Such a charmer Vayko was.

Gesting from the tawny man to the cream woman he put it simply, ”Vayko, Vanadis. Vanadis, Vayko,” Then looking pointedly at his cousin he said flatly, ”Not a floozy, a new recruit for the pack.” Aka, try to be professional and not such a child. He knew him and his cousin had different personalities, but he had hoped that Vayko could have at least faked a little more grace. Oh well, something to work on for the future. Looking back to the woman beside him he smiled, ”Okay, so what were the skills that you’re able to offer us in exchange for joining?” Viorel already knew the answer to this, but he figured it would be better if Vayko heard it from her instead of parroted from him.

And I realize

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Vanadís
Vanadís Argyris-Archer

Vanadis' pulse quickened with the flicker of movement on the horizon. She had no idea what to expect of the approaching stranger, but that's what made it so thrilling. Would he be strong and unyielding, quiet and reserved? There were infinite possibilities in regards to the pending interaction, but if she had to hedge her guess, she would have to assume he would be much like Viorel.

When the boy finally opened his mouth, Vanadis realized that all bets were off. There wasn't a single scenario she'd played out in her head that began like this. Good. Her delicate brow rose, though her playful smirk remained. Pale orbs swiveled to Viorel, catching the roll of his eyes, before her gaze settled back on the tawny stranger.

She was quiet as her inky companion made the introductions, and spoke of her.. lack of flooziness. Rather than recite her skills, he asked her to speak on her behalf, which the Archer was happy to do. "Well, when I'm not busy with my floozy duties — and there are many," She offered a pointed though playful look at Vayko. "I can get by on my knowledge of plants, but I'd also make a good scout, or hunter."

There's a serpent in these still waters, lying deep down.

(This post was last modified: Mar 10, 2021, 08:00 AM by Vanadis.)
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Vayko’s sense of tact woke up on the other side of the bed from him, it was true. He tilted his head as his cousin scolded him, a soft snort. If it looked like a floozy and smelled like a floozy, then it was probably a floozy. In his opinion, grace and poise were just fancy terms for lies and blasphemy. He raised an eyebrow as Viorel questioned Vanadis’ skills for him. He pretty certain he could have asked about it himself. He took a seat and merely listened.

He cracked a grin, chuckling softly. “I like this one, Vi.” He teased lightly before she started to talk about her knowledge of plants, being a scout, and a hunter. “Is that so. Do you have a lot of time for these duties? How much time would you say your floozy responsibilities take up in day to day life?” He was definitely teasing… and maybe even… flirting with her? It was certainly an interesting development. “How well can you hunt? Would you be willing to put it to the test right now?” A little trial by fire seemed perfect to test her grit and mettle.

Viorel Valle
one more round each? I can fade out when they leave to hunt.

Viorel practically choked. He had heard Vanadis’ quick wit back at the sink hole, but it was nothing compared to her responding about her floozy duties. Trying to cover his laughter with a couple of coughs the yellow eyes focused on the trees behind Vayko’s head as he composed himself. He said nothing as his cousin flirted with the woman beside him, although he couldn’t wipe the knowing smirk from his muzzle. It was about time that the tawny man got a taste of his own medicine as far as sarcasm was concerned.

He really didn’t have much to say in the current exchange, he had done the introduction and now he would let Vanadis fend for herself. Obviously if his cousin got too out of control he would step in, but it seemed he had nothing to worry about between the two of them. Except maybe that they would get along too well. Viorel’s yellow eyes fell on the white yearling beside him with interest, how would she take this challenge to hunt?

And I realize

Vanadís
Vanadís Argyris-Archer
Sounds good to me!

Vanadis grinned at Vayko's proclamation, and that grin only widened as he continued on with the joke. It seemed that her impulsiveness had paid off. She was going to have fun here. "Well, my floozy duties have to come first. I mean, I've made a commitment to them already, and I always honor my commitments." That last part was.. usually true. "But don't worry, they leave me with just enough time to do everything else."

He then offered her a challenge, and really, Vanadis had never been one to back down from a challenge. "Right now? I think I can fit it in to my schedule." A wicked smile passed over her lips as she stood, ready for whatever hunt the boys had in mind. "Lead the way."

Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
Sounds good to me!

His cousin had butt out of the conversation and for that he was glad. It went smoother in his mind when his cousin wasn’t trying to scold him about being tactful. This was who Vayko was. He was capable of playing the diplomat and he had proven that, even if his cousin had not been around for his helpful conversation with Chan… and how he chose to interact with recruits was very much his own way of testing them. He wanted to see if they could handle whatever was thrown their way. Only the strong would survive. His family was strong, and those who wanted to remain with them would have to show their mettle one way or another.

She was good with her words, and he smirked at that. “I understand, they are so terribly important.” He answered in a mock serious voice, finding the jest back and forth to be quite entertaining. She questioned it and he grinned, eager to see her prove herself as he motioned with his head. He had been tracking a small herd not far from there, and one of the members could easily be taken down by the three of them together. Vanadis would lead to show her strength as a hunter and that she was capable of leading a hunt if it came to it.

Viorel Valle

The Valle teen could honestly not believe what was unfolding in front of his eyes. Blinking in surprise again he remained in stunned silence as the two openly flirted in front of himt. Of all of the scenarios that he thought were even in the realm of possibility happening when he brought another recruit home to Vayko, this had now been one of them.

Floozy duties, hunting, the fake serious voices, the smiles. It was a lot. Shaking his head in exasperation the dark male got to his paws and followed behind the pair as they went off on a hunting expedition. Why did he suddenly feel like a third wheel in this situation, and more importantly why did it bother him? At least hunting would take his mind off it all.

And I realize

FADE