(See All?) Announcements
530 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo

Memory — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
All Welcome. This thread takes place at lost lake on the same side as FTC used to be. Somewhere around here: -53.99808, 36.47804

It had been a long time since she'd last visited lost lake. Having talked about it with Aleister had left her wanting to visit again. Who knew maybe she'd come across the dark agouti man again or perhaps the one that was in charge. At least that was what the crow assumed he'd meant. 

She'd left riddle heights disappointed at not having found anything of interest. She hoped the mysterious lake would bring her more luck. Perhaps she might find a place to rest for a few days. It wasn't easy traipsing through the snow in her condition. 

Oksana had considered many places to visit. Her mother had made sure to visit them all. She remembered a place called Willow Ridge. A pack was there so she thought she might check it out. 

It was early morning when Oksana arrived at the lake. It had been planned perfectly really. The steam came off the lake just as she remembered. Across the pebbled shore she limped until she reached the waters edge. There she sat back on her haunches to look out across the water for a bit. It really was magical.

Table by Arla
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Given recent events, Chan felt it was best to remain at the Lake for a few more days, even though he had admittedly been excited at the prospect of scouting away from the mountain again. He wanted to be there for @Aleister and make sure that they were topped off with caches before he set out again. On his way back from a night of hunting, Chan carried a marmot carcass in his jaws as he made his way to the den.

When he saw a dark silhouette, it was @Lila that jumped to mind, and the decision to divert and say hello was easy. Then he noticed the limp, and a deep frown cut lines between his eyes.

"Li'a?!" Chan called out around the kill before ditching it altogether, jogging as quickly as he could through the snow.

"Lila, you alright? What happened?!"
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Of all the places that Oksana had ever been in her life she thought the lame might be her favorite. The feeling that she had when she was there and the memories. They were only sad then because losing her mother was still so fresh in her mind even if it had been weeks. She'd gone on the best she could but continuing to find places where there had once been wolves abandon now. She was starting to question everything she was doing. Meeting Aleister had given her some hope that maybe others would come to stay. 

Her ear flicked back when she heard the jumbled word. Oksana turned to face the wolf whose voice had interrupted her thoughts. The scent of the marmot caught her attention drawing her gaze to the discarded carcass. It moved quickly back to the stranger when he spoke. Her brow wrinkled in confusion. 

"I'm sorry but I think you have me confused with someone else. My names Oksana and I'm alright. It's an old injury. I was just remembering…" she trailed off looking a little embarrassed. 

Table by Arla
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
When she turned, and those deeply-amber eyes flashed, Chan recognized his mistake. His stride slowed, but only by a gear or two. The panic dissipated, knowing that it wasn't the denim-sighted woman in trouble, but he still was eager to help if the dusky stranger needed care. When her voice reached across the sparkling snow, he finally relaxed completely. An old injury, that had to be a bother, but at least she wasn't bleeding out or dealing with an infection.

"I'm Chan," he returned with a smile, slowing to a stop altogether a couple yards from her.

"Sorry, I totally interrupted, huh? You look a lot like my friend. Mind some company?"
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Truthfully Oksana hadn't been expecting anyone when she'd settled at the lakes edge. The man had shown up which had been a pleasant surprise to the Crow. Perhaps she was a little more on need of company than she'd thought. She was smiling when she turned to face him though a little confused. She imagined he wojkd.be a little confused as well. She quickly tried to clear things up for him and perhaps herself. 

"I'm Oksana," she offered returning his smile before sitting back on her haunches. 

Her smile remained as he apologized then when he'd finished speaking she shook her head. "No, it's okay really. I probably shouldn't be dwelling anyway. She must be very pretty then," Oksana teased a little with a small giggle. "I would love some company actually. Do you live in the area or are you just passing through?"

Table by Arla
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Shouldn't be dwelling? In Chan's opinion, that was exactly what the shore was for. However, he wouldn't pressure the woman either way, as it certainly wasn't his place to do so. Her joking words caused him to chuckle.

"I can't argue with that," he responded with a kind smile. Lila was beautiful, and the woman before him's soft features were nearly as kind on the eyes.

When she said he was welcome to stick around, Chan stepped forward and reclined beside her, a comfortable amount of space left between them to show respect.

"I live a bit further North along the lakeshore, along with my family and some others. What about you, are you new to the Lore?"
(This post was last modified: May 27, 2021, 04:24 AM by Chan.)
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

The lake was a quiet place where it was easy to get lost in one's thoughts. Oksana was sure it wouldn't do her any good to let her mind drift into that sad place where her mothers memory now lived. There was still so much to do though it would be hard to leave the lake. 

She smiled in kind at Chan's words. Oksana had to wonder how much his friend really did look like her for him to think she was her.  Oksana watched as he came to sit beside her. He seemed nice so she wasn't too worried about the distance between then.

Her orange gaze turned on him as he spoke. Her curiosity caused her to wonder if he might be one of the wolves Aleister spoke of. Before she could ask he had a question of his own. Oksana shook her head, "No, I was born here though not on the mountain. I was born in Kingsfall its a ways from here where the tall trees grow. Then before the coyotes we moved closer to Turtleback lake. Do you know of it?" She asked. Perhaps he'd been to the places she'd lived. 

Table by Arla
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's ears lifted with interest as she corrected his assumption. While the name Kingsfall didn't ring any bells, Turtleback Lake was familiar, and so he furrowed his brows in thought for a moment, trying to estimate which forest she was talking about.

"The red woods?" he asked, remembering their staggering heights along with the vibrant coloration of their bark.

"I definitely know your lake, it's way bigger than ours with big ol' islands, right? That's a beautiful area for sure."
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana had hoped that she'd given enough description of her birth place that the man would know it. There was of course plenty more that she could say but she found as he spoke it wasn't necessary. A smile crossed her features, "Yes, the red woods," she replied, "That was were I was born and we lived before the pack moved " she didn't want to go into detail as to why they'd moved. 

She'd been young but she remembered the day she'd been told her grandmother had died. 

"Yes, it does have islands. I wanted to swim all the way to one and back as a pup. It is beautiful there even now after everyone's disappeared."

All this talk about where she was from of course made her curious about him. "Were you born here on the mountain?" She assumed since he had settled here with his family.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan grinned back at the woman. He likely would have wanted to do the exact same thing as a kid, and had definitely thought about it on his way back through the Lore. Thankfully he hadn't stopped to adventure though, otherwise he might have missed @Nash and @Aleister.

Her question was replied to first with a nod.

"Yep, Fallen Tree Cove. It was also North of this lake, though we've been wandering West lately. Our pack left too, but we're trying to re-establish it."

And hopefully would soon.
(This post was last modified: Jun 29, 2021, 10:27 PM by Chan.)