(See All?) Announcements
326 Users Online
Bing, Google

Rise of the Valkyries — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rose who has 80 posts.
Inactive XIII. Subordinate
Sita Valle
There was very little snow left, which Sita was thankful for. However, there was no snow because of all the rain. Which was absolutely miserable because it would wash away scents she was desperate to find. But in spite of the dreadful cloudy weather, the western half of this place? was nicer. It didn't feel haunted. Though maybe that was simply Sita projecting because she was so excited to find her children again.

Seperating from her little adventuring party for the time being, and with the weather cleared in terms of precipitation, Sita searched out in the woods. Her heat still pressed on, a strong scent after a fresh rain. Though at the moment she did not feel the need to weaponize it. And so she minded her own business. Her nose pressed to the damp earth, she pulled in strongly, hoping to dredge up any sign of anyone. Had anyone been through this area recently?
Played by becca who has 37 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Walleye
Walleye had been like a moon that orbited the sun of Sita.

But suns didn't have moons. So maybe she was more like a flaming planet that he felt too nervous to get too close to. Until she wandered off and he felt heavily compelled to follow after her. It was hard to guess what she might have felt inclined to do in such a still flaming state.

Search for children, he had to assume in good faith.

Something that felt solidified as he caught a glimpse of her with her nose pressed into the mucked up earth. Unless she was on the hunt for a different scent. Maybe food. Maybe men.

He might have announced himself properly had a particularly wheezy wheeze not escaped him. He figured that was enough to give away his lurking position a few yards away.

Awkward.
[Image: DEBturtle2.png]
walleye cannot travel through mountains
and will travel normal terrain at 1/2 speed
Sita Valle
Sita almost jumped out of her skin when she heard Walleye wheeze. She'd been so caught up in trying to suck up smells she hadn't noticed him at all.

Awkward.

Her head snapped up, ears flattened, eyes wide. But she would recover quickly upon seeing who it was and her face softened. "I was a bit in my own head." She explained as she approached him, tail wagging gently behind her. "How're you doing today?" She lifted a paw to wipe a bit of dirt from her nose. Doubly awkward because it was quite itchy. Their journey here had seperated them for a bit and Sita had missed seeing his face every day. Now that they were here, she had some time to make up for.
(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2021, 08:28 PM by Sita.)
currently travelling with walleye
Inactive Deceased
Walleye
He didn't want to seem...hmm.

There was no real good description for how he felt. Heady sort of woozy, but more inclined to be dismissive than intrigued too much lest they make a bigger mess of everything going on. He knew better and admittedly knew he was too old for any spring time serenades.

He watched her from his spot on creaky limbs, noticed how she was still very much Sita despite...everything.

"Bit tired, travel's rough on old men." It would come as no surprise. "Just figured ain't seen much of you since got over 'ere." A soft thump as he found himself putting himself into a seated position.

"Everything going okay?"
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Fresh tracks show an injured deer has recently passed by. Hunt opportunity! +10 Health
Sita Valle
Sita would walk to him as he sat. She gently pressed the side of her muzzle to his own before she slid into a sit herself. Walleye was so kind. So honest. And he trusted her enough to haul himself over a mountain. She would hesitate to see him as a father, for her own, despite being deceased, had been good and she did not want to replace him. But he was a valuable friend.

"I'm glad you made it. And that you were willing to do that for me." She smiled at him and her ears airplane'd out. Perhaps such a valuable friend ought to know what precisely was transpiring. "Azra and I had a...Fling on the way over." She wasn't truly sure how else to describe it. Two willing parties coming together to do something somewhat ill-advised. But there had been no one there to advise them otherwise. Sita knew herself a capable mother. Azra was a kind man. She only harbored friendly feelings for him.

The situation wasn't ideal. But it was what it was.
Inactive Deceased
Walleye
Did it sting that she complimented before dropping the news in his lap?

Yes, but he was an old man with a sensitive ego when it came to women. Not that she had ever expressed any interest in him or vice versa, but it was a instinct based sensation. The need to compete still rung in his bones even if he felt too old for that most days.

"I see." He huffed sharp. "He stickin' 'round to see the outcome?" No guarantee that the cubbin' went and had more cubbin'... but he did hope they were prepared for such an outcome. Especially seeing as Sita was currently on the hunt for missing children.

Woof.
Sita Valle
Sita rubbed her nose against her leg, treating an itch that probably manifested from some anxiety that she wouldn't feel on a deeper level. Things she wouldn't linger on for too long. "We haven't spoken about it yet. So, I can't say." Clearing her throat she tipped her head back a little.

"He seems like a good man, just inexperienced. I don't think he'll run," The woman mused towards the sky. "But I won't pretend I'm an expert on him." They were all but strangers. Her nose leveled at him again and Sita considered her next words carefully. But perhaps she'd hold her tongue for now. One heavy topic at a time.
Inactive Deceased
Walleye
She sure was... itchy. Maybe that was just A Thing. A symptom of the season, or a case of spring fleas. He chose not to address it as she carried on with the more important topic.

"Hardly even experts on each other." A dry laugh escaped him, cut off soon after with a wheezy type of sigh. Then the air felt thick and heavy. Awkward... or maybe it was all him. Walleye would not pretend to be good at social interactions that carried weight or importance. It was humorous to think he had been a leader before all of this.
Sita Valle
Sita puffed out her cheeks and whuffed the air out of them. "Never has something truer been spoken."

The woman could absolutely not disagree with him. And only in his presence did she allow herself to feel the tiniest bit embarrassed. He'd already been this blunt with her. "I wish I could better explain my logic in it. Loneliness, perhaps? Maybe just complete thoughtlessness." If there was something even remotely reminescent of the year prior, when things felt whatever this baseline of normal was.

She needed a new baseline.