(See All?) Announcements
473 Users Online
Bing, Google, Aven, Vili, Viorel

Sound The Bugle Now — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<i> <a href='http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5996/huntmap.png' target='_blank'>Picture Here</a>
I made this really poor drawing xD Any way pink is Jayse's team, and blue is Kade's.The caribou are migrating in the direction of the grey arrow. I kinda put what I thought they would try to accomplish. There is a bit of powerplay so we can get to the hunt itself. First to post will be the "herders" Elettra,Kiche,Arlette,Silver, and Trisden. Then the catchers. Kade first, Raigo,Borden, Hocus, Valiant. I think Silver,Trisden, and Hocus won't exactly be posting, I'm going to include them here as they are welcome to jump in. <a href='http://arctic.fws.gov/carcon.htm' target='_blank'>http://arctic.fws.gov/carcon.htm</a> <-- this i thought gave some interesting information on them.</i>

She rose before dawn, and sang a hunting song gathering those of the Hollow. It as a clear day, and rather cool without the light of the sun. This would be the best time to accomplish their goal. The sooner they got started, getting their blood pumping, and their minds awake the better. Everyone had gathered, she eagerly rose from her seat, gave Hocus a fond lick to his skull of good luck, and jerked her head for her team to follow.

Quietly, and quickly she lead them through the willows, and around to where th caribou were drifting along, heading back to their summer range to prepare for the birth of their own calves. She came to an abrupt halt, eyes sharp upon their brown, and creamy bodies. The young bulls, and pregnant females were the only ones packing antlers. Some younger males had dropped theirs, while others were hanging onto them. She watched them close looking for what she wanted. She wanted one without antlers, and it was the young cow that appeared the best choice. She craned her head she spotted one bull with a significant limp, she was ready to cut him, the few females near him back to the males who waited at the edge of the Marsh. Turning to her daughters she watched them with a proud smile. She slowly drew back into the cover of the trees, ushering them to follow. She turned to face those on her team."I'm sure this will be new for most of you, but our job isn't too hard. We are going after those without their antlers, and for the most part we just want to cut out some to herd back to Kade and them, understand? I spotted one with a limb, we want him and the young females around him alright. You just have to be fierce enough to scare them in running where you want so be close enough to make them move, enough you won't risk injury alright?" She turned to Elettra hoping if she had any sound advice she would offer it now, and then waited for any questions they might have. Their voices died down she raised her head, and sounded off a very high pitched and short howl. This was the call they would soon be on the move. "Kiche, Arlette you're with me. We'll try stick to the right side while El, Trisden, and Silver keep to the left. Don't worry if it doesn't work that way. Shake your nerves, and be prepared. Once we get closer they will spook." Her mismatched eyes fell to her two daughters, and she grazed their heads with the underside of her chin. This she figured was the safest thing for them to learn, they would be in the heat of this hunt pushing their lungs, and legs. They would see it first hand.

A quick suck of air she wheeled 'round, and bounded to the edge of the trees. When she spotted her target she only waited to hear those step beside her, before she rushed in front of the old bull. She viciously snarled, snapping her jaws. It bulked letting out a bellow, raising up onto his hind legs. It came crashing down threatening to get her, but Jayse was quicker darting back. When it had barely landed, his injured, hind limb quiver she rushed forward to nip at it's chest. This soon got his attention, and he jerked backward out of her grip. She let out loud woof, making it spin in the direction she wanted. She spotted her companions working to do the same, and she kept on the old bull, then moved to the nearest young cow urging it to move away from her. She did not have encourage her the same, she balked the moment Jayse was about to enter her personal space. The leader charged after them, her tail held high, and proudly behind her.
(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2012, 04:40 AM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>-rubs hands together- let’s get this party started. Oh and LOL can you believe this is actually the first time I’ve had any of my characters hunt <i>anything</i>? I feel like a bad person xD</li></ul></span>
Anxious was an understatement. His heart knocked and railed against the bars of his ribcage, pleading desperately with Kiche to stop this madness and go home. The palpitations rose to an overwhelming crescendo, and finally the priest could hear nothing else. <i>I don’t want to be here,</i> he thought over and over, <i>I don’t want to be here.</i> But this was not a choice –this was a <i>duty</i>. And whatever happened, he <i>refused</i> to let Elettra out of his sight. He owed it Borden to keep an eye on her, and he owed to himself to stop being such a coward. His smoldering amber eyes gazed beseechingly at Jayse’s backside as she searched the herd of caribou for a sacrifice. <i>Can we just get this over with?</i> he longed to ask her as the minutes dragged on soundlessly.

When Jayse suddenly turned back around, Kiche was so on edge that he nearly leaped out of his skin. But all he managed was a fearful gasp. His pagan leader began to speak, but it was becoming increasingly difficult to hear her in the din. He caught only one word in ten. Hard. Antlers. Herd. Kade. Young. Limb. Fierce. It was becoming harder and harder to stay put. <i>Injury.</i> Oh God. Kiche could only gulp in response, too frozen by fear to do much else. <i>Let me go. Get me out of here,</i> he wanted to scream, <i>I’m not meant to be here. Can’t you see I can’t do this?</i> Part of him realized that she was talking again, and that his name was in that jumble of words somewhere. He would have followed her regardless, though. She was all he knew.

But suddenly she was gone, charging into the fray with a snarl on her lips. As the rest of his comrades charged after her, Kiche found himself hanging back, glued to the ground in terror. But he had to go. He couldn’t let… couldn’t let Elettra see him like this –like a coward. Mustering all the courage that remained to him, Kiche leaped out of the trees and raced after his packmates. In truth, he had no idea what he was supposed to do, but his instincts quickly took over for him. He growled beside Jayse, sinking down to his haunches before the injured bull. Without warning, he sprung from the ground, throwing himself at the bull, his jaws snapping. The hulking caribou bellowed once more as it leaped away from him, darting away to the left. Without a second thought, the saint took off after him, saliva flying from his snapping jaws as he blindly raced after the bull. Luckily, he was running it in the right direction.

The chase was on. </blockquote>
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
    the suns going to shine, and sometimes the clouds will rain.

Her stomach felt full of rocks, rocks that were bouncing around to be specific trying to twist her gut in knots. The howl of her mother had not woken her up, not really. She had tossed and turned all night having wild dreams of caribou trying to hunt her down. If that was not bad enough she was sure she'd kinked her neck while seeking anyone to rest her head on. Now it was stiff, and her stomach was rumbling, and arghh she rather just go back to sleep like the good old days. When the hunt was over she knew everything was right, and she'd have something to eat. Come on Lettie. She thought, tryiing to pump herself up. Everyone else was ready to go, and this was a part of growing up. What could possibly go wrong?

A sigh ripping it's way, or what felt like, from her lungs she stretched her body and worked on listening to what was about to take place. There was no smiles from her today, just a blank face. Everyone in her group assured her things would work out, and this would be one of many hunts she would take part in. Things got better with time. She kept repeating to herself willing it to be true.

A deep heave of air she hung close to her mother, mirrorring her nimble movements, and trying best to be quiet. She stared at the caribou, and was in awe of their size. They were not only big they were a pale brown, and had creamy, fluffy chest. Then there were the antlers she might have admired them too if she did not think they looked so dangerous.

Keep it together. Keep it together. Her heartbeat seemed to murmur. When it came time for the real directions before the hunt she felt she was outside of her body a mere spectator instead of one of the team. With her mother leading on, Elettra, Kiche flying into action she felt the heat along her back rush down her spine. Suddenly her white hackles pricked, and she entered the fray, doing her best to bark, and woof at the caribou like everyone else. It was Jaysyek she followed close after, running to keep up with her silver and white coat. She would not let it escape her view no matter what. And she helped urge the caribou onward through the Drooping Willows and into the Marsh staying clear of those freakin' sharp hooves.

(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2012, 10:07 PM by Arlette.)
[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Elettra would listen, remaining poised in her stalking position as Jays addressed her children, offering a sharp shake of her head when Jaysyek turned her way, allowing her to know that Elettra had no more to add. A small, subtle smile would come over her, however. Rare did she truly smile, but the thought that Jays would look to her when it came to help with teaching her children made Elettra proud, mainly as a woman which had never had her own- at least, had never raised her own. ...But little was made known of Elettra's past, in the first place.
She would turn her attention to her small group, directed to go left with her- Trisden, the once boldest of the children gone stale due to events with Theodore, and Silver, her new running apprentice she had taken under her wing. Elettra's eyes would flash to her leadess but a moment and those whom gathered at her side. Kiche's fear and hesitance was something she could not only feel- but /see/. She snorted, but otherwise paid no mind. He seemed no more then a lap dog then an actual wolf, and in one solid bolt of energy, Elettra knew she would show him how it was done.
She rushed forth, a blur of silver, black and grey hairs. Whilst Jays and Kiche went for the large bull, Elettra would take it up for herself to go after one of the young doe's which were gathered amongst the bull, her jaws snapping (slashing!) at their ankles to get them to make way. She was a beast of burden, hackles raised, her tail high and all filled with snarls, as she danced her chosen target into the direction of other group.
Played by Allie who has 226 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
Muse = dead.

<blockquote>Early morning was usually a peaceful time of day for the male, who, as of late, had spent his days guarding the borders and the souls of those who belonged to Grizzly Hollow. An overdue hunt was to be the task of the day, and to his delight the gathering was mandatory. He was ready to see what everyone was made of.

The dark figure was covered by mud up to his hocks, and not without a notable, bodily splattering here and there, throughout. There was some quality of the swamp that the man enjoyed, and the sulforous odor was a reminder of his encounter with the ashen female a number of months ago. From his position, generally obscured from view (though in sight of his partners, Raigo, Borden, and Valiant), the man stood with a steady patience, counting the pulses of his own heartbeat in order to keep himself focused. Shifting his weight to the left, a flicker to the black and silver plume behind him, he wondered if, perhaps, something had gone awry on his counterpart's end. At this consideration his brows could come together for only a moment before a deep breath was drawn to pacify his needless anxiety. <i>She was fine. They were all fine. Any minute now...</i>

Silver eyes would settle briefly upon the Second before shifting to Borden, and back.

An easy breeze would stir the distal ends of the cattails and swamp grasses, then, carrying the foremost signal he had been waiting for - the scents of several pack wolves and those of a herd of <i>caribou</i>. <i>They were close.</i> Instinctually, his posture and mindset were transformed. The man would shift his weight evenly, taking a single step forward in adoption of a wider stance. A quivering would overcome salivating lips, and a sharp ridge of coal fur would form along the length of his spine. Proceedurally, his pale gaze would drift once more in the directions of his company, satisfying his questioning of their own preparation.

Vibration would mar the surface of the still marsh waters, and nearly as soon as the sight had met his vision did the rumbling meet his innards. Overhead, blackbirds would scatter from their perches, safe in the tops of the small, livening trees, and a low growl echoed in the male's chest - a fitting greeting for whichever beast was to meet it's death today. The moaning of the herd and the barking of the pack in the distance would be the last thing he would hear before sound faded into silence.

Several caribou finally exploded into sight, weaving a darting wherever they may see a fit escape. Intently holding his position for only a moment further, the wolf would become a black flash as Elettra came into view, hot on the heels of one of the does. From his place in the periphery, the brute would track parallel to the chaos, in the direction of the movement. With Kiche and Arlette deep in the chase, seemingly following the leads of Jaysyek and Elettra, his sights would zero-in on the elderly bull, sure to be handchosen by his packmates whose eyes were also glued to him.

The mud was thicker than he'd hoped for, but he did well in stepping lightly as came closer to the target with each calculating bound. The bull had managed to avert Kiche's attempt, but with Jayse right behind him, Elettra working to disconfigure the herd's structure, and a fresh garison ready in wait, he made his first move.

Unleashing his aggression was a natural act, and <i>functional.</i> Abandoning a parallel position, the ebony and silver blur would cut inward, flexing as large paws slid across the slime-covered ground before digging in, a spray of muck only adding to the commotion. The thundering of hooves and the heaving of his own breath would be the only distraction in his mind as he swiftly closed the distance between himself and the bull. Sprinting low in his last seconds of accomodation, a menacing snarl would bellow outward as robust hindquarters would launch him from the swaying grasses and onto the lateral aspect of the beast's back. In a split-second the brute's jaws would latch, deadly canine's sinking deep into the herbivore's thick skin. Hanging on only by the strength of the musculature serving his neck, chest, and back, and gripping with the claws of his forearms, his body would sway along the bull's side in rhythm with the beast's motion.</blockquote>
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>Since the pack meeting the only sleep Borden had been able to get was a 2-3 hour nap near the pack den. When he awoke with a start from hearing someone walking noisily nearby, he stretched and warmed-up with a half-hour round along the eastern side of the territory. By early morning, when the sun was just about to peek over the horizon, he found himself sitting silently beside a rotting cedar waiting for Kade. His eyes constantly scanned the surrounding tree-line, growing more unsettled as the minutes went past. Emerging from the forest, Kade came into view. The Lyall stood up quietly and met the dark man's gaze with a solemn glance of his own. If he was to fully gain the pack's trust back, he would heed his commands and follow his lead.

Birds took flight from the trees but Borden's gaze could not be torn from the area where Kade was waiting for the caribou herd to appear. The ground began to rumble underneath his paws and while the fur rose along his spine and his teeth clamped together in a vicious, determined, and <i>hungry</i> sneer. This was a chance to prove his worth - that he could pull his own weight, that he <i>could</i> function as a normal member of the pack - and he was committed to doing everything right. He took a few steps in Kade's direction, fighting hard to keep the growls in his system from climbing up his throat. As the herd emerged into plain sight, the dark man jumped right in to aid Elettra in her pursuit.

Borden's eyes scanned the shroud of galloping legs until a flicker of white, auburn and silver flashed before his eyes. He leapt into the fray, pushing his limbs to carry him as fast as he could after them. While he concentrated on assisting the duo to bring down Jaysyek's target, he also kept in mind the snowy blur that trailed after the leader. Arlette. The vigorous young cow at his opposite side was moving awfully close to the small group and he defensively turned his neck towards her with a snap of his jaws. She was much too close for his comfort and he was set upon keeping his daughter safe. The cow veered away from him and as Jaysyek, Kiche, and Arlette darted ahead of him, he forced himself to keep running. When and if their target went down, he would be right behind them to help deliver the old bull's demise.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Mar 25, 2012, 08:23 AM by Borden.)
Played by Shadow who has 123 posts.
No Rank
Raigo Akreon

It seemed that the pack meeting had barely ended when it was time to meet with his fellows once more. He had followed his newly chosen, ebony and silver haired leader. His role as the pack's Second was to follow instructions given by his leaders and enforce them, regardless of what they were or who those leaders were. Jaysyek had wanted a pack hunt, so Raigo refused to let her down, and was quick to follow on the heels of Kade as they left the Hollow, headed south into Drooping Willows. The others, the party led by Jayse and Elettra, was far ahead, but they would meet up soon, during the midst of the hunt. All the while, he kept scenting for them, golden eyes trained straight ahead, straining to catch sight of any movement at all.

Though the Akreon was the smallest of Kade's hunting party, he had no doubt that he would be able to contribute. The growing strength of the pack in turn had infused its members, and Raigo was rapidly approaching his prime. Unlike Trisden, Arlette, and Hocus, his youthfulness was guided by experience, and as the short call came from Jayse that it was time, Raigo couldn't deny himself the excited whine. Watching for only a moment as Kade and Borden dashed from their chosen hiding spot, Raigo followed suit, entering the fray.

The mud was slick under his paws, and he had a moment where balance was lost on him. But he regained it, only to find that the action was still very much going on around him. Kade had launched himself directly at the caribou, and was now riding atop of the beast. Snarling viciously, adding to the commotion, Raigo lunged towards the front legs of the wounded caribou. If he could take it out at the knees, then perhaps his pack mates would be able to finish the job.

test italics
Played by becuffin who has 233 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
Muse also = dead. Sorry this is crappy guys.

<blockquote>Little bothered the fluffy male and so he had no problems falling fast asleep as soon as he found a patch of ground sufficiently soft enough for his large frame. Awaking with the sun however, was another issue. It was with a great deal of grumbling and growling that Valiant hauled his frame upward to answer the call to the hunt.

Trailing along slightly behind the other males, he trod carefully on the sodden earth of the Marsh. The rapidly retreating snows had left the ground as precarious as a frozen lake and he had no care to slip and break his leg... but this could work in their favor. He waited impatiently until the sounds of the approaching meal, and the snaps and snarls of the rest of the pack.

He had always found a way to avoid pack hunts back home and so the sudden chaos was almost overbearing for his simple head. He watched as Kade and Raigo made for the bull while Borden kept Arlette from danger. Taking his cue from Raigo he pushed himself to the bulls other flank, struggling to maintain enough speed to be of much use. Sinking his teeth wherever they could reach, he focused on attacking the flank and rear of the beast that with any luck, would soon be their meal. He just hoped that it was enough.</blockquote>
user posted image
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<i><b>April 7th</b> is the next deadline. :)</i>
They each answered the call taking upon them the duty she had asked. It was a beautiful, and scary thing as they all entered a different kind of battle field. Her senses were on high alert much more keen now, then if she was merely sitting. She continued letting out sharp barks both of command, and some of mere excitement in the fast pace of the hunt. Kiche, someone she had been most worried about beyond her own children, melted in taking action to put things more in favor of their success. She bolted, her legs flexing beneath her propelling her to continue the vicious, and merciless game of tag. The bull in lead followed by Kiche, Elettra was a black and silver blur in her perihpreal vision. She could see Trisden's form not far behind. Slowly her run she took notice Arlette had been in her blindspot the whole time, and she offered her daughter a fleeting smile. They were passing through the willows, and any time Kade's team should soon be taking part.

A jerk of her head she signaled her to follow, and continued her close pursuit. One of the cows thought she was going to escape, and Jayse let that one make it's route through the willows to safety. There was other cows, and the lame bull she was counting on to chase after one single cow. It was then she heard the calls of the men of the Hollow signaling their addition to the war of predator verse prey. She could see Kade break out amongst the foliage and launch himself on the weakest of the group. She had momentarily relief he did not fall. It was about then Borden's tawny, and black speckled hide caught her eye coming to help them perhaps catch another caribou they were miserably chasing. He took the time to scare a frightened young cow who could have easily tromped either of their children. Her nose would raise grateful. The bull soon became conquered by the team of attackers, and the single cow that remained Jayse continued following. They needed both. Would a risk be worth it?

Elettra, and Kiche had not joined in on the bull's demise, and the cow's stamina was lessening where her own was still strong. It was without a real preparation for her actions she took note of the wrong way the cow's hind end did not fully extend, and measured if she would meet her mark. Then she launched herself at the side of of the cow's thick leg muscles. Sharp teeth met flesh, and she held on giving a good yank. Hot, sticky blood flowed into her mouth, and the cow bellowed in pain. Quick as the wolf was to grab the cow she released only to jump again. For a second time her teeth met flesh, it was when Jayse was about to release the jolt of pain struck against the side of her shoulder. It was not a full strike, but the hoof had grazed it enough suddenly she was not running any more, but dropping to the ground. Somewhere aware a yelp had shot from her lips she hit the ground with force, but time seemed to be still in those pounding seconds. Her bone burned with coursing pain, and she rolled trying to avoid any more striking hooves. All she needed was to be trampled now. Luckily the caribou had continued running, and for now Jayse was safe.
(This post was last modified: Apr 28, 2012, 02:28 PM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
It had been clear that not only did Jaysyek wish for the larger bull, but the young doe around him. However, most of the pack went for the main prize and, Elettra's attention remained firm on her own target- one of the young, singled out doe. Elettra would continue after, her attention diverting just the slightest as her body would freeze but a moment, watching as Borden did well in moving one of the herd away from Arlette.
Taking note of Arlette's safety, Elettra moved back to her kill, her body propelling forth with a strong bounding leap and now, noticing, Jaysyek with her on the hunt, snapping for the woman's flank and, failing by a strike by the doe. A furious growl overcame Elettra, but as she approached, she would not stop to Jays aid. Elettra would avenge her leadess by the doe's bloodshed, for the whole of their pack.
Her jaws reached out for the back left ankle of the cow, holding on hard and her body falling, to use herself as an anchor. The doe jerked, straining Elettra's jaws and giving her whip lash, causing her to loose grip. She whines to herself, but though she is injured, she has found success! The cow's ankle twists and falters, snapping as the doe stumbles forward and falls, an echoing bleak escaping her lips. The prey kicks and flails, struggling to lift herself up from the ground with now only three usable limbs. Now, all that was needed was the final blow.