(See All?) Announcements
793 Users Online
Google, Bing, Mouseling

none of you are going to heaven — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 141 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater VIII. Subordinate
Vanadís

Anxiety wove it's way through her veins, settling in such a way that her stomach felt heavy and uncomfortable, though she was careful not to show it. Dawning a calm, collected mask, the girl simply listened, her tail flicking lightly every now and again in an attempt to seem less stiff. If the others chose not to accept her, that was fine, but she wouldn't have her kids raised somewhere that they weren't wanted, because as much as they were Valles, they were Archers too. They deserved to be treated as such.

Vana felt her stomach roll as Viorel shifted. This was harder for him, she thought. He was the one who had to address the pack, speak his piece, and open the floodgates to questions that he might not have the answers to. All she had to do was listen.

The older woman was the first to speak, simply confirming that the cubs would all be treated as Valles. Well, at least that was a relief... hopefully the others would follow suit.

(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2021, 06:37 AM by Vanadis.)
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
One by one the others arrived minus two, which had Clover glancing around curiously, wondering where they were. Surely a pack meeting was more important than any other general pack duty? However her attention was swiftly grabbed when Viorel started speaking, and she silently looked at him as he began his speech. Her gaze dropped momentarily to the ground as he mentioned being romantically involved with Vanadis, but she quickly lifted her head, internally squaring her shoulders. She would not allow herself to feel as if she had done something wrong, for she felt that she had done her duty, even if it had not gone as planned.

Her eyes shifted momentarily to Modesto, glad that at least her children would not be treated any differently given the unusual nature of their birth into the pack. It was a comforting thought, and she would make sure to have a one on one conversation with the older woman at some point to hopefully to strengthen the bond between them now that they were packmates. She herself kept quiet, feeling that Viorel had said everything that needed to be spoken aloud, and unless anyone specifically asked her a question she felt it best to stay quiet for now.
Played by Ghost who has 626 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
This thread will be archived on April 15th, so get your post in before then!

Everything that needed to be said had been said, and it was frankly rather anticlimactic. Viorel had expected some kind of meltdown or chaos, and instead had been met with a nerve shaking lengthy silence. He had not expected Vayko or the women to say anything, they had already had an in depth conversation regarding everything. Sharlee also remained silent, but again had already spoken her peace to the leader in a private conversation.

It was honestly almost a little disappointing? His grandmother said nothing, but anything she did add really only had a 50/50 chance of being relevant to their current situation, and his siblings had still not arrived. Disappointing. Finally though his aunt spoke, and what a good poker face she had, Viorel had no idea that she was truly thinking that his mom is a hoe.

Smiling brightly at her, the salt and pepper man nodded with newfound resolve. ”Do not think that I am taking any of this lightly, I’m not. I’m well aware that this is going to bring logistical challenges to the pack, and I swear in front of all of you today that I am going to put everything I have into making our home, and our family, a success.” With not much else to say he supposed, his tail flicked behind him, ”Well, I will be around here for a while if anyone wants to speak privately, but other than that, this meeting is dismissed.” What a weird event, it had been nothing like he had thought it would be.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Played by arla who has 41 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Andrey Valle
quick phone post.

He was late. Of course he was late. Andrey still had his doubts about calling this this place home as it would never compare to the Estuary. But it wasn’t supposed to be comparable to their former home; their birthplace. It was supposed to be a fresh start, or whatever. (The thought alone made his eyes roll as he trudged through the snow.) Andrey he agreed to stay—for now—for his brother’s sake, but he still found this place unappealing. Especially since they had been forced to live here by strange two-legged creatures. Had everyone forgotten about that? That they had been dumped here?! It still did not sit right with the inky Valle.

He had heard a faint wisp of the call from beyond the pack territory as he had been hunting—trying to be a good, obedient subordinate—and had definitely not hurried back in time to catch the beginning of the meeting. Or the middle. Instead, he had arrived just as his brother was finishing up. His shoulders dropped as his ears swept back against his skull and he padded toward his brother, remaining on the outside of the circle. Sorry, brother, he whispered sheepishly, averting his gaze, was hunting. Catch me up after everyone leaves? He would have to return to collect his bounty once his chat with his brother concluded, but if he had not shown up the conversation could have gone a lot worse.
(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2021, 09:33 PM by Andrey.)
Played by Pinn who has 141 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater VIII. Subordinate
Vanadís

For all intents and purposes, everything seemed fine. They weren't going to throw her out, or declare one litter more important than the other, at least not yet. For now, Vanadis could breath easy, continue on her daily routines, and not feel so weird about the whole situation, just wondering if everyone else knew or not, though she couldn't help but wonder if this would somehow change things, or if the others would look at her differently now than they had.

Regardless of how well things seemed to go, Vanadis couldn't wait to get out of there, so she was quick to stand when Viorel called an end to the meeting. Offering him a determined nod, and a smile, the woman turned to leave.

Played by Tasha who has 305 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
what i really need now is a double shot of crown

Vayko loathed this weakness, but it appeared he had come to actually care for both floozies… not in the way his cousin did, but in the sense that they both took responsibility for their actions and they both had proven themselves loyal. They worked hard, and he could respect that about them. Still, he listened to his cousin as he address that he wasn’t taking it lightly, his eyes tracking him for a moment before there was a dismissal. He waited around for a little, watching as his other cousin made an appearance before dipping his head and leaving. Vi was more than capable of filling his brother in on his recent transactions.

There was a lot to do, and he in particular wanted to remark the borders and ensure there was no trouble afoot. After, he would no doubt seek out his Aunt @Modesto because he certainly had his own worries to discuss, though the nature of those worries were for her ears alone.

(Vayko's Exit)

Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle

Sharlee was there showing her support for Vi as his advisor. Though she still had some apprehensions about what the future would hold for them with two litters on the way. It was exciting that there would be another generation of Valles. She was also glad that she and Vi had patched things up. Still she had to be realistic of the situation. 

She did worry for the pack because there wasn't anyway to know how many pups would be born. What if there were too many amd they couldn't support them. Her gaze drifted between the two women, what would happen to them if they lost some of the pups. She wasn't exactly sure Viorel had presented the announcement in the proper way but it didn't seem any of the others were angry.

Her head turned to listen as Aunt Modesto spoke which left nothing for Sharlee to say. "I am in agreement with Aunt Modesto," she said letting her opinion be known. That was how she had felt. It hadn't ever been her place to judge, at least not at that time.

Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
Viorel spoke once more, and with that, it seemed the meeting was over. She glanced around furtively, a little glad that no one had spoken out in an outrage or outwardly shown anything negative, but it did make it hard to gauge how everyone really felt about the situation. Taking note of Vanadis' quick disappearance, and Vayko's soon after that, Clover offered up a half-smile to Viorel before taking her own leave, determined to put some distance between herself and the others if only for a short while so she could take some time to breathe and reorganize herself. Things would become even more stressful in the weeks and months to come, so she felt the need to start preparing now and hopefully get a head start.

Clover exit