(See All?) Announcements
583 Users Online
Bing, Google, Finley

lost in your current like a priceless wine — Rogue Outcrop 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

"I'm sorry for you too," he responded softly. Nobody ever wanted to lose a loved one, especially someone as close to you as your parents. Unfortunately, it was the way of nature found balance. Though sometimes it tried to find it too early, taking away parents before the children were ready to face life without them. For Aleister, he wished he could of spent even just one more day with his mother and father, but he was about three years old when his parents were taken from him. While only a year of his life was actually spent with them as he allowed wanderlust to take control of him. The dark agouti male completely regretted not spending more time at home, however, now he hoped could make up for his cowardice adolescence.

A moment of silence fell between them, which didn't seem to feel foreign or tense like it can become with talking with others. It was comfortable. Though, her question filled the silence then, breaking the emptiness in the air around them. Aleister mulled over his answer, not exactly sure what truly made him agree to return to the land that held so much pain and regret for the Vuesain. "My sister wanted to return to see who was still at home, but to be honest I was happy to stop running for a while. I've been running almost my entire life and honestly I'm tired. I just want to be home for a while." He answered honestly, the words seemingly just falling out of his mouth in admission. Mismatched gaze looking over to her, as he too silently asked for her story if she decided to tell it.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 364 posts.
Paradise Falls V. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila

While Flair had technically been home for her whole life, her feelings about those years mirrored Aleister’s a lot; If she’d just done better, refrained from all her mischief, she could have gotten more out of her time with her father. But there was no use in regretting the past and wondering ‘what if’, it only made her feel more rotten. She nodded at his returned condolences, smiling weakly. It did little ease the sorrow, but she was still grateful, for the understanding.

It made the silence feel more easy, like they were still sharing a moment but without the need for words. She almost felt bad about asking her question, breaking that spell between them. But then, she needed to sate her curiosity. The sepia lad seemed at peace in a sense, like he had found something in his old home to ease the grief, otherwise pushing them to keep moving. So utterly different from her own experience.

Amber eyes fixed on him now as he spoke, searching his face for that secret knowledge, trying to understand how he felt. The words offered at least part of an answer; Ah yes, his sister… Unlike Flair, Aleister hadn’t travelled alone. He’d had his siter to consider, while she had left her siblings behind to continue wandering. They’d had a home together, only it hadn’t felt like one to her. The russet woman shook her head a little. She understood the weariness, the wish to stop running; But I don’t feel at peace anywhere…

“I don’t know why I came back,” she answered his unspoken question, voice light even as her brows furrowed in thought; “I visited home but… It didn’t feel like it anymore, just… hurt.She shook her head again, looking away from the older boy as she tried to get ahold of her feelings. She didn’t know what was pushing her to be so honest with this veritable stranger, but it actually felt good to finally talk about it all; Who would have thought…?

Word count: 336

”Speech" Thoughts
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

He could feel her fiery gaze upon him as he spoke, telling the tale of how he returned back to the land that held so much pain and regret for him. Though, he was honestly happy to be back. To be finally home for once. For years it didn't feel like home to him, but after all the running, this was the place he wanted to be. No more was he going to be running, the Vuesain heir was home to stay. His gaze lifted in that thought, hoping his parents may of heard that thought cross his mind. Maybe his mother and father were smiling down at him.

Answering his silent question, she didn't have a reason for her return and her visit back home went much different than his. "I still feel the hurt here, but it's not as raw as it was before." Like the wound had scarred over and was no longer infected. Though when the thought of the past came through, the hurt throbbed like it was fresh. It was different being back, but he was starting to become happy again.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Played by PuppyThief who has 364 posts.
Paradise Falls V. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Flair’s thoughts went in a somewhat similar vein, as her eyes found the Thicket once more, on the horizon. She had no notions though, of her father watching from some cloud or something, but she did wonder what he would think of her decision to leave her family and come back here. Pride was not the first thing that came to mind. She shook her head, pushing the intrusive worries aside; What does it matter?! He was dead! She thought she’d come to terms with that, but clearly some part of her was still aching for his approval.

Aleister’s soft voice brought her fully back to the present, amber gaze sweeping back to meet his mismatched. A weak smile curled her lips at the words, ears flicking sideways, uncertainly. She was truly happy to hear that his pain had lessened, even when he was here, in the very place it was caused. It gave her hope that maybe hers could as well. A thought occurred to her then, and she voiced it, a little shily, before she had time to overthink: “Perhaps it helps to share it with your friends…”

It was left hanging, partway between a question and a statement, the fiery girl, for a moment, back to staring at her paws. But then she looked back up at the boy, smiling more earnestly now, her tail giving a gentle wag. Somehow, she felt a little lighter already.

Word count: 239

”Speech" Thoughts
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

Her fiery amber gaze swept over to his as a meek smile crossed her lips, urging a smile of his own to settle upon his lips. Flair's next words brought an even more genuine smile onto his face as she seemed to suggest an upgraded status to their relationship. "You know, I really think it does," he answered with a smile as he met her fiery gaze one last time. Aleister was happy to see her more comfortable around him even if it was just a brief moment. It was a start at the very least.

FADE