(See All?) Announcements
540 Users Online
Google, Sophrosnia

don't let them dim the light that shines in your eyes — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
03.26.2021 | Overcast Clouds | 24.8 ° F, -4 ° C | RE: Violent thunderstorms overtake Relic Lore. | for @Kip only

How many times can I say

You don't have to change a thing?
Don't let the tide wash you away
Don't let the worry ever clip your wings
Discard what is fake, keep what is real
Pursue what you love, embrace how you feel

Settling into a new place was exhausting, to say the least. New borders, new den to be settled into, and new caches to store, but it was all going to be worth it. They had a place of their own. A home that still honored their past, but was also a place that was anew for everyone where their pasts were not here to judge them. Sanguine Cove was a perfect compliment to his parent's history with Fallen Tree Cove. Aleister hoped they were proud of him or at least somewhat happy with him.

The weather was starting to warm up within the Lore, so as he finished his border run for the morning, he decided to retreat for the day to his humble ledge up within the mountain. Having worked endlessly throughout the past week getting everything settled for the new pack, he needed some time away just for a moment or two.

As he settled upon the cool stone, his front legs extended out in front of him while his belly cooled itself upon the rock, his mismatched gaze lingering on the scenery below. Chan was off on his scouting trip and Flair had yet to return, though she did say she was going to be gone for a few weeks. He couldn't help but worry a little bit about the fiery woman, though he knew she could survive on her own. His mind wandered as he laid there silently as the breeze ruffled through his coat. Mind-wandering towards someone else that kept plaguing his mind, but he wasn't sure where they stood currently.

(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2021, 02:37 PM by Aleister.)
[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Van who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Mavis had always hated this season. The warmth that flooded her system and made women act strangely; different than they had before. Her heats were unpredictable - often short, and sometimes they didn’t even come in at all. But this time, in spite of the fact that she had willed the spring fever away, it had settled in her system. It felt like her body was too hot, too itchy, and though she knew what she had to do to settle that feeling, she didn’t want to give in. She wasn’t a teenager anymore - she could control herself. And besides, she wasn’t sure where she and Aleister even stood with each other now.

Speaking of, she spotted the agouti man settled on a small overlook, his gaze sweeping their new territory. A small smile quirked on her maw and she shook out her fur, pushing the thoughts of her heat to the side so that she could approach him with a somewhat clear head.

”I think we’ve been settling in pretty well,” she reasoned, looking over the territory below. ”Its been a long time since I’ve been part of a pack, but... I’ve got a good feeling about it this time. Feels more... secure.” Or maybe Kip was more secure as an individual. Whatever the reason, she was glad to be here. ”How’re you feeling, oh great leader?” she teased, nudging his shoulder with her nose.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

As if she knew he was thinking of her, Mavis appeared out of thin air almost though he smelled her coming from a mile away. Not that he didn't mind her smell, instead he would love to just wrap himself in it, though the instincts that ravaged his body would take over if he didn't control himself. Now he had time to get himself put together while she closed the distance between them.

A smile crossed his ebony lips as Mavis acknowledged how they were settling in well. Nodding in agreeance, his mismatched gaze glanced over to meet her seafoam eyes as she continued. It was certainly different being apart of a pack again as the last one didn't go so well for him. Though this time, he too felt more secure as this was something of his own conviction and doing. Aleister wasn't abiding to someone else. Which made it so much easier to give up that freedom he felt as a rogue wolf. "I agree," he replied with a soft smile.

She then asked how he was feeling though her teasing tone shining bright within the question. "I'm feeling a little old to be honest," Aleister replied with a sly smile as he stretched out his legs dramatically. Though the statement did hide some truth to it.

Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
If he was affected by her smell, he certainly didn’t show it, and Mavis wasn’t about to leave just in case she was making him uncomfortable. She stood by his side on the overlook, only cutting her gaze back to him in brief intervals. It had been so many years since she’d been part of a pack, and she still felt unsteady, even if it didn’t show in her expression. Those old insecurities were going to make this a difficult transition, but she was definitely willing to give it a go.

”Hey,” she chided, giving him another playful nudge to the shoulder. A bit rougher this time, more insistent. ”If you’re old, then that makes me old, and I’m just not willing to accept that yet.” Perhaps she was a bit younger than him, but she definitely was a bit past her youth, and she didn’t even feel like she got to experience it fully when she had it. So excuse her if she didn’t always want to be the mature adult that she was supposed to be.

Something fluttered a bit in her chest. Like excitement, she thought, but wasn’t completely sure on.

”Though... I’ll bet your frail old joints couldn’t beat me in a race,” she told him, a challenge, her tail giving a few swishes behind her.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

Leaning into her rougher nudge this time, his sly smile turned into a toothy grin as she admitted she wasn't ready to accept her maturity just yet. "Now, we can't have that then." It seemed Aleister was more of a late bloomer, having spent the majority of his adolescence and young adulthood running from responsibility. Though now, he was directly in the center of it creating a pack and leading it. There was no more running from it, but he could take a few moments to avoid it...

Mavis wasn't finished with her onslaught of teasing today as she was quick to challenge him to a race. A deep rumble rippled through chest as his mismatched gaze looked over to her. A chuckle fell from his lips, "I have to warn you, nobody can move like I can through these mountains," he replied with a smirk. "Even with these frail, old joints of mine." Just as he replied, a crack of thunder rumbled through the range as a thunderstorm approached.

Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
"Oh, I don't think you understand. I was a mountain wolf, once upon a time," she explained cheekily, a grin on her maw and her eyes glinting in the milky sunlight as she turned to get ready to run. "Whoever gets to the bottom of the slope last has to do whatever the other says." A bit daring, but hey. It was in the spirit of the season.

However, she did understand that there was likely no way she could beat him in a fair race. Kip readied herself, and just as they were about to take off, she stuck a foot out with the intention of tripping him up. Whether it worked or not, she'd bolt down the incline, nimble and used to mountain terrain.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

”Once upon a time... The mountain runs through my veins.” He mocked with his smirking grin as his mismatched gaze watched as her body seemed to come alive with excitement and mischief. Mavis issued a challenge, one that perked his interest and made his eyebrows raise. Very daring, but something he certainly could look forward to when he beat her. ”Deal,” he agreed as another roll of thunder rumbled through the range.

Both of them readied themselves. ”Ready...” He started, his gaze glancing to her for only a split moment, a wild grin already plastered upon his face. ”Set...” His body tensed with anticipation. ”GO! He yelled as his body started to launch itself forward, but Aleister was not expecting the trickery his alabaster friend would do to him. Tripping unwillingly over her outstretched leg, he lost the momentum he almost gained on her as she sped past him. A playful growl omitted from his jaws as he raced to catch up to her, his breath hot upon her heels as they raced through the mountain terrain. If he got the chance, Aleister would try to bump her hindquarters in effort to slow her down.  

Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Kip found that she rather liked that wild look on his face. A grin broke out on her own, tail swishing behind her. When was the last time she'd been able to just have fun like this? She was surprised when her dirty trick worked, and let out a laugh as she sprinted down the hill. And Mavis was fast, but she didn't have his long legs, nor his familiarity with the terrain. Her mountains had been treacherous, but there was an air of grace that one held just by existing in one place for long enough.

She squeaked in surprise when he nudged her, stumbling slightly - just enough for her to be overtaken. But it didn't really matter anyway, because the idea of him winning was just as exciting as the idea of herself being the victor. She regained her footing rather quickly, but she had the feeling it'd be too late for her to catch up.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

As her banner waved behind her, her intoxicating perfume riled him up even more as he sprinted after her. It had been ages since he was able to let go and just enjoy himself. Aleister hadn’t participated in a foot race since his adolescence when he used to dominate over his younger brother Cernan.

Her surprise to his nudge made a laugh escape from his lips as he overtook the lead. Though as he looked back towards her, his foot bound a rather large boulder jetting up within his path making him stumble just slightly. But as he was sure she would once again overtake him, suddenly the thunderstorm that was rumbling around them decided to dump the rain it was withholding. Soaking everything within seconds as it down-poured around them. Laughter escaped his mouth as he slowed down, not wanting to risk the race any longer with the rain. She could win this time.

Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Mavis was surprised when she ended up at the foot of the hill before him, but it was raining really hard by that point, and she hated the feeling of her fur plastered to her body. She gave the man a nudge, directing him into a nearby overhang so that they could at least get out of the pouring rain for a bit. She was still laughing, fur dripping wet and a grin on her maw as she reached the makeshift shelter.

"I win," she announced, eyes bright and excited. The heat in her body had come back with a vengeance, adrenaline and the prickling beneath her skin relaxing her just a bit. "I was gonna say I cheated, but you also knocked into me, so I think we're even." She shook herself out, water droplets splattering on the walls, before she straightened back up to look at him.

And she wanted him. Which was weird, because she didn't want most men, and hadn't ever wanted anyone like this before.

"I'm very attracted to you," she said suddenly, not an ounce of shame in her voice. Maybe that would come later. "Physically and mentally. You're smart, and fun, and I feel like you understand me. And I'm very glad to have met you again." There. She said it. Whether it was reciprocated was up to him.