(See All?) Announcements
372 Users Online
Bing, Google

fault lines tremble underneath my glass house — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 350 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Aquene had been brooding in a silent panic ever since her scent had begun to change. What did she know about rearing cubs? What did she know about giving birth? Well, actually she knew quite a bit about giving birth… she hadn’t missed the fact that she wasn’t the only one in the pack whose scent had changed either and it left a feeling of dread and fear in her stomach. She felt wholly unprepared. She was hardly a loquacious girl. She didn’t like speaking, especially not to strangers despite what some would come to believe. She didn’t even know if there was anyone she could turn to in order to talk about this.

So instead, she buried herself in her work. When she wasn’t buried in her work, she fretted about it. The anxiety liked to build up in her chest and she’d do what she could to calm it. What a mess she had gotten herself into. She knew her mother ought to be ashamed of her, running off and then getting pregnant by the first man she came across during her first heat. God, it was embarrassing, wasn’t it? She didn’t even want to think about what her dad would say if he could see her now. The idea just brought heat to her cheeks. She was tucked away in the den she had been clearing out for herb storage, gnawing on a rabbit as she once again contemplated her poor life choices.

Played by Grae who has 894 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Moon was finally relieved to feel her heat subside and she knew she had plenty of time to recover before the next one. Her trips off the mountain had caused her to not notice the change of scents around the newly formed pack right away. The eldest cove wolf had begun to detect them about two days ago. The same day she had spoken to Aleister, unknowingly speaking to the father of both litters. That didnt matter to the aging Eastfall woman. Pups were always a great joy for her and a pack so she was excited regardless of the innerworkings. With one checked off her list the large ebony woman began her search again for a unfamiliar face. Easily catching the scent of newest ebony woman Moonshadow turned to find the young woman. Mercury orbs fell upon a den that was being dug out and moved so that she was about two to three wolf lengths from the entrance. She gave a woof to alert her new packmate of her presence. The last thing Moon wanted to do was scare the girl.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Lost in her own thoughts, she was not expecting to hear a woof outside the den. She practically jumped out of her fur, quickly sniffing the stale air around her and catching a familiar scent to an unfamiliar wolf. She really ought to get to know her packmates better. It looked like in a month or so she was going to be relying on them quite a bit. She quickly calmed herself down, setting her rabbit off to the side before she rose, stretching out before poking her head out of the den, instantly starting to sniff the woman. “Is everything okay? Are you hurt?” She just naturally assumed that anyone seeking her out was injured.

There was a part of her that accepted that while she was in the pack, she didn’t really feel in it. She felt like some poor soul that Aleister took pity on, not because of anyone’s actions, but just because that was where her mind went. She was a healer, and they didn’t have a healer, and that meant she was useful, and she was carrying one of Al’s children and that was about the extent of her usefulness. It was difficult for her to hide the scent of her fear and worry at this point. It mixed in heavily because she simply was not prepared for the curveball that life and her hormones had thrown at her this year.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

It wasnt long at all until a inky head with caramel colored orbs poked out from the darkness of the den. Moon knew the female was young but hadn't been able to fully assess her when they reclaimed the lake. Her cool gaze swept over the others features realizing just how young she was. This girl was still but a yearling and had clearly just endured her first heat. Silver dusted ears flicked back momentarily as the older woman realized the situation the girl was now in. Her maternal instincts flared but she was taken aback when the girl spoke asking if Moon was okay and if she was hurt. Her dark audits stood back atop her large skull as a warm smile made its way upon her lips. This questioning paired with a fresh den that was much too small for a pack and Moonshadow's memory of Namid's medicine den led her to believe the girl was a healer. "Yes dear I'm alright." She replied with a small laugh. It warmed her heart that this girl was concerned for her. "I wanted to introduce myself since I hadn't the chance durin' the claimin'. I'm Moonshadow." The onyx woman smiled watching her equally dark companion. She could tell the girl was on edge, and rightfully so if her scent was accurate. Moonshadow would do her best to help out in anyway. She had had two litters herself so surely she could offer help if it was wanted.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Aquene Slayer

Aquene was almost taken aback at the assurance that she was okay. But if she was okay, then why was she seeking her out? The confusion was present on her face, especially given how she had laughed after… but then she started to explain and she visibly relaxed, falling back on her shy demeanor as she offered a soft but apprehensive smile. “Oh… I… okay.” Her voice was softer this time around, taking a seat as her tail curled around her paws as best as he could. “It’s nice to meet you, Moonshadow.” She greeted. She vaguely recalled Aleister telling her that Moon was a matriarch of the Eastfall family, that she had sons here within the pack.

“I’m Aquene.” She explained softly, her smile more nervous now because she had always been taught that first impressions were everything and what kind of impression was she making now? “I… um, I’m a healer… Aleister said you guys needed one, and he offered me a home here.” She felt like she had to justify her presence even though the woman had been nothing but warm and welcoming to her thus far. Surely everyone had to be wondering why she was there, right?

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Aquene. What a pretty and unusual name. Though direct Moonshadow was an unusual name as well. Mercury pools watched as confusion washed over the girls features before being replaced by a soft smile as she said it was nice to meet her before taking a seat. Moon mimicked her companions actions by lowering her haunches to the ground as well. Though her tail did not wrap itself around her feet as Aquene's did. Instead it swept the ground behind her. Once seated the younger dark wolf began to speak again explaining that she was a healer and how Aleister had offered her a home since they didnt have a healer. So it was Al who had brought the yearling home. Guess that meant that at least one litter wouldn't make her grandmother. A silent huff of air left her as Moon took in what the girl said. Surely that wasnt the only reason for his invitation and hoped that their lack of a medic and the girl's condition weren't the only reasons behind his offer. Though Moon wouldn't ever lead on to these thoughts. Al was the alpha he could invite whomever he wanted to join but she would hope there was more thought on a wolf's character that would be taken into consideration.

Pushing her thoughts to the side Moon focused on Aquene. "Its nice to meet ya too Aquene. Havin' a healer is important for a pack but so is havin' the pack be family." Moon offered a wider smile in hopes that the girl would know that she viewed her pack as family and that made her family. Just then a scent on the wind crossed their paths. Turning to search the trees in the direction of the scent Moon caught sight of several rabbits appearing and disappearing by a nearby tree. Her fluffy banner picked up in speed as Moonshadow turned back to her companion. "Do ya smell those rabbits? There's a warren nearby." Maybe having a small hunt and meal would allow Aquene to relax and come out of her shell.

Aquene Slayer

The older woman had a very calming nature about her, and admittedly it did help with her nerves quite a bit. She watched as she mimicked the more relaxed position of sitting, her eyes softening lightly when the woman assured her that it was nice to meet her too. Though, Aquene supposed that it was possible that she was just being polite. Manners were important, after all. She smiled softly at the mention of the pack as a family. She liked to think of it as a family too, but the only pack she’d ever known her entire life had been made up of mostly her family, her siblings and her parents… it stung her heart.

Her nose twitched when she caught the scent, and no sooner did she find it was the woman bringing it up. She nodded eagerly, saying nothing but a more relaxed smile suggested she was up for a hunt. She was always so hungry. “It smells so good.” She offered, sinking a little more into her element now that there was an actual task at hand instead of idle chit chat which she had never been good at. She rose to her paws, taking another whiff of the air. “Smells like there’s a couple of them… they’d make a good snack.” She suggested as she started more towards the scent, looking to see if the woman was going to follow her. She supposed she should have asked if she was okay for a hunt, but Aquene also saw no reason why not. Food was food. "If you spook them, I could cut them off near the lake?" She suggested quietly, knowing that the rabbits could potentially hear if they were speaking too loud. "Or we can risk just chasing them and hope they aren't faster than us." Either or worked for her.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

@Aquene, so sorry this took so long!

The girl commented on how good the rabbits smelled answering the older woman's question. Her large banner swept the ground as her gaze moved from her young companion towards the tree line to their next meal. "Yes they would." Moonshadow followed Aquene's lead and also began to move towards the warren as she offered two possible strategies for their hunt. A hummm came from the onyx mother's throat as she pondered the strategies. "Lets go with the first one. I'll flush them out towards ya." She decided giving the girl a smile. "If ya go hunker down over there in those bushes I can go behind the tree they're burrowed under and push them towards ya." She offered lowering her voice as she took a few steps in the rabbit's directions. Surely they could scare them out and catch a few. Moon was sure they'd end up chasing one to two down on top of the quick kill they could get from the flush. Either was Moon was excited. Get the blood pumping and talking over food always made it easier.

Aquene Slayer

She was quite pleased that the older woman agreed with her. They would make a lovely snack, she decided. Moonshadow took her up on her first offer and she grinned, making her way over to her position so she might cut them off without another word. She was far too focused on putting rabbits in her belly to feed the children growing inside. It was almost instinctual, which when she would no doubt dwell on the instinct later would bring her some form of comfort. She could already feel the hints of adrenaline started to course through her veins.

It was strange how such an ordinary and mundane task such as hunting could make her feel at times. She hadn’t been much of a hunter back home, but since being out on her own she had learned, and now she felt she could use these skills to her advantage and actually be of some use to the Cove and the wolves inside of it. They all already knew each other, and had time to develop bonds whereas she hadn’t done much development with any of them. She really knew she ought to change that, and perhaps she could start with the kind woman she was hunting with.