607 Users Online
Google, Bing

And we're all adrift together. — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar walked along the edges of the vast expanse of water in front of him, the furthest east he'd ever been. The smell of fresh spring air hit his nose along with the distinct scent of fish. The wind blowing through his fur gave him a fresh feeling that he hadn't had in months. His paws stung slightly from the hike here, and he put them into the water to cool off while he lapped at it and tasted the delicious mountain flavors that washed into it. His tongue tingling slightly as he drank in everything around him alongside the water. He drank his fill and stood back up straight, watching above as a small group of geese flew north, to parts unknown to him.

He turned and walked some more, the trees above the shoreline waving back and forth with a satisfying ruffling sound of the brand new leaves, the creaking of the wood sounded in his ears alongside the sounds of birds that flitted above his head. He smiled and let out a nice long howl, not caring who heard him, he was just so glad to be back in The Lore. He wanted this place to be his home forever, and he wasn't going to leave again, this howl, was his mark, a declaration that he was here to stay. And with that, he felt his heart race, and he trotted on a little further...
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Self side note: Setting this right after her thread with Aquene

Having just meeting and spending time with one of the newest members of her family, Moonshadow decided to walk along the shore of the lake. The weather was beginning to turn allowing spring to break the winters icy grip. New life was all around them as her mountain home began to become an oasis once more. A howl rang out across the valley. The Eastfall mother's heart leapt hoping it was her eldest @Chan returning but alas the voice was unfamiliar. The voice had declared they were here to stay and it peaked her interest. Who was it and where exactly were they staying? Having recently reestablished the pack Moon knew she couldnt let the call go unanswered, even if it wasnt so much of a call.

Her large frame moved effortlessly from the rocky shore to the tree line higher up as she navigated to the stranger. She crossed the border and continued on seeing no sign of the caller. A wolfish figure began to appear through the trees and the onyx woman slowed her pace. Letting out a woof as to not spook the man, Moonshadow came to a stop a respectable distance. Her posture was neutral with her tail waving at her hocks. They were a comfortable distance from the border she felt no need to assert any sort of dominance. This was neutral territory and even if it wasnt, the Eastfall woman wasnt one to throw her rank around to begin with. "Hello" she called offering the dark tawny man a warm smile.

Word Count: 000
(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2021, 03:36 AM by Aquene.)
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts Speech I guess I'll just reply, and Arya can hop in if she wants.

Ears perked up at the sound of a gentle bark that sounded to Alvar's side. He turned to see a large, black figure with ghostly pale eyes looking at him, tail wagging gently. Alvar gave the air a quick sniff as he listened to the sound of the woman's voice greeting him. Fresh water, birds, dead foliage and several other scents picked their way into his nose, but the only time he scented other wolves was when he turned his attention to the woman, who stood a short distance away, and smiled at him. Alvar walked toward the dark woman for a few steps, before coming to rest about twice his body-length away from her and taking a seat.

She towered over him, of that there was no doubt. And yet he felt completely at ease here for some reason, depite the fact that she could likely tear him apart if he made her angry. "Hello Miss, It's quite nice to meet you. I hope I didn't intrude on pack territory, I'm simply out for a walk, looking for a friend who wandered off a while ago." He declared, his mind running back to Nia and where she might have gone. He had been searching for a while but still no sign of her. He snapped himself out of the funk he was getting dragged into and offered the woman a smile, continuing: "It's been a while since I was last here, in the Lore. My name is Alvar. And you?" He let his tail sweep the ground behind him, a gentle swish that was barely audible over the breeze that blew through the trees around them.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

I'm fine with that!

The stranger turned towards her and sat about two wolf lengths away. His posture and body language was relaxed as he moved. Mercury orbs scanned over the man as he began to speak. He greeted her politely before explaining he hoped he wasnt intruding on borders and how he was simply looking for a friend of his. There was a momentary pause before the tawny man continued. Alvar - as he introduced himself as - stated it had been a while since he had been in the Lore. "Pleasure to meet ya Alvar" she replied returning his smile. "I'm Moonshadow, ya arent intruding at all." She felt comfortable enough with his energy to do so after listening to him speak. Though she was more of a lover than a fighter Moon was always cautious around newcomers. "I'm sorry to hear about your friend, perhaps I can help ya?" She offered. She hadnt been across too many wolves paths but possibly she had met this friend of his or could even help keep an eye out for them. She knew the searching life all too well and would help anyone else if she was able to.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts Speech

The woman had offered her name "Moonshadow". He thought of it as a very unique name, certainly not one that he would have ever considered an option, but beautiful nonetheless. He screwed up his face in consideration as she offered to help him search. He let his eyes wander to the side as he thought about it. The winds and chirps of birds helping to calm his mind as he tried to decide if it was worth troubling the woman for. He felt his tail grow still as he started to wonder if he had come too far, which was entirely possible. "Would she have ever come this far? Am I just chasing a goose at this point?"

He turned back to the tall woman and nodded intently, he looked at her and replied. "Thank you, I suppose that two noses a re better than one. Though I doubt that you will know her scent." He stood up and began to walk casually towards her, continuing: "Her name is Nia Hervok. Do you know a woman by that name?" His fur brushed against a twig or two as he walked, his head held high wit ha little flicker of hope again.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The tawny man pondered her offer for a moment before seeming to reluctantly agree. Though despite accepting her help he voiced his doubt about how helpful she could be. Silver dusted ears flicked back momentarily. Moonshadow loved helping others and hated not being able to help as much as she'd like. The man stood and took a few steps towards her before offering the name of his lost companion. Nia Hervok. The name was unfortunately unfamiliar to the inky woman, but that wouldn't stop her from keeping an ear out. Her ears splayed out as she met his hopeful gaze "I'm sorry, I don't know anyone by that name." Her gaze fell to the ground before lifting again. "Though I'll keep an eye 'n ear out for her" She offered with a kind smile. She wished there was more she could do to help.

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts Speech

Alvar watched the woman's gaze drift downward as she thought on the name he'd given her, and when she told him that she didn't know anyone of that name, he couldn't say that he was honestly surprised. Disappointed maybe, but not surprised. He hadn't seen the white woman in a while, and he was beginning to think he might never again.

Still she offered to keep her eyes out for her, and the tawny man's tail twitched a bit and came to life, wagging gently as he smiled a bit, thankful for her efforts. "Thank you, Moonshadow. I might also ask, do you live alone here?" He hadn't noticed any particularly strong scents of other wolves on her, but that didn't mean that a pack hadn't been established. After all, it would take time for a pack to gain it's own scent, and with the apparent lack of wolves in the Lore, that might be even longer.
(This post was last modified: Apr 26, 2021, 06:35 AM by Alvar.)
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

I am so sorry about the wait! I'm about to graduate so things have been hectic, but that's all about to end so I can be much more active after!

The again Eastfall woman was disappointed she couldnt help more but she knew there was nothing she could outside of what she had offered. She would keep a lookout for his missing friend though. Her tail thumped against the ground as he thanked her. "Of course" she responded with a smile. The conversation turned from the tawny man to the inky woman as Alvar asked if Moon lived near the lake alone. "I dont actually. I live on the other side of the lake with my sons, the son of a dear friend and few others. We just claimed a small cove of our own a couple of weeks ago." She explained with love and pride. She was proud of her family and her chest puffed out ever so slightly as she explained. She took a deep breath not detecting any scents of others upon his pelt. Though she could be wrong. "What about ya? Ya settled anywhere? Or are ya traveling?" Moon inquired. It was good to know what was going on around their home.

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts Speech Sorry for my own delay, sore throats and busy schedules leave you feeling drained as hell.

The words made Alvar ever more curious, and he was going to ask more about her sons and the others she had mentioned, knowing full well the happiness that having a place to call home could really bring. But before he had a chance to ask, she queried him about his own living situation, and his mind puzzled for a second, as he honestly wasn't sure where he stood at the moment. With Nia missing, he didn't really have a home per se, but he wasn't exactly wandering aimlessly either.

He thought for a second, and decided that it could do no harm to explain further, after all, Nia's territory was very far from here, so he doubted it would cause trouble. He collected his thoughts, and turned to the raven colored woman to explain. "Well, to be honest, that wolf I was talking about, Nia... She is my current companion of sorts, she took me in after years of being a loner. We don't have a pack established, but I'd like to think that when I find her, we will be able to settle in. I don't know if you've ever tasted it, but loner life is really terrible." He spoke with enthusiasm, thinking about what he wanted was making him feel a bit better, more grounded in his pursuit of Nia.

"But for the moment, I guess you could say that I am alone. But I'm back in the Lore, so I'm sure that everything will be all right." He chuckled a bit as he finished, his heart beating a little faster now.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Moonshadow listened attentively to the mans words as he answered her question. He spoke about the woman he had previously brought up, explaining how she was his current companion and that she had taken him in when he was a loner. He went on to explain that they dont have an established pack but hoped that if he found her they would be able to settle. He said he didnt know if she had been a loner but explained the experience to a tee. Her ears flicked back and her eyes lowered, "That it is, Ive experienced it all too much" she replied her silver gaze lifting to meet her companion's with an empathetic look. His tone turned optimistic causing her ears to press forwards again. He said despite him being alone he was back in the Lore and it would be alright. This brought a smile to the older woman's face. "Its a wonderful thing to have optimism." she commented with a sway of her tail. It was something she struggled to hold on to many times in her life.