662 Users Online
Google, Bing

All I wanna do — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
All welcome! Afternoon, partly coudy, 27°

After being in Torbine as along Asa she had it was a little strange being back. Avella could remember the explorations she'd had as a pup in her own. The masked woman was happy for the chance to be with her parents again.

However, her curiosity about her old home had gotten the better of her. That was how she found herself back in the lore with her brother. He was off somewhere doing heaven knew what. She would rather not think to hard on that. 

Her white figure crossed the snow in search of a trail ]to follow. It was time to see what sort of prey could be found in the overgrown landscape of the lore. 
(This post was last modified: Apr 17, 2021, 03:27 AM by Avella.)
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 231 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Scully Archer
It had been quite a few days since he'd last seen his sister, more than he'd normally let go by but of course, the year's third cycle did not provide normal circumstances. When he caught Avella's trail, he was happy to recognize that the season's pheromones were now absent. He was sad to see the ease of conquest go, but Scully had missed his sibling and never liked leaving her for long given the trauma of their childhood.

He sent out a bark to let her know he was coming as her scent grew strong upon the winter wind, telling him she was close by.
(This post was last modified: May 07, 2021, 08:11 PM by Scully.)
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
She hadn't really been on the trail of anything but then she hadn't really been searching long. The sound of her brothers bark reached her ears causing her to raise her head. Instinctively she scanned the forest for his darker figure. He couldn't be far so she expected him to appear at any moment. 

It had been a few days since she'd last seen Scully and hadn't started to wonder about him. At least not until earlier that morning. She'd sensed it'd been longer than usual however she also reminded herself of the time of year. 

She answered back with a bark of her own to let him know she'd heard him. Then she sat back in her haunches to wait for him to appear and when he did. "Where have you been my dear brother? I was expecting you a day ago." Then she shook her head, "Leave me to do all the hunting for the both of us," she teased. 
Scully Archer
Scully heard her response and zeroed in, finding her in short order. He greeted her with his typical lopsided grin.

"Sorry," he apologized, "I got a little distracted."

Hopefully that would suffice, sparing his sister the specifics of his recent, mature exploits. He moved in to give her an affectionate nuzzle before checking her over briefly for damages. She appeared well, and so he moved on to tasting the air, seeking traces of something scrumptious as Avella had been before he'd interrupted her.

"I'm here now, I crossed a prey trail back less than a mile too. Y'know, I haven't scented one coyote since gettin' here. How about you?"
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella had sat back on her pale haunches to await her brothers arrival. A smirk and roll of her eyes crossed her features when he spoke. "Why am I not surprised you were distracted when we have important business," she teased. Avella wasn't dumb she knew what he was upto but felt they should just leave it at that. 

Instead she turned her attention to the affectionate nuzzle she recieved from her brother. She returned it with one of her own just behind his jawline. Her mismatched gaze watching as he tasted the air. They needed to find something to eat and he seemed raring to get on the trail as he mentioned on that he'd found. 

"Was it a fresh one?" She asked rising to her feet her tail sweeping through the air as she did so. "I think we should return to it. A solid lead hopefully that I don't think we should pass up."

Scully Archer
"Fresh enough, we should be able to find 'em," Scully answered. He set off, paws itching to get going as always. The Archer was a wolf that far preferred activity to imagination, and now that it was decided that they would hunt the marmots he'd scented, why wait? He prodded Avella as he passed her, urging her to follow.

"You think mom and dad'll wanna come back, if it's all clear?" he asked as they moved, mind buzzing now that they were here in the Lore.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Fresh enough was what she wanted to hear. She wouldn't tell her brother but she was actually much hungrier than she'd originally thought. "We better get to it before it's not fresh anymore than." She didn't want to miss out in this after all. When Scully prodded her shoulder Avella moved to followbher brother keeping pace with him easily. 

The question he asked did catch her a little off guard and she didn't answer right away. Mostly she needed to think about it for a moment before she finally answered. "I don't know maybe but I think they are quite happy in Torbine so they might not want to leave. Do you think they'd want to leave aunt Ravenna?"

That might be the bigger question really. They'd all been together for a long time. Avella also wasn't sure if their parents would want to make the journey.

Scully Archer
It was a good point. Scully mulled it over a moment. When he was a pup, he'd been so sure that they would all live and die in the Ridge just as the generations before them had. Choosing to leave, that had never seemed to be even a contingency plan, nor an option to ever possibly be considered. Yet it had happened, and rather than fighting to the death to protect their home, they'd chosen each other instead.

Scully hadn't been home for it, and he regretted that very much.

"Probably not," he conceded, wondering now what the Ridge would look like, abandoned for so long. He actually felt a little... sad thinking about it.

"Weird how quick things change."
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
There was one thing that Avella had learned about her family. They always stuck together. No matter where they might end up or who went away and came back they were always welcomed home. She had also learned after they'd had to leave the Ridge that home wasn't really a place, it was the ones who cared about you most.

With her parents and Aunt in Torbine her home was with Scully. She believed that her parents home was now in Torbine with Aunt Ravenna and each other. "I think its just going to be you and me here now but maybe we can return to the Ridge and claim it for the Archers once more?" She suggested.

She smiled at her brother, "Sometimes I think things change too quickly."
Scully Archer
That notion surprised Scully. His silver eyes snapped back to his sister's mismatched gaze, checking to make sure she wasn't joking.

"... you really think we could manage that?"

It wasn't her that he was worried about, not at all really. Avella could do whatever she wanted to put her mind to, that was virtually a fact in Scully's head. It was him that he doubted. Yeah, he was a lot of things, but a leader? Even if he was just her vanguard, just muscle and teeth, he'd need to be high ranking and some kind of... stable. Could he manage that, without ruining it for her?