(See All?) Announcements
456 Users Online
Bing, Google

Just around the corner
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Takes place at evening on 10/2, the night before the pack RE. Nash is returning to the borders with @Daesamar in tow. Special callout to @Chan and @Aquene and @Aleister but all of SC is welcome! Please let Daes post first.

Nash had done a lot of walking today. Leaving as early as he had to wander down into the pass and then freezing his feet in a slush pile had left his front pads tender. After playing with Daes for a while - which had been a ton of fun, and he didn't know why anybody stopped playing at all - he was tired. But he needed to get back home, and he'd promised Daes a view of the sunrise from the Cove's shores.

Finally, as evening was setting in and the light was beginning to fade, the smell of the borders tickled Nash's nose. "We're getting close," he said to his companion. The closer they got, the stronger the scent got until he was at the very spot he'd marked on his way out that morning. He stopped and signaled for his new friend to do the same before tilting back his head and calling for the members of his pack, his family, to come greet them.

He couldn't wait for @Moonshadow and @Chan to meet his new friend!
(This post was last modified: Oct 03, 2021, 08:23 PM by Nash. Edit Reason: OOC )

Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar ambled along behind Nash, panting softly and starting to regret asking the younger wolf to play with him. He didn’t regret playing, it was how exhausted he was after that he was starting to reconsider. Though he had done ok with his hunting, he was big, and needed to eat a lot to keep up his strength and it started to show in his slowly declining pace. Head lowered, Daes nodded slowly and hummed, nervousness starting to cause his paws to itch.

It had been well over a year since the last time the young adult had actually been near a pack, and he wasn’t sure if he would be able to impress them, then a guilty pang hit him, here he was, tired, hungry and about to be asking if he could join someone else’s pack, how would that look to them? He shallowed and came to a halt when he saw the signal. In a few moments, the wolf’s stomach started to rumble and he looked down at himself with a grimace.
[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan wasn't far, returning to the territory himself after chasing after a prey trail that took him South of the pack's claim. Hearing his brother's call and scenting a stranger in the wind, he was eager to continue North and meet up with the Eastfall and whoever he'd brought to their home. His pace picked up, and he all but ran the remaining distance, slowing only when that familiar inky coat came into view.

The alpha approached with a wide smile and easy-going demeanor, as he did most things in his life.

"Whose your friend?" he called out with a wag of his tail.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Tasha who has 349 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

It had been two days since the first frost hit the mountain and she had started to panic about her stores. Truthfully, she was in better shape than she had originally thought but what she wouldn’t give for another set of trained paws to help her out. She wanted to be able to send someone else down the mountain so she could continue to treat injuries or illnesses that arose while also keeping an eye on her daughter. She fretted that something might happen to her or one of the other cubs too…

It was then that she heard the call. It wasn’t technically for her… she could tell by the tone that it sounded more like pack business that Aleister or Chan might handle… but she found her paws carrying her anyway. Perhaps that was just because of who was actually calling out. She had grown close with Nash, and he was a close friend, and so her curiosity caught the best of her. Her paws carried her, and when she arrived Chan was already there. Nash was there with a stranger. She offered her friend a smile and a light nudge of a greeting before settling, a silent observer to see what was going on.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash could tell Daes was getting nervous, and the quiet rumble of his stomach met the Cove wolf's ears. "It's a long walk," he murmured. "We can get something to eat soon."

It didn't take Chan long to arrive, and Nash smiled at his brother. "This is Daes," he introduced, then gestured back to their leader. "This is my brother and our leader, Chan," he said.

Then he saw a familiar dark shape coming toward them and couldn't help the smile that split his maw. "Aquene," he said warmly, bounding over to greet her and return her bump. "Y'know how you were talking about needing an extra set of paws? Well, I found some! This is Daes. Daes, this is Aquene, the healer I was telling you about." He grinned proudly, tail wagging. He was so glad his friend had come to meet them at the border, and not only because he had a potential assistant to introduce.

Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar looked around constantly, antsy and nervous about being this close to a pack’s territory, even if he was planning to join that very pack. Ears perking, he looked toward Nash when he realized that his grumbling stomach could be heard and he lowered his head. “It’s been a couple of days,” he admitted, since he had last eaten anything.

Before he had time to consider what he’d say to the alpha, the very wolf came into view and Daesamar shallowed nervously. He dipped his head to Chan, and then he spotted the third pack wolf coming ti join them. Nash made introductions and he let out a squeak when Nash put him on the spot when introducing the pack’s healer. “A pleasure to meet you both,” he said while bowing his head. “I’m Daesamar as Nash pointed out.  A traveling wolf who used to live in another pack near here and one who learned a bit about herbs and trying to learn more.”
(This post was last modified: Oct 07, 2021, 07:51 PM by Daesamar.)
[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Aquene appeared swiftly after Chan did. The leader's tail picked up yet again, waving back and forth as he gave her a smile. He meant to hail her in his usual manner, but it seemed her attention was solely on Nash. She passed him by, bee-lining for his younger brother and greeting him exclusively. It was then that the stranger's presence was explained, as the other Eastfall spoke with their healer about having wanted an assistant.

Chan lowered his tail and angled back toward the pack's territory; it seemed he wasn't actually needed here.

"Welcome to the Cove, Daes," he spoke earnestly to the salt-and-pepper wolf with a toothy grin before dismissing himself without another word.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Tasha who has 349 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Aquene’s head tilted to the side, interest in her eyes as she looked over the newcomer and Nash explained why he had been brought about. That was interesting, very interesting. “I would love to have another set of paws to help out.” She didn’t know about his experience, if he had any at all, but either way, Aquene could work with that. “I can certainly arrange teaching you more.” She offered with a polite grin. She didn’t know Daes, but she trusted Nash’s opinion.

Chan accepted him and she watched before the leader turned. “Welcome to the Cove, Daes. If you come this way I can show you to the herbal cache.” She motioned with her head for both of them to follow her, content to help get the newcomer acquainted.

-Aquene’s Exit-

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash was pleased both his brother and Aquene had responded, and although Daes seemed a little put on the spot by his introduction, everything seemed to be going well. Chan made a quick exit, and the younger Eastfall frowned after him. That wasn't like his brother; he was usually eager to meet new members and make them feel welcome.

It was something he could ask him about later. Maybe Chan was still unhappy about staying the winter? Guilt gnawed momentarily at Nash's gut, but he turned his attention back to the other two with him.

Nash smiled as Aquene agreed to teach Daes and he offered the boy an encouraging nod. "Go on," he said. "I'll bring you both something to eat." he gave Aquene a meaningful look. He'd only been gone a day, but he hoped she hadn't neglected to find a meal while he'd been gone. They'd made a deal, after all.

With a wave of his tail, Nash trotted off to find the nearest cache.

Exit.