(See All?) Announcements
678 Users Online
Google, Bing

give and give again — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan just got home on 4/17 at 10:25 PM! He's howling hello to the pack, so @Aleister @Nash @Moonshadow @Lila @Aquene @Kip.

Chan reached the peak of the shielding precipices that lined the valley home. In one stride his view changed, from slate and sky to the shimmering mirror that was Lost Lake. The next brought the dark beryl canopies into view, bathed in starlight. He thought his family likely to be asleep, and he hated the thought that entered his head, that maybe it was for the best. Chan was tired, hungry and still had not resolved his feelings about everything, despite all the time taken.

All in all, he felt like shit, which meant he wouldn't be the pleasant, helpful presence he always wanted to be. What was the point in pushing himself on them then? Still, as he descended the stone slops and traveled into the forest, not calling out to them as he had each and every time before felt weird, wrong. For all he knew, his mother had started to worry, maybe Nash didn't even believe he'd come back at all. Maybe they wanted to hear from him right away.

So as their little cove came into view between the hardy pine trunks, Chan tipped back his head and let out a deep and soft melody, announcing his return home.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

As she aged the dark Eastfall woman began to sleep more often that she used to. Being within the safety of her family and home again also allowed her the luxury to do so. Though she slept more often Moonshadow was by no means a heavy sleeper. It was as if one part of her brain always remained alert, and this night would be no exception. As her large form slumbered within the new pack den Chan's voice rang out through the valley. At first she thought it was just a dream, but as his voice lingered before dying down the ebony woman knew it wasnt a dream. With large audits pressing forwards ghostly eyes emerged from behind dark lids adjusting to what little light there was. Moonshadow exited the den hastily making her way towards her returned child. It wasnt long before she spotted his agouti form between the trees and she couldnt contain her excitement. Letting out a joyous bark Moon closed the distance between them. She adorned his face with feverous kisses giving away just how much she had missed him. Whines coming from her chest as she inspected him. She had to check him over as any mother would when their child comes home from a journey. She has so happy to have him back home safe and sound.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash still couldn't bring himself to sleep on his own. He had nightmares about waking up to find the land deserted again, of having everyone abandon him. The longer they were here, the closer they got, the more he cared, and the more he worried. But sleeping with a group was difficult, now that he was used to being on his own. Sometimes he had no problems, others he couldn't bear the touch. He was always worried he'd wake them up, anyway.

Tonight was one of those nights, where he slept at the mouth of the den instead of inside it with his mother. It would wake him if she left, but he had some space. It was the best he could do sometimes.

He was slipping in and out of fitful sleep, worrying about Chan and wondering if he was coming back, when he heard his brother call. For a moment he thought he'd dreamed it, but then Moonshadow hurried past and he knew it wasn't a hallucination induced by sleep. He stumbled to his feet and followed his mother, ears pressed forward to catch any sound if Chan called again.

He skidded to a halt as soon as he saw him, their mother fussing over her eldest son. Nash stared at his brother for a moment, then dashed across the remaining distance and body slammed him.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
His song died around him, giving way to the same nightly chorus that played each and every time the stars came out. While the altitude kept them clutched firmly within the cold, Spring had clearly come to the mountain, the forest alive once more with smaller animals. Chan listened to it as he walked, allowing the pleasant buzzing and chirping to drown out his tired thoughts.

His mother's bark broke the solemn mood, rousing him from his daze. She was already on top of him before he could even hardly realize it, and for a split second he just stood stock still, blinking back at her as she showered him with kisses and care. Then his tired mind caught up, and he leaned into her greeting, eyes closed with contentment and tawny tail brushing through the air behind him in a slow wag.

Then something else hit him, kind of hard.

"Wuh-!" Chan staggered, almost falling to the ground but able to catch both his own and Nash's weight in time. Again, shock was his initial reaction, but then a wide grin spread across his muzzle and despite his fatigue, he pushed forward and wrapped his limbs around Nash's shoulders and began nipping at his ear and cheek with enthusiasm, both playfully and affectionately.
(This post was last modified: May 28, 2021, 09:27 PM by Chan.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her whines echoed in her ears as she feverishly covered her oldest with kisses. She was so wrapped up in completely checking him over after not seeing him in so long that she missed her youngest's approach. There was an impact causing the three of them reeling. Moon gasped in sync with Chan as Nash crashed into them. The inky mother took a few steps back from shock as she cleared her vision. Mercury orbs cleared and watched as her boys embraced and reunited. A wide toothy grin adorned her maw as her silver dusted banner beat feverishly behind her. She was over joyed, her sleepiness no longer affecting her.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
sorry for the short post, but at least it's action packed >.<

Nash didn't succeed in knocking his older brother over - no real surprise there - but he did receive a joyous return of the affectionate greeting. Chan's weight bore down on Nash's shoulders as the older Eastfall nipped at him, and Nash twisted around to attempt a few nips of his own. He eventually rolled away from Chan, hoping to off-balance him and gain the upper hand in the impromptu wrestling match. He kicked at him with his back paws, a playful growl rumbling low in his throat.

He hadn't played like this since he was a puppy, and that Chan was home and was glad to see him was enough to make his spirits soar. They could still be brothers; nothing permanent had changed between them.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Had he more energy, he would've helped finish the impromptu match, but as it was the lethargy caught up with his muscles once more. While Nash twisted and pushed, Chan chuckled and relented, releasing the younger wolf and stepping back to take a breath and relax. His haunches found the ground, and he smiled up at his mother and brother both.

"You both look good. Did I miss much?"
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her boys wrestled and roughhoused in reunion. She was happy to see them let go and romp together. She knew of both of their worries about the other. So the reunion warmed her heart like it never had been before. Her silver dusted banner thumped happily behind her as her eldest took a step back and sat down before asking if he had missed anything. Unable to help herself Moonshadow gave him another nibble to the base of his ear before seating herself  next to him. "I'm happy to see ya lookin' well as well." She smiled at him. "Ya haven't missed much. Just been preparing for the litters arrivals." She explained before looking to Nash, seeing if he had anything to add. Maybe he knew of something she didnt. She was getting more forgetful with her age.

Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash would have been happy to continue his tussle with his brother for a while longer, but he was reminded that Chan had travelled a long ways and was probably tired when he yielded and stepped back. Rather than try and push for more, Nash acquiesced and sat back as well after one last affectionate bump of his forehead against his brother's shoulder even as their mother nibbled Chan's ear.

He nodded with his mother's words. "I've been trying to keep the borders secure and the caches filled. I try not to stand still for too long," he said. He didn't feel the need to mention that the reason he was trying not to stand still was because he didn't want to spend too much time thinking. Now that Chan was back, however, he felt much better; more secure.

"How was your trip?" he asked.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan felt very happy and very loved. He appreciated the closeness, and had to consciously stop himself from leaning onto his mother and snoozing off. Their words helped keep him awake. 

"Long," he answered with a sheepish smile. He certainly hadn't intended to take so much time to find the pack, but at least he was coming back with something to show for it, even if it was just... talk and potential. To Chan it mattered. Hopefully @Aleister would feel the same way. 

"Glad to hear it's been boring," he joked, but meant it in a way; uneventful meant no one had died in a freak accident or disappeared from the mountain. As he'd heard others say before, 'no news is good news.' Chan stood again, attempting to lead his family forward back to the den so that he could rest with them.

"They're settled as Dead Empress Backwater, and they've got two sets of pups coming too. I'm hoping we can hunt with them this Summer, help each other out you know?"