(See All?) Announcements
306 Users Online
Bing, Google

your feeling lonely don't mean you're alone — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 850 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall
Backdated to 3/18. Chan's saying goodbye to his fam before leaving for his scouting trip, takes place in the morning at the pack den. AW, @Nash @Moonshadow @Aleister @Lila @Aquene @Kip.

Chan was about to call it quits and get to sleep, returning to his normal schedule in preparation for the travel he would be embarking upon in less than 24 hours. Given that he knew most of the others to be on diurnal rhythms, he figured that by the time he did take off, they'd likely be asleep. That meant now was the window to say his goodbyes, and wish those he loved well.

Just in case.

He climbed the easy slope up to the den site, tracking after his blood relatives' scents first. Chan barked softly, calling out to his mother and brother in particular.
(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2021, 03:12 AM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

It would be a lie to say the mother wasnt sad. They had just claimed their new home and all was well, or she had thought. Earlier in the morning while on a border patrol, Chan had sought her out. Their conversation wasnt what she had been expecting, though she couldn't say she was surprised either. She knew her eldest had the heart of a traveler, and had since he was a tiny pup. Though him leaving, even if temporary, was never an easy thing for her to swallow. She didnt like the thought of him away from home, but he wasnt a pup anymore and had been on his own for a good chunk of his life. She knew he could handle himself just fine. After her talk with him she went to visit her late husband. She wanted to share the good news of their rebirth as well as the news of Chan's departure. After spending time at his grave Moonshadow decided to make her way back to Sanguine.

She slowed her pace has she came upon the new borders, a wide smile formed on her maw as her tail wagged behind her. Happily she crossed the invisible line and weaved her way through the dense woods. Large paws made their way to the heart of the territory, past the pack den and down to the shore. Moonshadow lapped up the cool water taking a good long drink. A quiet bark reached her ears from the direction of the den. Her heart lurched as she knew what was coming. Chan was leaving but she didnt want to say goodbye. She paused a moment at the waters edge, as if that would keep him from leaving. Knowing it wouldn't she reluctantly made her way back to the pack den. Chans agouti frame came into view and Moons ears involuntarily laid back against her head in anticipation for what was about to come. It was only for a moment then they were back atop of her head. She let out a gentle woof to let him know she was there.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 588 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash's talk with Aquene had helped him feel better, but he was still moody and avoided spending time with his other pack members. He hadn't told his mother Chan was leaving; he felt his brother should have to look her in the eyes when he broke her heart. He only came back to the den at night, and even then only so he wasn't alone.

He couldn't bear to be alone.

Chan's soft bark reached his ears and Nash looked up from the stick he'd been gnawing on, just out of sight but close enough to the shore to hear the waves. He knew what that bark meant, what he was calling for. There were several moments where Nash vacillated whether or not to go, but eventually decided to say goodbye, just in case. If Chan never came back, Nash would never forgive himself for letting him go without making sure he knew his little brother loved him.

Even if he was angry. Especially because he was angry.

Nash sullenly dropped his stick and sulked to the place he heard the bark. His mother was there, standing at the water's edge, ears erect. The Eastfall boy kept his distance, watching where his brother's voice had come from.

Chan Eastfall
Chan's ears lifted as an answering bark sounded from behind him, and turned to see his mother approaching. A smile naturally came to be across his features as he met her the remaining distance.

"Hey mom. I was just about to turn in," he told her, certain that she had not forgotten that he had a mission to fulfill for the pack. Chan moved to speak again, but that was when Nash caught his eye. He addressed them both.

"I wanted to say goodbye now so I don't wake ya later."
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Mercury orbs sullenly looked at his mismatched ones. He explained that he was about to go to bed and had wanted to say his goodbye then so that he wouldn't wake them up later when he really left. A slight smile pulled at one side of her lips at his thoughtfulness. She followed his gaze as it moved from her to behind her. She was Nash and could see he was purposely hanging back. She would need to seek him out sooner rather than later. Turning her attention to her eldest, "Alright love, ya will be careful wont ya?" she asked. She knew she asked the last time they spoke but as any mother would be, she was worried.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash knew both members of his family had seen him, and that was good enough for now. He didn't move any closer, just stood sullenly in the background as Chan said goodbye.

Not like I was going to get much sleep anyway, Nash thought darkly.

His ears flicked and looked away from them as his mother asked Chan to promise to be safe. How could he make that promise? He wasn't even keeping his promise to stay; how could he keep a promise to stay safe out in a world where anything could happen? He was finally safe! He didn't need to go anywhere!

Nash swallowed. That was precisely why he'd come to say goodbye, though, wasn't it? Just in case? What if something happened to him? What if he found somewhere better to live?

He looked back up at his brother. "Be safe," he grunted.

Chan Eastfall
Chan was quick to assure his mother with a heartfelt "of course." He moved forward and pulled her into a hug. Nash was far from ignored, but the older Eastfall did not approach him, instead nodding, trying to respect that wall his brother was putting up in hopes that it was temporary.

"I won't leave the Lore," he promised them both, making eye contact with each of them in turn as he continued to speak, "I'm just checking out the nearby forests and if they're gone, they're gone."

'They' of course being the wolves that were suspected to dwell below the mountain. If they'd left the region altogether, then maybe he would find @Vayko again someday somewhere else, but his scouting mission for the Cove would clearly then be over and he would certainly return home before anything else. The same would go for when he scouted out the East; anything past the Red Hills would not benefit the mountain-bound pack.

"I love you both. Take care of each other."
(This post was last modified: Jun 09, 2021, 04:39 AM by Chan.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The mother was not blind to her youngest son's discontent to his older brother's departure. He all but hissed at Chan to be safe. She glanced at her lookalike through the corner of her eye. Chan's assurance brought her back to why they had gathered. Chan promised he wouldn't leave the lore and was just exploring the forests below. By they the mother assumed he meant other wolves. Though she had been in these land basically her whole life she had hardly left the mountain. She was content to either stay up on her rock or outside the lore completely. She smiled at her miracle child. "I love ya too hun. Dont worry 'bout us." she replied before moving to him and giving him a kiss to his chin and hug around his neck. She knew in her heart he would return and knew he could and would take care of himself.

Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Chan's promise that he wouldn't leave the Lore helped Nash feel a little bit better, but he wasn't ready to stop being mad yet. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew he was being petulant, selfish, and childish, but he didn't care right now. Right now he felt that he was justified in being immature. He hadn't had that luxury last time.

He wondered if by 'they' he meant the family Sharlee had been talking about upon their meeting.

Nash didn't feel much like speaking, but mad as he was, he couldn't let Chan go thinking he hated him. "Chan," he said, then paused. "Love you. Don't go picking fights."

He couldn't bear long goodbyes, so with that Nash turned and sauntered back into the trees to sulk in peace.

FADE

Chan Eastfall
Chan returned his mother's embrace, holding her a moment longer than he normally would have. He hoped dearly that he would not return to find her passed, as he had Tagg. It was a dismal thought and he certainly tried not to dwell on it. He pulled away and heard Nash speak, meeting his words with a small smile. The older Eastfall might have chuckled were the mood different, unable to recall a single moment where he'd started an argument or physical altercation. Finishing other's conflicts, that he'd certainly done, and would do again each and every time he thought it was needed.

He'd made it this long like that, right?

Chan nodded, but Nash was leaving before he could really say anything. He gave his mother a final lick on the cheek, trying to take it all in stride.

"Good day, Mom."

It was time for him to head in and sleep; he would need his rest for the trip ahead of him.