(See All?) Announcements
559 Users Online
Bing, Google

memories remain — Hot Springs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's smile broadened, a few canines poking out. It was good to know that his niece had befriended a gentleman. He might've remarked that his food was kept separate and private, a humble reserve kept of particularly tasty treats and just in case rations that were cycled through rather than depleting the caches others built toward. What he put in those, the small pockets spread and hidden every so often throughout the Cove, were intended for others, regardless of whether or not they'd 'earned' the meal. They didn't all have the same opportunities, after all; Chan had far more time to catch surplus food than, say, Kip who was caring for three whelps, a very important and consuming job on it's own. He understood Jethro's point, however, and the drive to pull your own weight that birthed it.

"Well there's plenty to be done," he answered, both in the sense of genuine need and useful ways to keep oneself busy. There was the usual work that kept a pack running which Chan doubted he needed to describe; filling caches and reinforcing their trails, watching over the water supply and keeping rival predators like eagles at bay. Of course, Jethro's previous pack experiences could be completely different, or even nonexistent. It could be even simpler than any of that, however, if the guy really wanted to pitch in.

"The moms will always appreciate being brought gifts, if it ain't edible or medicinal it could even just be something to keep the kids busy."

Hell, a funnily shaped stick could easily become a child's favorite toy, something small and meaningless to grown ups but cherished and forever remembered by the recipient. Chan would appreciate seeing Jethro bring anything for the others, but he also wouldn't expect this from the younger wolf. He honestly tried not to expect much of anything from anyone, because who could see the future?

"I'll always take company scouting, too. There's a neighboring pack down in the Western forest, we'll be taking some supplies to them soon. Help where you want, and if you have questions, I'm more than happy to listen."

For the time being, anyways.
(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2021, 06:35 PM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Molo who has 472 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
There was, of course, plenty to be done, the other remarked with a smile. Which was exactly as Jethro had thought, but not particularly specific. This was not his home, and he did not wish to overstep any boundaries and get involved in something he shouldn’t. The two ways he’d thought to help so far had just been to feed himself and patrol outside the pack’s boundaries, although neither of those two things, he supposed, were particularly helpful.

Chan was a little more specific after a moment, though, stating that the moms would appreciate being brought gifts. His brow shot up at that. Moms, as in plural. Which meant there was also an unknown amount of little children running around here. He supposed he shouldn’t have been surprised, but that was not something Jethro wanted to deal with if he could help it. For one, he had no idea what the hell he was doing - either with regards to medicine or entertaining children. And second, he did not want to be a shitty influence.

”Got you. I’ll see if I can help with food, and keep an eye out for them, or.. somethin’. I’m not much good with medicine or uh, kids, though.” He spoke a bit more reservedly, supposing those first two things would allow him to.. mostly keep his distance. Jet also made a note to keep a better watch for any dangerous predators. Despite his disinclination to interact with children, he did not want to see anything bad happen to one of them.

The last option, though, was by far the most appealing. ”I would go with ya, if you want. Would like a chance to do more exploring.” That idea was something he was notably more enthused about. Traveling in numbers was better, and he’d get a chance to do more sightseeing for himself while simultaneously participating in a good cause, which was a good compromise.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Jethro's discomfort regarding the first suggestion was clear enough to be read by Chan, and of course noted. The second would be happy to teach, but that was only useful if the younger wolf wanted to learn. Maybe he was perfectly happy avoiding these things, who was Chan to intervene?

"That's okay," he simply responded, smile ever present as if to say no harm done. Food was plenty, he felt confident that @Aquene and @Kip would each appreciate that greatly. He could be wrong, but he was sure enough.

"Definitely! Means we can take them even more," though he had certainly been planning on trying to carry two-pelts' worth of medicine to the Backwater pack, he'd yet to come even close; his poor jaws could only take so much.

"We've got a bit more to gather, I'm hoping it can be done this week. Maybe we could go the next? The trip itself shouldn't take more than six days."

Of course, unbeknownst to him now, Chan would discover Zeal in a matter of days, pushing his timeline into the next month.

We can fade with them talking about the scouting or keep going, up to you!
Played by Molo who has 472 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
These wolves really were the decent sort - or at least, this guy was. He didn’t seem to harbor any lofty expectations. He could relax a little at that. The dark one supposed that any help he could offer before he left was welcome, to them. Idly, though, Jethro wondered what the leader of their little group would’ve thought or asked for, had he been here.

At least, though securing a spot on the scouting party, or whatever it was, had been easy. Chan also seemed grateful at the prospect of having help for this trip, thereby making the situation a win for both of them.

Flashing a wry smile at that, Jethro nodded. ”Whenever’s fine. Get me when you’re ready. If ya want help gathering stuff to take, I’d do that, too. Could stand to learn a little more about herbs and medicine.” Anything more useful knowledge he could get before he left, would be most welcome. Even if he was taught to identify just one or two useful items, Jethro would call that a win. Loners needed all of the advantages they could possibly have.

--i think we’re good to fade and archive this here unless you’ve anything pertinent to add. Thanks for the thread ^^
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Ah, he was interested in learning. Chan grinned at that, happy to share such useful knowledge. He certainly wouldn't possess any of it if he hadn't been taught himself, and it had saved a life more than once. Maybe one day Jethro could do the same, all because he took the time to ask and listen.

"Absolutely. I'll keep you posted," he promised. Now was as good a time as any to brief him on some more details, before Chan would need to depart and head back to the pack's territory in order to finish his self-assigned tasks before morning came. Like he'd said, there was always something to be done...

archived, you too!!
(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2021, 02:29 AM by Chan.)