(See All?) Announcements
629 Users Online
Google, Bing

i know this world feels like an empty stage [s] — Aurora Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Molo who has 473 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
It never hurt to put in a little effort. No, he supposed, it didn’t - even if he wasn’t particularly fond of grooming. Perhaps it took a little bit of time, and discomfort - such as being cold, but those things were small sacrifices to be made for a larger goal. This was one of the few times he was genuinely concerned about leaving a good impression, so perhaps it wasn’t such a bad idea, after all.

If he’d been amused by Nori’s comments before, he certainly was now. The rumbles of laughter, which had begun to die down at that, came back with more force as his companion pouted about being bullied. ”Aww, poor dear,” he taunted amusedly at that. Almost as if sensing that words alone would not do the trick, Nori pushed against him, an action that was just forceful enough to disrupt the laughter. His amused bellowing morphed into a bit of a genuine coughing fit, and in keeping with the theatrics, Jethro flopped back onto one side, bringing up a front paw to bat lazily at Nori in the process. Once he managed to get it under control, he propped himself up on one elbow, head tipped slightly to the side. ”Try that, and maybe I will drown ya in the creek,” he warned, although it was impossible to keep the amusement out of it, completely belying the threat.

It was easy to settle in beside the girl again though, something the dark one had to begrudgingly admit was rather nice. Where the hell had she been on his loneliest and coldest days, all this time? He shook his head at that thought, willing himself to focus on the present and future, rather than the past.

Nori laughed a little at her grandparents, stating they’d probably be happier if they just relaxed a little. The dark one let out a soft breath at that. ”Probably would be. Just look at me,” that was, really, all the evidence he needed. It was stunning how good all of this felt. Jethro was hard-pressed to even be angry whilst speaking of his family.

He’d half expected Nori to judge him upon revealing what he had, but quite the opposite. She scowled a little as he’d explained, but went on to suggest that he could come up with his own name, if he wanted to. She also agreed that using theirs wouldn’t have been worth it. ”Damn right it’s not worth it,” he muttered, although he wasn’t so sure it was because he was better.

Jethro hadn’t really entertained the idea before, and while it was a good one, his companion even offering to assist him in thinking of something, smiling innocently at him, the dark one shook his head after a moment of contemplation. ”Nah, thanks. I’d have no use for it.” Such things had always seemed trivial, for he had no lineage, or anything else noteworthy to pass on - but to each their own. He blinked once, and tipped his head, curiously. ”If you think of something that sounds badass, though, let me know.” Perhaps he could make an exception for that.  
(This post was last modified: Jun 01, 2021, 10:43 PM by Jethro.)