(See All?) Announcements
606 Users Online
Google, Bing

[m] echo, as wide as the equator — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 349 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer
Aquene's birthing thread! Mature for detailed birth. Special shoutouts to Aleister and Moonshadow for some much needed emotional support, but all of SC welcome to join (just stay outside the den if you want to keep your nose)

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

She had known this was going to hurt, and truly she had started to prepare herself for the pain… however, when it started to roll through her, she had stolen away and curled up, doing her best to breathe. She gave herself the same advice that she had given others. She felt like she could hardly think, and she started to panic. He closed his eyes, breathing in through her nose and out through her mouth as her claws scraped anxiously at the ground. She could do this. Her body would not have given her children if she couldn’t do this… or, if it would, then she didn’t want to think about that right now.

“Breathe. Breathe Ene, breathe.” She scolded herself lightly. She had been prepared, keeping the necessary herbs collected in the den that had been carefully selected to be her birthing den. She went for the sweet grass first. She could do this. She had helped deliver pups before… so delivering her own was surely going to be the same idea, even if it was incredibly difficult for her to concentrate, right? She couldn’t do this alone. She knew she couldn’t do this alone. She let out a short call and just hoped there was someone nearby, preferably @Aleister but honestly anyone’s presence would do right now. A part of her yearned for @Moonshadow because the woman had done this before, and more than once and she had been such a comforting presence before.

She just had to remember her training and try and block out the pain. It was pain with a purpose. It was her body’s way of bringing children into the world and she just needed to roll with it.

Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

The seasoned mother had been right, it was only a matter of hours before Aquene's litter would be here. After she had cleaned the two rabbit pelts for the new mothers Moon delivered one to Kip and was on her way to bring her lookalike hers. She was only a short distance away when she heard the girl's call for Aleister. Quickening her pace the Eastfall woman made it to the den. She could hear Aquene inside scraping her paws against the ground. Moon let out a woof to announce her presence. Giving birth is a very vulnerable state to be in and knowing well enough how it felt Moonshadow didnt dare to intrude upon her space. Instead she set the pelt down a few paces away from the opening of the den then took a few more steps back for good measure. She laid down as to pose as little of a threat as possible to not only the mother but the father as well who would surely be there any second. "I'm here dear if ya need anythin' at all" she called out her voice warm laced with natural worry. Child birth was a dangerous thing - for both mothers and pups. The Eastfall mother would relax when both mother and pup(s) were safe and sound.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash had been hanging around the central territory for the day, deciding it was better to be around his packmates than disappearing into the trees again. He'd been spending too much time by himself. It was only because of this that Nash heard Aquene's faint call of distress. He stood upright, ears pricked as he sniffed the air. Was it that time already? Time passed quickly in the spring.

He slowly headed for the den. She probably didn't want everybody there and he was no guardian, but he wanted to be there to protect her or at least make sure she wasn't alone. The new mother - or soon-to-be mother, anyway - had offered him comfort when he'd been at one of his lowest moments. He wanted to return the favor and support his packmates.

He was relieved to see his own mother standing outside the den Aquene had chosen to birth her pups in. He greeted her by brushing his nose against the top of her head and took her cue, laying down beside her. "You can do this, Aquene," he offered softly, hoping she wouldn't mind that he'd come.

Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Like the others, Chan heard the distressed call that floated over their mountain home. Promptly he tipped back his own skull, sending out an answering howl that was deep, forceful and confident. Her pack was with her, and they had her back.

He moved through the forest at a steady pace. It would have surprised Chan if he were the first to make his way to the laboring wolf, and so he did not rush his strides. After all, the gears were already in motion, and while he was experienced in assisting mothers deliver, it had never been a purposeful thing. He certainly wasn't trained to do so.

As such, once he did appear on scene, he stayed back. Attentive but quiet, Chan would wait until either the all-clear was given, or he was needed.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

He was on the other side of the territory when she called. The Vuesain was out hunting for both of his pregnant females, attempting to catch both of them a hare. However, he was still working on the second one. But as her short call rang through the lands, he could hear the urgency in her voice, prompting him to abandon his task.

Sending out a short call in response signaling that he was on his way to her side. Gripping the one dead hare within his jaws, he tore off into the forest to where her birthing den was, hoping he wasn’t too late. Many emotions fired within in, but the only one Aleister focused on was the excitement. Aquene was delivering his children, the first of his and he couldn’t hide the grin that fell across his lips.

Arriving late, he gave a thankful nudge to Chan as he passed by. He approached the den entrance, his mismatched gaze falling on the ebony forms of Moon and Nash who were just outside of the birthing den. Dropping the hare off towards the side for later, he greeted the remaining Eastfalls with a tense smile. Crouching down upon his elbows, he kept himself outside of Aquene’s space in case she didn’t want him this close. “I’m here Aquene. I’m here,” he called out to her softly.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Tasha who has 349 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer
TW: Stillborn Child Delivery/Grief

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

When her call went out, more than one call reached her ears in turn. She became aware of the fact that some of the pack were amassing outside the den, perhaps eager to get a look at the brood she was bringing into the world or simply there for moral support. She felt comforted by Moon’s presence, though she did not invite the woman into the den. Truthfully, she wasn’t entirely sure if she would even invite Aleister in until after it was all said and done. That was a decision that she would have to make in the moment. She heard Nash and Chan as well, though Chan was in the form of a call back to her to let her know she wasn’t alone. The Eastfalls as a whole had been incredibly supportive and she couldn’t be more grateful.

Aleister arrived next and she let out a small chuff when he arrived. “Closer.” She pleaded softly. She decided in that moment she needed the comfort of his presence and she hoped dearly it wasn’t overstepping. With the plea came another soft whimper, the pain radiating through her as she bore down and brought their first child into the world, a little girl. She was quickly shifting along in order to move her closer to her belly so she could begin to suckle, nudging her softly and running her tongue over her a few times to improve circulation. She could cry in relief, but the pain started again and she knew she wasn’t done… not yet.

She bore down a second time, and this one came much faster than the first… but something was wrong. There was a lack of warmth or quivering mews like she expected… and then there was panic, and pain. She was repeating the motions with the little boy she had just delivered, trying to get his heart started. It took a few minutes before she reached the acceptance and the pain gutted her whole. He was a stillborn, carried carefully in her stomach only to never draw a breath of his own, and quickly this happy moment faded into despair. In her grief she nudged the pup closer to her stomach, as if begging him to spring to life and begin to suckle but alas, it was helpless.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Van who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Feel free to skip her - she's pretty far from the actual den

Aquene's call wasn't shocking - the young woman seemed about ready to pop the last time she'd seen her. Kip dragged herself toward the den, stopping just within sight. There were others there already; plenty of them, actually, and Kip doubted her presence was really necessary. She was far too nervous to go any further, recalling the aggression of the new father when she'd tried to help out a few years ago.

The scent of childbirth was heavy in the air, and she cringed at the smell of it, her own stomach tightening in anticipation of her impending due date. She lay down awkwardly, showing solidarity without risking getting too close, because she didn't know how she'd be able to handle Aleister knocking her to the side if she did. Wolves didn't tend to use much of their brains when they felt protective of the mothers of their children, and though she was also carrying her children, she didn't feel like taking that gamble.

So she'd just be close, but not too close. Aquene was young, and was probably terrified, and she felt so awful for the girl. The least she could do was be nearby.
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Sorry about the wait y'all! School is finally over so I can be quicker on my replies! <3 This makes me so sad!

Moon laid near the den but not too close knowing all too well how a laboring mother is very protective. She offered her support and simply waited until she would be needed ready to do anything the young ebony woman needed. It wasnt long before her own dark child arrived on scene. He moved to her and brushed his nose against the top of her head and took up position next to her. She affectionately nudged his cheek once he was settled before returning her attentive gaze to the mouth of the den. Her silver dusted audits stood at attention like two soldiers stationed atop her head straining to pick up and and all sounds from the birthing den. The sound of the wolf whom had made Moonshadow a mother rang through the trees and it wasn't long until Chan was on scene. Moon's attention turned to find his agouti form standing off to the side, her tail sweeping the ground in response. Another call rang out through the cove announcing that he was on his way. Not long after his call rang out Aleister's dark agouti form broke through the tree line. He held a hare in his maw but quickly disregarded it and made his way to the mouth of the den. The father to be keep a respectable distance and called out to Aquene. With his form positioned in front of the mouth of the den Moon could no longer hear clearly the sounds from within. That however, didnt stop her from trying. Moonshadow would do her best to support the young parents in whatever way they needed.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash hadn't been around a birth before, and his friend's sounds of pain from the den hurt his heart. He wished he could do something to be more helpful, but he didn't know what that might be. He knew better than to approach the den further, especially when Aleister showed up. There was just that instinct inside him, even if he hadn't already been following his mother's lead.

His ears strained forward to pick up anything new; the sounds bled together once the father of the new pups had arrived, and Nash was desperate to know if Aquene was okay. She had to be, right? Moonshadow had done this not once but twice and everything had been okay. Aquene was young but Moon hadn't been that much older than her at the time, right?

A low whine escaped Nash's throat as he resisted the urge to crawl forward. What was happening??

Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
His mother's smile was returned, along with a small wag of his tail. Hey, the cute part was almost here, right?

Aleister arrived soon after, and was quick to approach the den's entrance, speaking tenderly. It struck him as off, a dissonance budding to life within his head, but was dismissed. Had he heard Aquene's plea, he might have thought more of it, but thus far he did not yet realize his assumptions had been wrong. Instead, Kip's appearance garnered his attention. Hearing her foot falls, Chan looked over his shoulder to throw her a warm smile, silently welcoming her to the little vigil.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]