Moonshadow, Bing, Google

I just need some time away — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 894 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

For @Casper Backdated to 3/20 if that works for you! <3

The Eastfall woman should be overjoyed. She was, but at the same time she wasn't They had just made Sanguine Cove official days ago, they were finally making things anew. Something ate at her deep within. Maybe it was this year's heat, being back home without her love for the first time. It made her even more emotional than usual. Therefore, Moon felt like a small break would be well needed. After so many years on her own the onyx woman had learned to enjoy some time on her own. Making her way down the mountain towards the west as she had always done, she doubled back once or twice to make sure that her protective son @Chan hadn't followed her again. She loved him dearly but this trip she needed for herself. Her late husband wasnt the only reason she wanted to get away. There were some new faces within the new cove, well one that was somewhat new. She was sure she knew the pale woman from somewhere. She didnt want to give the wrong impression to her new packmates just because of a seasonal situation.

Moonshadow's large frame moved easily through the forest of the scared grove. Her coal nose took in the tranquil scents around her as she walked. She wasnt looking for anything in particular, just enjoying her time away. Without paying much attention Moon brushed past a bush that pulled at her pelt causing the itching to flare up making it unbearable. With a low growl of irritation the onyx she wolf now hunted for something that would allow her to scratch her coat. Finding a tree that had rough looking bark Moon gave a huff. She moved to press her side into the bark rubbing against it much in a way that a cat rubs against someone's leg. The bark combed through her pelt making its way to her skin scratching the insatiable itch. A content rumble erupted through her throat as she gave herself some relief.

Word Count: 000
Played by Silvia who has 19 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Casper Bailey
Casper couldn't believe it'd almost been a year since he'd left his family behind, as the weather started to warm up and the snow started to melt. Figuring it was time to maybe get some fresh air from the murky woods he’d taken shelter in, the light wolf headed south. Part of him was glad that things were warming up, as that meant it was easier to find food and find his way around without freezing his tail off. It also meant there were easier prey coming

The wind changed slightly, as he carefully walked around a large tree with its gnarled roots exposed, which made Casper perk up. There was a...smell? Floating on the wind which Casper frowned slightly. It seemed familiar but at the same time, as he drew closer, he heard a small growl and the heavy scent of another wolf in the air. The thought of Were they okay? crossed his mind so he steered himself towards the sound.

It didn't take him long to come across a large dark wolf, rubbing up against a rough barked tree. Casper paused a few metres away, his ears folded back and tail wagging slightly as he studied the other.

“A...are you okay?” The light wolf asked tentatively, unsure as to why this other wolf was scratching up against the tree like there was something caught on her fur. It looked rather clean to him but maybe there were some burrs in her coat he couldn’t see?
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The bark combed through her ebony fur easily reaching her skin. The Eastfall woman kept her coat pretty neat so there weren't any knots or mats in the way. As the roughness dug against her skin Moonshadow let out a content rumble. Her silver dusted tail waved contently behind her and the inky woman nearly forgot the world around her. A voice reached her silver dusted audits causing her to jump a little. Turning her head around to look be hind her pale orbs fell upon an equally pale form. Taking a deep breath she determined the stranger was male. Her guard hairs stood up and prickled while her nostrils flared. She shoulda known wandering out of the cove could lead to encounters with strangers. The season was no stranger to her but she had gotten quite good at avoiding others over the last couple of years. Though this cream coated man seemed to be concerned with a twinge of confusion. A smile pulled her ebony lips up on her maw as she nodded her head. "Mmhumm, just scratchin' an itch" Moon replied continuing to rub against the tree. She knew it looked funny, especially to a male but it was just too satisfying to stop.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Casper Bailey
oh, oh, there's a reason she's doing it, he realised as the wind changed slightly towards him and the smell crossed his nose. A vague memory of his mother bemoaning how itchy she got during one spring crossed his mind yet it never really clicked till now what she had meant. The changing season had never happened effected him much, at least when he was living at home surrounded by family so certain habits had never made the connections in his head.

Casper bit his tongue, feeling as if he didn't, some stupid words that he knew he'd regret were about to blurt out of his mouth. A fool he'd already made himself so he just shuffled his paws and wondered what he could do to push past the awkwardness he felt.

It was only then that he realised there were other, slightly fainter but still there scents of other wolves on the elder's coat and he perked up a bit. The more he wandered, the lonelier the pale wolf felt. As much as he enjoyed the murky woods he'd been calling home for the moment, it would be nice to actually have a proper home again.

"Do you live around here?" Okay, that could have been asked a bit more...smoothly but Casper wasgenuinely curious, not a malicious thought crossing his mind at the question.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The bark clung to her fur bringing her sweet relief. Deciding not to be rude or neglect her other side Moonshadow peeled herself away from the tree and turned to face the ghostly man. She pressed her left side against the bark picking up where she had left off. Mercury orbs looked over the man, more like boy in her eyes. He looked to be about Nash's age, his pale coat only lightly colored with tawny markings. He seemed to stand at about the height that her late husband had, perhaps even a tad taller. He was handsome, his markings were a welcomed different sight from the inky and agouti coats of her family. Though she didnt mind the coat patterns of her loved ones, her senses were just heightened due to the season.

The older woman easily picked up on the younger mans awkwardness as he shuffled his paws where he stood. Her lips pulled into an uncharacteristic slight smirk. He asked if she lived around there and a small chuckle left her maw. "Not down here" she paused letting her gaze move to the looming mountain. "Up there I do though" she replied smoothly with a nod of her muzzle. "What about ya?" she asked inquisitively meeting his amber gaze. Since she was giving information she may as well get some in return.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Casper Bailey
Feeling her eyes look him over, Casper felt a little bit awkward as she did but felt it rude to point it out. He had been raised to respect his elders after all. Surely she was just making sure he wasn't any sort of threat before answering anything...?

Following her gaze up to the mountain that shadowed over them, Casper shuddered a bit involuntarily. A touch of fear still filled his chest whenever his own gaze looked at the mountain, though another part of him scolded him for being so fearful. It was just a bunch of rock and clearly, it was perfectly fine if this woman and her pack lived up there. His eyes turned back to her when she asked about him, wanting to know where he was coming from.

"I'm just wandering around really, though I was hanging around in some murky woods up north for a bit." Casper admitted to her, flicking his ears up as he spoke. "Not a bad spot to be, even if it was little lonely." The woods had been a nice place to hang around, having given him a sense of calm he'd not felt in a while.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Casper is too cute! And Moon just cant help herself with offering lol

His shudder wasnt lost on the ebony woman. She had always been observant but more so as she aged. Picking up on subtilties that many others missed. She wasnt surprised though, most wolves had the same reaction of confusion when she said she hailed from the monstrous rock. She herself had a similar reaction when Kajika had told her and brought her to the cove originally. Though the surrounding conditions were well worth the sliver of heaven that was the Lost Lake. He answered her inquiry by stating he was just wandering around. He also said he had spent time in some murky woods in the north. He showed fondness for the woods despite him saying it was lonely. Her silver dusted tail swayed behind her as she stopped rubbing against the tree and stood still, still facing him. "Woods can be soothing sometimes." Moonshadow mused remembering her travels over the years. Her ears flicked back in solidarity to his admittance of the loneliness. "Travlin' alone can be very lonely at times. If ya ever want a change in scenery the mountain is really a beautiful place." She offered with a warm smile. "There's a hidden lake where I live with my pack. I'd be more than happy to show ya around."  It was a sincere offer. Moonshadow was a wolf who wanted nothing more than to help those she met in anyway she could.

Inactive No Rank
Casper Bailey
lol it's all good! he is rather cute isn't he?

"Yeah, I grew up in them so I guess they reminded me of my old home..." Trailing off, Casper licked his lips as he realised it could come across as sad, with him talking about his home. He loved his home but he'd left for a reason, to spread his wings.

She then agreed that traveling alone wasn't always fun and offered to take him up the mountain, surprising him slightly. It was her home and clearly, there had to be a reason they chose the top of a mountain for a reason.

Glancing back up at the mountain, Casper thought over her offer for a moment, once again shifting on his feet slightly as he thought it over. To show him the mountain and the secret lake her pack lived at perked both Casper's curiosity and fear. It was a very kind offer on her part, to show him where her home was and Casper knew he'd have to face his fear at some point about the mountain, and to have a guide going up there at least would greatly lessen that fear. There also obviously had to be something on the other side of the range so the few daydreams he had of the other side would be quenched too.

In the end, the curiosity in him won out so wagging his tail slightly, he nodded. "I think I'll take you up on that offer, if that's alright? the others wouldn't mind if I visited?" Even though it was her offer and she clearly meant it, as Casper felt she'd have not offered otherwise, Casper still didn't want to just presume. "A change of scenery would be nice after all."
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The ghostly boy explained how he had grown up on a mountain but then trailed off. This peaked the inky woman's curiosity but she wouldn't pry. Everyone had a different story and it wasnt her place to pry. True to her nature she offered the young man a tour of the mountain. The cove was newly reformed and could always use the extra help, especially with two new litters on the way. That is if the man even decided to stay, which would be his choice. Either way, the onyx Eastfall woman wouldn't feel right if she didnt at least offer. Her initial instincts about strangers had been honed in over the years and this pale male seemed to be pretty good. He pondered her offer for a moment before stating that he would take her up on her offer. Her smile widened as her silver tipped banner waved more excitedly. He voiced concern for her packmates and how they might feel about it. Both Chan and Aleister had brought visitors therefore it would be fine for her to as well. Surely a potential recruit wouldn't be turn away. "They wont mind, anyways the lake is plenty big enough to still show ya without anyone gettin' uncomfortable" she assured him with a wide smile. "However, I did only just make it down here and I'd like to spend some time before goin' back up if thats alright with ya" Moonshadow asked being honest. She had come off the mountain for a brief get away.