441 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo, Isla, Sophrosnia

minor artifacts found — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 626 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
Late evening/early night, Overcast, 9C/48F
For @Sita @Azra and @Walleye tags for @Clover and @Vanadis for thoughts.

Even after becoming a father of multiple litters, Viorel preferred the darkness of the night. Usually at this time, after Clover and the others had fallen asleep the man would be curled up with Vanadis and their sons in their den. Their relationship still held strong, despite the additional stress of the children, but then, they weren’t out of the den yet. But, tonight he had something else to attend to before he would go to visit his girlfriend and spend the night without a care in the world.

Tonight he would be seeking out his mother for the first time since she had given birth to his sister, and her two companions. Instead of going directly to the den, Viorel moved swiftly across the borders, to neutral territory. Here, he lifted his muzzle to the sky and called for Sita, and also her friends who he had yet to formally meet. It was time to offer them a spot amongst their ranks, if they would like them.

After his short song ended, yellow eyes flicked around the creek in anticipation of their forms materializing. He hoped this wouldn’t take long, he wanted to get back to Archer, Eros and Vanadis.

Played by Rose who has 80 posts.
Inactive XIII. Subordinate
Sita Valle
Sita hadn't left the den much at all since Hazel had been born. The little girl was getting bigger every day, inching closer to coming out, but she wasn't keen on leaving the child unattended quite yet. What if something happened? That anxiety had begun to worm itself into the woman's brain again. If something reached in there and whisked her child off to a new place, far away and she'd never be able to find her.

When her son called for her, however, she would not ignore his call. Luckily, she had been grooming the pup and she had dozed off to sleep, giving Sita a window of time to slip away. Away away across the border until the man appeared. Inspite of her lingering anxiety surrounding their reunion, the sight of him safe and so close sent the mother's heart a flutter and she smiled as she came to him. "Good evening, son. You called?"
currently travelling with walleye
Played by becca who has 37 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Walleye
He still hovered even as Sita had brought new life onto this earth.

Typically that was his cue to leave someone.

Except he was old and, if ever asked, he'd say he'd make an okay chew toy for a cubbin'. It wasn't like he needed to fill any role other than "Your Mom's Weird Old Friend" which was easy enough.

Although as Sita was summoned he felt like it wouldn't have hurt to stick closer to the den. Only that all of them were being summoned, not just the new-again mother.

Slowly he approached, only to be greeted with a kid who very much could have been his own in looks alone. He didn't say anything. Sita was already present and he figured she'd already asked something he could listen along to.
[Image: DEBturtle2.png]
walleye cannot travel through mountains
and will travel normal terrain at 1/2 speed
Viorel Valle
woo! 200 posts for Viorel!

As expected his mother arrived first, and despite the strain that he still felt about having a new sibling in a strange situation he felt himself smiling. He had missed her, and he had accomplished so much and his life had changed so drastically in an impossibly short amount of time. Viorel might be a father himself now, but he still felt the need for approval from his mother, for her to tell him that she was proud. He only wished that she had not been pregnant and could have settled into the role of grandmother rather than new mother.

But the world was not always the way that he wanted it to be, clearly.

Smiling wider at Sita, his tail swept gently behind him, but this came to a halt at her friend’s site. He had known that they were hanging around, but hadn’t gotten a close look at either of them. Looking back at the tawny woman in surprise, his eyes asked a question his mouth couldn’t form, this seriously can’t be Hazelnut’s father, could it? Viorel didn’t want to judge her, but this guy was old like his crazy grandmother.

He waited another minute, but the other male did not show, so Viorel got started without him. Clearing his throat and launching into ‘leader mode’, he announced, ”I held a meeting with the pack, since I already added enough strain on them with my two litters, I didn’t want to add any extra stress without their input.” Smiling softly at his mother, he continued, ”And they unanimously agreed that we should offer you, Hazelnut and your friends permanent spots within our ranks, if you would like them.” Of course, they hadn’t realized how old her friends were, but Viorel kept that thought to himself.

(This post was last modified: Jun 10, 2021, 04:09 AM by Viorel.)
[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Sita Valle
As Walleye appeared, Sita felt a swell of...Happiness. She'd been stressed. Rightfully so. She'd brought so much upon herself and then spread it around to others. Always dragging others into her whirlwind of chaos. Even at home she'd done that. The freedom had gotten to her head. But she felt blessed to be reunited with her children again and Hazel was no regret. Walleye was part of her family now, as well, whether or not he actually knew it. If he disappeared, Sita would be broken. They'd travelled across an unknown wilderness together and he'd offered her comfort and words when she needed them the most.

And then her son, summoning them to this spot. Speaking as he did. She'd missed so much but she was here for the result. Pride and happiness and indescribable feelings swirled around in her chest. No matter the opinions of others she was glad to be here and slowly felt her life piecing itself together again. There was still a shard missing. But it didn't hurt as much when so much of it was complete again.

Sita wondered if he would take so well to being sucked into her tornado again.

She was stunned to hear the news, though. That, in spite of what she'd done, the stress she'd brought to her son's pack, they wanted to offer her, and Walleye, and...Azra (who's absense was felt in light of the unfolding events) a spot in the pack. She'd wanted to make her own way. But over the last few weeks the feeling dwindled. Sita looked to Walleye for a reaction, then back to Viorel.

"I would be honored." She smiled widely.
Played by Sarah who has 75 posts.
No Rank
Azra Donata
He missed the own birth of his god damn daughter.

It was pretty well apparent that Azra was a bit of a mess.

He absolutely wanted to be there, had every intention of being there, had dreamed about being there. But then Sita had gone on ahead of him, found her family, apparently, and quite suddenly Azra was on the outside. Literally, he was on the outside of the borders. How did one just walk in? He could smell multiple scents of pregnancy besides Sita's, which was deeply unsettling. How did he insert himself into something like that? Azra had never been a part of a real pack. What an idiot.

The call hadn't mentioned him by name per se (could have, and likely was Walleye) but it was the closest thing to a direct invitation Azra had received this whole time. He almost turned around and walked away. But he was so sure that Sita had given birth already and he wanted to see his child. He had to know. What would they be like?

His fur was unkempt and a little yellowed. Sheepishly, he slid onto the scene. He had known that Sita's children were, obviously, younger than he was but somehow it was more surprising since the way the boy was carrying himself. He seemed to be in charge, in the middle of extending the gracious offer to his mother—a strange thought that Azra would have to revisit later.

"H-h-Hazlenut?" Azra asked softly, plaintive. "Sita...I..." He took a deep breath.
Played by becca who has 37 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Walleye
It felt like a real show to Walleye. Watching everyone reunite happily ever after. The pack had all agreed to welcome Mama Sita home with her new bundle of joy and the two strange dudes who hung around with her.

Or maybe he was the only strange dude. Azra was the father, after all. Even if he was a little absent. Hell, Walleye had not won any father of the year awards himself.

Although instinct told him to say no and waddle back over the mountain, he knew a bit better than that. Admittedly probably wouldn't survive the trip back over the mountain by himself. Even if he wormed through the tunnels they had taken. So...

"S'kind offer, won't say no to it." He grunted in response.

Right before father of the hour crashed onto the scene...
[Image: DEBturtle2.png]
walleye cannot travel through mountains
and will travel normal terrain at 1/2 speed
Viorel Valle

Viorel had not really known what to expect when he offered his mom and her rag-tag little group official spots within the pack. Would she latch onto the security that numbers promised, or would she rather fling herself back into the wind and continue to wander? The leader knew which value he held dearer, sure, he loved to explore at night, especially when he could do so with Vanadis, but the Backwater was like another child to him.

It honestly surprised him a little that his mother responded so quickly and so brightly that they would like to stay. At the very least it would seem that Dead Empress Backwater would be gaining one adult and a newborn. And...another elder, who talked a little funny, but now they would have a matching set, a loony grandmother and a grumpy old man. And a whole bunch of litters, Viorel’s stomach twisted anxiously at the thought, but kept his expression pleasant. Smiling at both of them he responded cheerfully, ”Excellent, the Backwater will welcome you with open arms and paws.” Now that they were an official part they would be able to continue to enjoy the hospitality, but everyone had made it clear in the meeting that expectations were high.

Yellow eyes glanced towards the newcomer in surprise. So this was her other friend, Azra, the father of his sister. He looked unkempt to say the very least, and Viorel was less than impressed that this was who his mother had chosen to lay with. Giving the white wolf a cool glancing over at the stutter, the leader had to keep his sarcasm in check. Maybe he should have waited for his mother to answer, but he couldn’t help it. He wanted to roll his eyes, instead all he said was, ”Hazelnut. Your child, my sister.” The tone was a little colder than he had intended, but the leader couldn’t help the condescension he felt towards this stranger who had knocked up his mother.

Sita Valle
The happy invitation would be short lived, it seemed. Not that it would be revoked. Only the glee interrupted. Sita made a step forward toward her son when Azra arrived. His absence had made her sad, perhaps angry after the conversation they'd had that he wanted to be more present in his own child's life. But if Sita was to avoid being hypocritical, she'd reserve her strong feelings until after he was allowed to speak for himself. Whether or not that would be in this little meeting was yet to be known.

Viorel confirmed firmly for her as Sita turned around. He looked awful. Something had clearly happened to keep him at bay. Her nostrils flared and her gaze leveled cooly. "Hazelnut, your daughter, Walleye and I will be living here now," She looked over at Viorel for a brief moment. "I believe the invitation is also extended to you." Though if Viorel retracted it now, she wasn't sure she could blame him. The tone that his words held were chilly. She wouldn't try to correct him.
Viorel Valle

The son took note that his mother stepped towards him when her “friend” arrived. His look towards the white man was still very cold, although he was strong enough to keep himself from outright glaring, just barely. His mother, sister, and Walleye would be staying, but the leader had frankly lost all his patience and thought it best he remove himself from the situation.

Nodding he stated curtly, ”The invitation for all of you stands, I’ll let you discuss amongst yourselves.” He pressed his side gently against Sita and Walleye to mark them with his scent, and he made no more moves of formality. The Valle’s man twitched in annoyance as he disappeared into the Backwater. This was some bullshit.

FADE