855 Users Online
Hazelnut, Google, Finley, Pan, Jadon, Bing, Adora

you say your prayers, though you don't care — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
For @Aleister only.

Chan had let far enough time to pass without confronting something that had deeply bothered him since finally piecing it altogether. He'd stayed up late, into the dawn when the others stirred, and waited for Aleister to awake and leave his chosen den site. Chan waited along the shore line, the entirety of the cove within view from  his vantage point. As he waited, he tried to work through what exactly he would say, how he would phrase it all, what he would do if it all touched a nerve with the pack's alpha... it was difficult to settle on anything when he had no real idea of what was going on inside the other man's head.

That's why he needed to just ask. A soft sigh of mild impatience left his black lips as he perused the panorama before him, seeking the black-streaked wolf in every shadow.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

As dawn stirred within the mountain pass, the Sanguine leader was quick to rise with it. He had many things duties to attend to and starting on them early was the only thing that kept the wolf sane. Aleister was not one to leave his alpha duties uncompleted, so he would do those before heading to check on his children and their mothers. Through first, he needed a drink.

Heading to the shoreline, the tawny male was surprised to find the form of his second along the shore line already. "Mornin' Chan," he drawled lazily as he moved to water front to quench his thirst.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's patience was eventually rewarded. He'd reclined, and had begun to daze off. He didn't notice Aleister as soon as he should have, but once he did his ears stood to attention and he tried not to appear as tense as he felt. It was the not knowing that put him on edge, and there was only one way out of that.

"Morning," he returned, then swiftly followed it up with, "can we take a walk?"

For all he knew, Aleister had something more pressing and he would have to schedule something with the man later on tonight.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

His tawny lookalike greeted him in return and asked if they could take a walk. Interest perked at his question, so as always he would make time for his companion. "Of course," he answered as he fell into step with the Eastfall man. Aleister was curious. Most of the time a walk led to a talk. Many times his father pulled him away just like this, a stroll around the shore to ask him how he was doing and such. He wondered what pressed on Chan's mind and Aleister hoped it wasn't anything too cumbersome. It was still morning. "What's on your mind?"

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan was relieved to hear Aleister respond in the positive. He stood, and eagerly began a light trot around the near-circuit that was the cove's shore. He wanted a little bit of distance between them and the others, given the probable sensitivity of the topic soon to be broached. After all that planning and mulling, the Eastfall decided to go with his gut as he always did, and let the words come organically to his tongue.

His mismatched gaze forsook the path ahead, looking instead at the other wolf's face. Tawny brows were knit with what looked like concern.

"What exactly happened this Spring, Al?"
(This post was last modified: Jun 11, 2021, 02:42 AM by Chan.)
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

His second fell into step with him as the younger man led them away from the communal den, most likely from potential prying ears. Something serious must be on the younger male's mind and Aleister had some guesses. Which made the older Vuesain sigh inwardly to himself.

A mismatched gaze met his as he spoke what was one his mind and Aleister's guess was correct. Had he more of a grasp of what did happen, he would be out with it already, but instead the Vuesain looked away from Chan's gaze as he contemplated his words. Guilt crept into his mind again. He had brought more work upon the newly formed pack with his carelessness and he was a fool to think someone wasn't going to confront him about it.

"When my sister abandoned me— us, I ju-just lost control." He answered truthfully as he thought back to the pain that had radiated from his heart when Neha left without a word. Aleister had to numb it somehow, find a release for the pain he felt. "I was reckless and stupid," he said softly, his mismatched gaze returning to his this time, hoping he could see the truth in his eyes. "And I'm sorry for this mess I brought on everyone."

(This post was last modified: Jun 11, 2021, 02:44 AM by Aleister.)
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan softened considerably as Aleister responded not abrasively with indignance, but clearly aware that his choices had affected far more than himself. Neha leaving had caused him to seek out affection elsewhere, eh? That was certainly plausible, and while it wouldn't be Chan's reaction, he certainly knew it not to be an uncommon one. Al had been affected deeply by the way his sister had chosen to leave, the Eastfall brother was familiar with that factor. Still...

He slowed to a stop before answering, satisfied with the distance. The stretch of shore they'd reached was exceptionally open; it would be clear that someone was coming well before they came within earshot. 

"I don't mind the work," he said, for at the end of the day, if all their efforts failed and as much as it would hurt his heart, it was not his child that would starve or fall prey to another predator. That burden was on the parents alone. In all honestly, he loved taking care of children. What had affected him more was...

"Why Aquene? She... she was practically just a kid herself, Aleister. It was just her first heat."

Yes, she was full grown, but Chan couldn't help but feel for her - this should have been her last Summer of youth. The Summer she began to really find herself. She should have gotten time to form her roots, strengthen who she was before she became the host for someone else. Kateri was a treasure, but she could have come after her mom had a chance to live at least a small part of her adult life for herself.

Maybe it was just him. He couldn't shake the echo of her voice, however, fearful of wait lay ahead.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

His truth was out, though he was reckless and rash, Aleister didn't regret what this Spring gave him. Five beautiful children, four he was blessed to see everyday. The guilt of what his actions did to others was what he regretted. Al didn't mean for any of this to happen, if he could go about it another way he would, but it was what it was now. Now, he was to focus on his children's and the pack's safety.

Pausing with Chan, he waited for a response as his tail flicked anxiously behind him. Aleister wasn't surprised Chan didn't mind the work, or else he would of confronted him much earlier. Though, that didn't completely take away the guilt the Vuesain still harbored. Did everyone else feel this way?

Mulling over his words for a moment, he didn't answer immediately instead he looked anywhere but to Chan as slight frustration bubbled within. "I didn't force her to be with me," he couldn't fathom doing that and Al hoped Chan didn't think that he would have the capacity to do such a thing."She made a decision as an individual and so did I." Though emotions and instincts were heightened, Aquene had chosen to be with him that night.

(This post was last modified: Jun 11, 2021, 03:37 AM by Aleister.)
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Here their understanding seemed to falter. Chan frowned, an unusual sight. What Aleister said wasn't a lie, but what woman didn't get overwhelmed her first heat? The alpha had been the one with experience, with solid knowledge of what exactly they risked, of all the repercussions available. He should have sought out more mature company, instead of... Chan took a deep breath, and looked away. His eyes scanned the lake as he thought, trying to figure out what was and wasn't worth saying.

He felt confident that Aleister had not been callous in his actions, much less any kind of predatory. Still, he'd had a certain advantage over Aquene, when a coupling should be on even ground. He shouldn't have expected her to have the same sense-of-self that he possessed, not in Chan's eyes. Of course, he also hadn't been there, had no idea what words were and weren't exchanged. It was a complex situation, and he wasn't here to condemn the man by any means.

"I understand that. I just hope you know and appreciate everything that she lost to give you your daughter."

Chan wasn't sure he did. It was far more than Kip had, in several ways. When all was said and done, given that no one could change the past, it was really what mattered; that all costs were known, so that hopefully next year, this wouldn't repeat itself. After all, it wasn't like Aleister had been anything less than a doting father.
(This post was last modified: Jun 11, 2021, 03:52 AM by Chan.)
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

Aleister had always been different which in turn made the wanderlust that commonly plagued yearlings all that stronger. Freedom whispered in his ears constantly, provoking to seek avenues where he was the least held down. Years with this idealism was hard to domesticate and settle down with, even if he was choosing to plant his paws and was not forced to by anyone. He was a spirited man, so rules and traditions were gray, blurred lines at times with the tawny male. Clearly, Spring was a big, fat blurred line for Aleister as he operated with his free will and was wholly open hearted. And perhaps, it will eventually bite him in the ass. 

Now that his second was calling him out on it. However, the Eastfall was understanding enough, but his words were guarded as if there was still more on his mind. Aleister nodded, "I will forever be grateful for the blessing Aquene gave me." The Slayer would forever have a home here at the Lake, Al would make sure of that. 

"Now tell me, what did you discover on your trip?" Changing the subject as he had yet the chance to ask his scout with everything that had been going on with the Cove. Aleister trusted they gained some knowledge with Chan's long excursion. 

(This post was last modified: Jun 15, 2021, 02:52 AM by Aleister.)