(See All?) Announcements
594 Users Online
Bing, Google

Tell me what you want to hear — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
Early morning, backdated to 01/28/2021. For @Lila only please!

Clover shivered at the coldness which clung to her fur, slowly seeping down through the layers ever closer to her skin. She had gotten up at first light, before the sun even rose above the horizon, and had not realised how cold it was until she stepped out of the small hidden alcove she had found to sleep in during the nights. Her breath puffed into small white clouds as she exhaled, and her shoulders hunched as she walked to try and keep warm. She was glad her artic heritage made her well-built for winter, but that did not mean she did not feel the cold.

Her journey took her southward, back to the grove she had found not long prior, and as the sun began to rise in the sky she halted at the creek that bordered the grove. Her dark amber gaze eyed the creek as it gurgled by. Fishing was not a skill she had, and it did not seem as if the creek had any fish in it in this region, but maybe once spring came around she would try her paw at learning to catch the aquatic creatures. She gasped at the searing coldness of the water as she stepped into the creek to cross it, feeling her paws numb almost immediately. Quickly hopping to the other side of the creek, Clover lifted her muzzle into the air, sniffing the air to try and find any scent traces of prey that she could hunt.
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
I think there's a flaw in my code

The only reason she was awake because she couldn't sleep any more. She'd tried, but the more the sky began to lighten the less she could ignore it. Slowly, she untucked her legs, flipped her tail from her nose, and stretched into a stand. Roughly giving her coat a shake, to get rid of any snowflakes, she then looked to the sky. It was pretty clear, and she hoped it stayed that way. It needed to warm up, but until it did moving was her best way to stay warm. Today, she knew what she wanted to do. She'd check the woods close to the mountain to see what they were about. There was still zero signs anyone had stayed through the years, and she'd cross this off her list.

On the outside the grove hadn't looked any different. However, the further she trotted she could sense...something. She couldn't decide what exactly, but slowly continued onward keeping her senses on alert It wasn't dread, it was...like this place was more alive. A little different than the Spectral Woods, and yet the same? Whatever it was, other animals seemed to like this place. There were quite a few different trails of deer, and rabbit going all over. If she kept going she'd bet she'd find something more recent. It wasn't a deer or rabbit, that caught her eye it was another white wolf. She seemed like she was scenting, likely also in need of something to eat. "You looking for breakfast too?" She asked, getting closer, but still retaining a distance. Maybe, she'd found something and wouldn't appreciate the idea of competition.

Clover Assana
She had only been scenting the air for a short while before the voice of another rang out in the silence of the grove, effectively catching her attention. Her head swiveled around, gaze landing on a wolf with a dark pelt who was a respective distance away. She could understand the hesitancy to get too close, and smiled to show that she meant no harm. "Yes," she said in response, taking note of the implied notion the other wolf was also looking for something to eat. "I was hoping to catch something right as it emerged to feed." She found hunting at dawn to be most effective, as the prey was thinking more about its own hunger rather than potential predators, but she had yet to come upon a rabbit or other small creature so far.

Clover could pick up faint scents of other wolves, but was unsure if that meant this female was in a group, or had just come across some other wanderers in the surrounding lands. "You're welcome to join me, if you'd like." Perhaps with their combined efforts they could both find something to fill their bellies, and it would be nice to have some new company, even just for a little bit. She was surrounded by mostly males, so a female face was most welcome.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

She was answered with a smile first so the Aquila moved closer. Though her eyes drifted along the grove again before landing on the younger wolf. "I'm sure there's something moving out here." They might have to look a little harder where a favorite feed spot might be, but she was positive there was more than one by the signs of all those earlier tracks.

"Two wolves are better than one." She faintly grinned, glad they seemed to have the same idea. It was better getting the point. But, she noticed there was something familiar to this loner's scent. Was this Viorel's companion? But there wasn't just his scent either. Now she was really curious what that was all about , but now wasn't the time to chat if they were gonna use the dawn to their advantage. "I bet if we stay close to the creek we'll find the fresh trail we need or see something if we're really lucky." A mother and fawn pair would be the most ideal. Would the universe smile upon them? She wasn't betting on it, but lately things had been going well for her here. Better than she'd thought.

Starting to move, she tried to mind how much sound she created. Striding carefully, checking the air as she went. She wouldn't want to miss a sign, and startle something long before they reached it, and she was certain her companion was doing the same. Why it'd been awhile since she'd hunted jointly, she didn't let that worry her. She only had one wolf to add into the equation which was a lot simpler than a pack.  

(This post was last modified: Feb 09, 2021, 09:43 PM by Lila.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Clover Assana
Clover nodded in agreement, also sure that there had to be something out there given how often she caught scents on the wind and spotted tracks in the snow. The area seemed to be a hotspot for fauna, and she quickly found it to be her favourite area to hunt in. She grinned back, echoing that darker woman's sentiment. "Most definitely." It allowed them to plan out their attack with coordination that could help gain more than just one prey to eat, and if they were lucky they could both part ways with their own meal.

She glanced along the creek's edge briefly, a hopeful look in her eyes. "Lead the way." And with that she followed behind the darker woman, taking care to step where she stepped to further dampen her own footsteps and not alert the nearby woodland creatures to their presence. The two wolves carefully walked parallel to the creek, and it did not take long before Clover noticed movement by one of the trees just ahead of them. She made a quiet noise to alert her companion, a sharp exhale if anything, so as to not set the creature itself on edge.

With squinted eyes she stared at the base of the tree, able to pick out the snowy coat of the rabbit as it slowly hopped out of what she presumed to be its warren, clearly looking for something to eat. Perfect. "Do you see it?" She said in a low voice, barely at a whisper, as she moved to stand next to the darker woman, her gaze locked onto the rabbit. If there was one then there must be more, and that boded well for their rumbling stomachs.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
Thanks for waiting for me. I'm good with small powerplay.

Grateful for her new companion's easy going nature, she hoped they were successful. Might take a little time, but she had a feeling this lady didn't exactly have anything better to do either. Taking the lead, she was pleased by her hunting partner's own silence. The Aquila was patience to a point, but now wasn't the time to be teaching.

The distance movement caused her to halt as Clover had picked up on it too. It was small, but she wasn't disappointed. A fresh rabbit  would be the best meal she'd had in awhile. They were a lot easier to catch them around their home. "Yes, but how would you like to proceed? Want to dig or catch?" It was the strategy she was use to using, but she was open to other ideas. Whatever she decided Lila would now follow her lead so they had a successful outcome. 

Clover Assana
Her companion had also seen the rabbit judging from the quickness at which she came to a halt. Her head turned just slightly to the side so she could glance at the darker woman as she spoke, offering up a strategy to catch the rabbit. Hunting was definitely not Clover's forte, but it seemed the other woman was much more comfortable with the whole process, and so she thought about it for a few moments as her gaze drifted back to the rabbit.

"I'll catch," she whispered in response. Being small she was quite fast as she had much less weight to carry around, and hopefully that would aid her in being quick enough to pounce on the creature before it scurried back into its burrow. Clover was unsure of how exactly the other woman wanted to go about it, but she figured if she could somehow get around and dig from behind the burrow, the rabbits would spill out and she herself could catch at least one, maybe two if she was fast enough. "You go around to dig, scare them out, then I catch them as they run?" Maybe if the other woman was fast enough she could also catch one in the chaos that would surely ensue.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

That was precisely what Lila planned to do, so she answered with a silent nod. Now how many they caught she couldn't be sure about, but it was a problem for later. If it would even be one at all. There was only so far ahead she should think. Taking a moment she mapped out just where she ought to sneak around, and than proceeded to do so.

Now, certain she had a good spot her eyes found their way over to the ivory wolf, making sure she was ready. It was always a guess how long it would take rabbits to flee, and Lila had to work through a bit of snow until she struck dry, cold dirt. She didn't mind the extra effort, it was nice to feel like she was accomplishing something for a change. Throwing the dirt between her hind limbs, she worked swiftly, mindful of any fast movements in case a special opportunity would arrive. 

Clover Assana
She waited silently and patiently as the other female made her way around to the back of the burrow, her own gaze swaying back and forth between the rabbit and her companion as she began to dig. Clover could hear the crunch of snow even from where she stood, and when it changed to the sound of claws scraping through hard dirt she lowered her body into a crouch. She would be ready to pounce when the rabbits surely scattered as they fled from their broken home.

It did not take long for the other woman to break through into the burrow, and when Clover heard the panicked squeals from inside and saw the lone rabbit outside stand at attention she leaped forward. There was but a moment between when she pounced and when she held the now limp rabbit in her jaw, but in that moment there was a flurry of snow as the rabbits within the burrow surged outwards in a panic.

After a split-second decision Clover dropped the rabbit she held and chased after the frenzied rabbits, their movements hindered as they tried to flee in all directions. With a lucky swipe of a paw she trapped a smaller rabbit between her and the ground, swiftly ending its life before it could escape. Now with two small prey caught she looked up, searching for her companion to see if she had been just as lucky.