(See All?) Announcements
660 Users Online
Google, Bing

shatter every window — Fool's Gold Chasm 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 379 posts.
Deceased
Woya Macieo
Backdated to 5/16, early morning. For @Saga only.

While Woya knew she wanted to be here, with @Huddy regardless of what really happened to take him away, she was far from immediately ready to meet the others, even her new family. Alien abduction, a new pack, nephews and a niece. It was hard to wrap her mind around it all, especially when she'd been so focused on finding him just to promptly drag him right back home. Like nothing had changed.

Instead, everything was different.

When morning came, and her brother still slumbered, Woya decided she was braced and decided to creep ahead without him, approaching the den within which the newborns lay with their mother. Her nose twitched, something familiar about the mixture of foreign scents. She took a tentative step forward, and attempted to peer into the dark throat of the den without crossing the threshold.

"... hello?"
[Image: X2QzmxY.png]
Played by Pinn who has 117 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Sága Tainn

Rest was.. hard to come by with three squirming bundles at one's side, not to mention the near constant state of vigilance, and the sudden awareness of every. little. noise. Thus, it was unsurprising that the voice of another wolf floating in the entrance was jarring enough to startle Saga awake. Before her mind could even process the situation she'd already taken a protective stance, hovering over the children with her teeth bared.

It took a few seconds for the gears to start turning and her olfactory system to catch up with her brain. Once it did, however, the woman felt herself settle. The scent was familiar, and though it did not belong to any of her packmates, it carried a positive connotation. Bright green eyes blinked through the early morning light, focusing in on the woman she'd raced though the snow drifts with.

"Oh.. I uh.. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to.. uhh.." If she had known beforehand who the voice had belonged to she wouldn't have had such an.. awful reaction. "Hello."

[Image: SAGA.png]
Sága is currently travelling with Huddy, Aubine, Adelard, Rhaegara, Riven, Maugrim & Hrun
Deceased
Woya Macieo
There was something glinting in the dark, just barely but enough to catch her eye. Woya fought the urge to lean closer, trying to decipher what exactly it was she was seeing. It clicked in slowly. Eyes. Teeth. She blinked back, and felt her muscles tense, ready to jump back if needed, but the urge to run was fought against. Something very precious was inside this den, and she wanted to see them.

The face below met sunlight, and shock brightened Woya's honey eyes. No way. This was who Hud had laid with? Her mind scrambled to figure what all this implied. Had they known each other when Woya had come across the woman, had she really been that close to him without ever knowing it? Could she have maybe stopped... this from happening?

Woya grimaced at her own thoughts before forcing a smile for the more darkly-detailed wolf.

"Hey. You uh..." she wasn't really sure what to say, and still couldn't make out the tiny lumps nestled against the woman's side.

"... you had my brother's kids."
Inactive II. Subordinate
Sága Tainn

Saga's head tilted at the implication before realization really hit. Hudson's.. sister? This woman.. the woman from the snow drifts.. No, couldn't be. Why wouldn't the older wolf have said something then when she asked... oh. That's right. She hadn't asked, even though her reason she'd followed the woman's voice that day. In fact, she'd gotten so caught up in the fun they were having that the Tainn had never even acquired a first name, let alone a last. If she had hands she would have smacked her palm against her forehead, but alas, the drop of her ears would have to suffice.

"Uh.. Oh.. You're, uh.. You're Hudson's sister?" she asked just to be sure, though the way Huddy's scent had mingled with hers Saga had no reason not to believe it was true.

Sága is currently travelling with Huddy, Aubine, Adelard, Rhaegara, Riven, Maugrim & Hrun
Deceased
Woya Macieo
You're Hudson's sister? How many times had she been asked that in her life, and yet it felt so out of place here. Here she was, about to meet her brother's children, surrounded by strangers. Wolves that didn't know her, didn't have an inkling of just how important Hudson was to her and in turn, the things she loved.

She let out a breath and nodded.

"Yeah. Fer 'bout five years now."

Honeyed eyes blinked a few times, unsure of what to say next. There was a lot that she could say, and zero idea of what the other wolf wanted to know.

"I'm sorry, I- two days ago I just had a brother," she tried to explain, "and I thought..."

I thought we'd be going home.

"... I'm Woya."
(This post was last modified: Nov 06, 2021, 04:35 AM by Woya.)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Sága Tainn

Saga let herself laugh at the silvery wolf's quip, easing the tension she felt in her gut, if only by a small margin. This really.. wasn't how she had planned on meeting any of Hudson's kin. In fact, she hadn't really thought she would get the chance to meet them and now that it was actually happen she felt a strange, creeping sense of dread hidden somewhere within the depths of her stomach. This really.. wasn't how it was supposed to happen.

"Oh, no, no, it was.. two days ago I thought they would never get the chance to meet their aunt." but now they would and that was a good thing. "I know it's a lot." Finding out she was pregnant had come as a shock to her and she had been there for it.. so really she couldn't imagine how weird that must have been for Hudson's own sister.

"I'm Saga."

Deceased
Woya Macieo
Her ears swept back at Saga's unexpected reassurance, oddly touched. Had Hudson told them about her then? Did he talk about her, miss her just as much as she had him? It was something she'd never doubted before, and now that too had changed. Even with it all explained, this whole pack thing had seriously rocked her world, not to mention...

Her gaze drifted past Saga's silver features once more, attempting to discern the much smaller shapes dwelling within.

"Are they... are they asleep?"

She slowly lowered her body down to the ground, laying at the entrance rather than continuing to hover over it. Resting her muzzle atop her paws, she looked back to her... sister-in-law? friend, acquaintance?

"... who are they? Can you tell me about them?"

Hudson had of course spoken of them, but he'd only been awake for so long. Even if they weren't quite yet ready to be seen, she still wanted to get to know them in some way.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Sága Tainn

Saga couldn't help but smile at the woman's curiosity. She'd struggled a lot with the fact that the cubs might never get a chance to know their family, and while the wolves of the Chasm seemed more than willing to help fill those roles, the silver wolf couldn't help but feel that her children might be missing out since her own family had been such an integral part of her life up until the moment the ugly, naked creatures stole her away.

"Mm-hmm. Do you want to see them?" Her voice was quiet as she shifted, trying her best not to disturb the children while allowing their aunt to take a peek.

This one here," She said, pointing her maw towards the oldest, "is Marrah, and Aweho, and Caelyn." Her head bobbed to each of the boys respectively. "Marrah almost never whines, Caelyn is always hungry, and Aweho never sleeps in the middle." She expected all of those things to change as they grew, but since they were so small there wasn't much else she could say.

Deceased
Woya Macieo
Woya nodded briefly but enthusiastically at the offer, creeping just a few inches closer to better view inside. The names alone melted her heart, so familiar in such a foreign place, just as their mother's title. The sight of their little backs rising and falling as they slumbered caused her eyes to mist, the best truth sinking in. She loved them, dearly.

She blinked away the would-be tears as Saga continued, giving perfect little tidbits about each child.

"It's stupid how cute they are," was all she could manage, trying not to let on to being emotional despite how evident it was. Woya cleared her throat and wiggled back out of the den's maw before sitting up.

"... thank you."
Inactive II. Subordinate
Sága Tainn

Saga couldn't help but smile. She'd never felt so safe, so secure. She had Huddy, Rhae, Adelard, and now Woya. It felt right, like all of the pieces were somehow able to fit perfectly together after months of uncertainty and fear. Her children would grow up in the Chasm wanting for nothing and she wouldn't have to worry, because she wasn't alone.

"I know. It doesn't even feel real sometimes, but I can't stop staring at them." She watched as Woya pulled herself from the den. "I'm just glad you're here." She answered, unable to accept the woman's thanks. The children were Woya's nieces and nephews after all.