492 Users Online
Google, Bing

My Own Worst Enemy — Wildflower Glade 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
For@Scully

She'd been away from Scully for a small stretch exploring other parts of the lore. Many she'd visited before but that seemed like so long ago now. She hadn't found much sign of others roaming the once familiar lands. Everything was now so overgrown and at times slightly difficult to maneuver. Avella had found her way and eventually her brothers scent. 

As she picked it up and started to follow it she wondered what he might have found. There would be much to talk about once she had caught up to him. 

Thankfully it hadn't taken her as long as she thought it might. When she was close she began calling out his name hoping he would appear sooner rather than later. 

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 231 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Scully Archer
The wind worked against Scully, taking his scent from him and likewise keeping Avella's at bay. It was her voice, calling his name, that broke through into his attention. Tail springing into a joyous wag, the Archer did not hesitate to drop what he'd been doing and rush toward the sound of his sister's voice.

The wildflowers were verdant and easily plowed over by his lanky form. When he reached the thickets' edge he stopped, a whine of excitement leaking from his jaws. He barked, calling out to let her know that he was over here!
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
She couldn't catch his scent once she reached the thicket. It was clear to her now why it was called that. She couldn't see anything ahead of her through the vegetation. She just hoped that he could hear her calls. Her steps were made carefully as sge ducked under a low hanging branch.

Finally she heard his bark calling to her. She couldn't move quickly but she made her way in his direction. Her mismatched gaze finally landed on his silver and black figure. "Sorry it took me so long to return," she apologized. "How did you find your way to this place?"
Scully Archer
It took a few moments, but then he could see her mottle face through the choking thicket brush. He yipped again, happily, tail arcing high over his back with joy as it wagged. As soon as she emerged, he pulled her into a brief, wolfish hug.

"It's okay," he responded, though he had certainly missed her. He always did.

"I followed someone else's scent. There're these two wolves, holed up somewhere around here. Don't know what they're hiding though."
(This post was last modified: Sep 14, 2021, 06:27 PM by Scully.)
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella was finally glad to have found her brother. Though she couldn't figure out why he would want to explore the thicket. Moving toward his voice had been difficult but she'd made it. He pulled her into a wolfish hug right away, she hugged him back.

She smiled when he told her it was okay that she'd been gone so long. She hadn't meant to be of course but she'd had a few things on her mind since their last conversation.

"Maybe we can find them together?" She suggested, "They might be closer than we think and easy to find." She didn't want to be there any longer than necessary but maybe something would come out of it.
Scully Archer
Scully looked over his shoulder, as though the wolves they spoke of might be just out of sight.

"I've been trying for days actually, their trails make no sense and I've yet to find any kind of den site."

It was clear it frustrated him a little bit, but he'd also just about given up. Whatever they had couldn't be worth this much trouble, could it?

"I dunno. Maybe we should just finally bite the rattler and head to the Ridge."
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella followed her brothers gaze as he looked over his shoulder. She wondered if he'd heard something that would indicate someone or something would be upon them soon. Then he spoke of the wolves again. 

"Thats odd. I mean you would think their trails would lead somewhere especially to a den site." She couldn't figure out what was going on. It would be nice to find those wolves. Maybe they could convince them to join them. 

She'd heard the frustration in his voice so what he said next wasn't that surprising. "You might be right. Maybe we'll find some others on the way." At least she hoped they would. 
Scully Archer
Her musings echoed his own thoughts, but the difference was that he'd already been here for days attempting to unravel the puzzle. At this point, it was starting to make him feel pretty stupid, and he hated being made to feel that way. After all, how great could the rewards really be? The philosopher's stone was a myth, and what pack needed two assholes that couldn't piss in straight lines?

Nah, giving up was the better choice.

"I think there's a pack somewhere around the Heart. We should start seeing more wolves soon I think."

It was meant as encouragement; they had agreed on the other side of the Lore to start seeking recruits, and Scully hadn't so much as given an invitation yet.

"I take it you didn't run into anyone either?"
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella's thoughts were still on the wolves that her brother had been tracking. However, it was clear that they probably wouldn't be running into them anytime soon. So any ideas she'd had about them joining her and Scully were probably pointless. It was also clear that her brother felt those exact sentiments when he mentioned a pack near the heart. 

"Then we should make our way there. Besides it wouldn't hurt to get to know the packs near the Ridge." 

Avella wanted to do everything right so that they could make their parents and Aunt Ravenna proud. They would need Allies in the future and most importantly if they could find some wolves who weren't committed to a pack maybe it would be the start of theirs.

She shook her head at Scully's question. "No, but surely there have to be some that need a home. Winter will be coming soon enough."
Scully Archer
It was kind of a relief to hear that she hadn't met anyone either, because at least it wasn't just him mucking things up and Avella doing all the real work. That would be a shitty way to start off. He needed to make sure it didn't end up that way, either; he would need to start trying harder to find members soon.

Like his sister said, there should be vagrants seeking shelter for the Winter. It was likely they would need help too, however. They could certainly try making it through on their own, but bad Winters were haunting memories to Ridge wolves.

"I'm down, let's hit 'em up," he voiced his agreement and set into motion, happy to lead the way and be of some use to his sibling.