(See All?) Announcements
701 Users Online
Bing, Google, Mouseling

achilles, come down — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan listened, and had to agree pretty strongly with the younger wolf's mother. It certainly was true for him, and for pretty much every other wolf he'd ever met. Community was vital for them to thrive. As for the answer to his own question, and the pursuant description of the other's brother, it caused Chan to chuckle good-naturedly.

"Sounds like a great trip," he replied earnestly; at least the two siblings didn't bore each other, eh?

"Has it lived up to your expectations so far?"

Any moment now, a trained or familiar eye would be able to pick out the berry-bearing bushes amongst the tree trunks appearing up ahead.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Tasha who has 29 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Landen Stark
You said you'll never be forgiven 'til your boys are too

Even now, being on this adventure, he missed his parents. There was a part of him that would always be wherever the rest of his family was, but he needed this adventure. He needed this coming of age moment where he went out and explored the world. He grinned and nodded because it certainly had been a great trip so far. “Yup, jus’ a little tricky sometimes keepin’ up with him.” Leith certainly had a knack for disappearing as well, but he had always managed to find him because apparently he was his brothers keeper.

Had it lived up to his expectations so far? It was a question he had never really considered before, but he nodded. “S’different than Ah thought it would be… but Ah think it ‘as.” He decided finally before the berry bush came into a sight and he lit up, carefully moving over to it as he worked on breaking off a bushel from the branches. He didn’t need many, just enough in case of an emergency. He did his best to keep a small supply with him wherever he and his brother went just in case, though it could be tricky transporting from time to time.

“What’s yer story? Are ya on an adventure too?” He asked, muffled through the bushel hanging from his mouth.

Landen is travelling with Leith and Legolas
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
"Good," Chan answered with earnesty, genuinely glad for the younger wolf. The Eastfall loved to here that things were working out for others, unexpected or not. Sounded like his brother kept him on his toes, but it had taken him in a good direction nonetheless; maybe they were a beneficial balance for one another.

He couldn't help but wonder for how long he would be a benefit to @Nash. Regardless of how he felt about others, Chan felt confident his use here would draw to a definite close sooner than later. It's how 'home' had always felt, after all.

"On a break from adventurin', actually," he answered the question after watching the other wolf retrieve their desired yield.

"My family ran into trouble here too, so we're rebuilding now. My mom and brother still love it here."
Inactive No Rank
Landen Stark

Landen felt intrigued by the man, and also quite a kindred feeling as well. He started to explain that he was actually on a break from adventuring and Landen hummed. A knack for adventuring was probably why he felt drawn to him, like he could relate. “Ah don’t blame ya.” He stated with a shrug, his mouth somewhat full from what he was carrying in his mouth. He set it down again to talk fully.

“If it were ma family then Ah woulda done th’same thing.” He assured him, because while he adored adventure, family was everything to him. “Mah family is so big Ah dunno what they would do with ‘nother healer ‘round, but Ah would ‘ave stayed until Ah knew they were okay.” He had been raised to think that family was important above all else thank you very much.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
The younger wolf didn't hesitate to proclaim that he would've made the same choices, prioritizing his family over his own desires. Chan smiled, offering a pleasant "right?" in agreement. Noticing that he had to keep shifting around the florae he'd just gathered, the older man stepped forward and gathered some up within his own two rows of teeth.

"How 'bout I help you carry these?" he spoke around them best he could. After all, he had the time to spare, and it really didn't make sense to just watch Landen when he was perfectly capable of joining & assisting.
Inactive No Rank
Landen Stark

Landen was relieved to be around a like-minded individual. He had been family oriented for so long that it just seemed right. The question came and he offered a hum, a soft nod to show that he would appreciate the help with a small smile daring to lilt his features. “S’Ah long haul.” He had to scale his way back down the mountain. “Might be easier ta find ‘nother way ta carry ‘em?” He suggested, wondering if he could rig some manner to carry herbs that was easier. In his home there had been a way with some big leaves and effectively bundling them, not that he ever carried them that far… but he doubted to have such good luck on the mountainside.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
While Chan wasn't opposed to helping Landen all the way down the mountain's side, he could understand the desire for self-efficiency. Setting the wintergreen stalks back down he looked around, hoping to see something in the scenery that would give him an idea.

"I've known packs that use skins to like, hold and drag things," he mused aloud, "but we don't have anything like that here..."

Maybe they could break some bark off in a large enough piece? That would be better for smooth terrain rather scaling this turbulent land. Chan was at a loss, and smiled sheepishly back at his new friend. He was coming up empty.
(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2021, 05:20 AM by Chan.)
Inactive No Rank
Landen Stark

Landen smiled softly at the suggestion and nodded. “Ah used ‘em back in ma old pack… but Ah don’t got none ‘ta carry round with me.” He admitted, sheepish about the fact that he was so ill-prepared for the expedition he had made. This was a problem that he should have considered sooner. He sniffed around, looking for some kind of solution. “Ah might be able ta tuck some between m’toes?” He didn’t even know if that would work as he had never done it before, but it was certainly something they could try and it would likely stay fairly well too.

“Ah don’t need much anyway… it’s just me n’my brothers.” Really, chances were he would need it more for Leith than he would for Leander.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's ears twitched upward as Landen expressed he was familiar with the practice. It was good to know that more and more packs were utilizing tools. A widening of his smile soon joined, and a chuckle slipped from his jaws as the younger wolf suggested he use his paws in a rather creative manner. The image alone, materializing quickly and easily within his mind, gave him great mirth.

"I really don't mind walkin' down with ya. I've been meanin' to check for herds in the forests anyways."

The pack wouldn't miss him, not for just a day or two. He scooped up as much as he could without waiting for permission; he didn't want Landen refusing his help just on principal. When it was all gathered, they could head down to wherever the other wolf wanted to stock these, and then Chan would feel good about parting ways.

/Fade
(This post was last modified: Oct 08, 2021, 07:00 PM by Chan.)