(See All?) Announcements
714 Users Online
Google, Finley

what will tomorrow bring — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Molo who has 471 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
There was no spoken answer to his softly worded inquiry, which Jet believed was explanation enough. It seemed reasonable that everyone ought to have the opportunity to find happiness - whatever that looked like - but unreasonable to believe everyone was actually afforded that. So.. it was that simple, but it also wasn’t.

His own upbringing would be evidence enough that not everyone was so fortunate. Except he had been fortunate enough to find another chance. And.. that was it. Chan was glad he’d be around and thought the others would be too. That statement sent a whirlwind of odd, but rather agreeable emotions through him. The dark one blinked a few times in surprise and amazement but quickly issued a nod. ”Thank you. I won’t let anyone down.”

And that was probably about all he could manage, for the moment. Chan offered to go find a pelt at that, a statement Jethro agreed to with another slight tip of his nose, before settling back on the ground. ”Yah. Sounds good.” As it were, a moment to gather his thoughts would be welcome, anyway.
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan smiled at the promise, despite believing that it was one which Jethro didn't actually have a lot of control over. He appreciated the younger wolf's intentions and demeanor nonetheless. With Jet's approval he bounded off and into the hollow that served as the pack's main den. It didn't take more than a few scant minutes to return with a deer pelt held firm in his jaws. Once back in the other man's presence, he dropped and nosed open the fur for Jethro to investigate if desired.

The edges were ragged, crudely cut and peeled away from the carcass by wolf teeth. A thin layer of viscera and meat still clung to the inverse side of the skin in patches where Chan had yet to get to.

"If you clean the muscle and fat away, and then keep it dry, it won't rot. The quicker its done, like same day, the more ideal, but obviously I don't have the time to clean hides all day. I've been told brain matter will like, keep moisture out for good. You can also scrape away the fur, and the longer you leave them in the sun the harder they become, givin' 'em even more uses."
(This post was last modified: Sep 09, 2021, 07:20 PM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Jethrᴏ Kane
The Cove’s leader offered him a smile, and then he was jogging off elsewhere to retrieve a skin, as promised. And that was that. Never had he thought joining another group would be so easy, much less that he’d want to. Maybe it was better not to question whatever had been the cause of this recent abundance of good fortune, though. Rather, he should just accept it. See how long it lasted, and enjoy the ride. There was one more individual he needed to thank, though, just as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

Chan was back quickly with a pelt in possession, which he placed upon the ground and nudged open, similar to those Jet had seen originally. It was clear this one was not as close to the finished state as what they’d used for their journey, though, and the dark one leaned in to inspect it while the Cove alpha offered what he knew.

It had to have taken an incredible amount of patience to carefully peel away the hide prior to consuming a kill, even more so to continue to clean it after the fact. Curiously, brain matter would apparently protect them against moisture, too. He wasn’t sure of the opinion of Chan or others on the subject, but Jethro did not have any issue with cracking open the skull of some prey animal to test that.

Intrigued, Jethro sat back up, bringing his gaze to face the other again. ”I could try workin’ on ‘em. Start with one, see how I do, and if it goes good, set some time aside each day ‘till whatever you’ve got is good to go. Give you more time for.. other things,” he offered with a shrug. He was eager to try it and even more so to have some kind of specialized, specific duty beyond just.. hunting or patrolling.
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan sat back onto his haunches once more as his pack mate checked out the pelt. When Jet spoke again, it was to offer help, making his elder smile once again.

"That'd be great," he agreed with a nod, "even if we run outta uses, other packs will appreciate them too."

Like the Backwater. To Chan, it only made sense to extend something's life and utility, if practical, before letting it waste and return to the Earth. Not that decomposers didn't need to eat too, but they weren't exactly lacking in meal opportunities either.

"This one can be yours. Once you've spent a bit of time on it, you'll find it's easier than it looks. Just time consuming."

His ears picked up then, hearing a bark elsewhere in the woods, and for a moment Chan was alert and ready to go. Nothing followed, however, and he settled once more.

"Thanks for helpin', Jet."

we can archive whenever you're ready <3
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Jethrᴏ Kane
The other agreed to his proposal with a nod, before stating that other packs would appreciate them, too. They had left those two with that other pack, hadn’t they? Jethro was not quite so sure he was fond of the idea. He had simply assumed he’d be keeping what he made here, for the residents of the Cove. But.. peace offerings, or alliance-building of that sort, with the giving of a gift, had their place, too.

He did have in mind someone he hoped to provide such a gift for. As soon as he was good at the craft. ”Right. That’s a good idea, too,” he admitted with a contemplative nod. Jet wondered, perhaps, if he could take on the role of scout, or adventurer, in the future. Whatever it was called. For now, though, he was going to make sure he was present and useful here.

For now, he’d work on this one. Chan echoed his earlier thoughts, too. The process didn’t look terribly difficult, only time consuming. A call from somewhere out on the horizon echoed to them, just then. The dark one tensed, readying to pursue it, but a look towards the Cove alpha revealed he didn’t seem particularly concerned, so he let himself relax.

”With any luck, I’ve got nothin’ but time. Imma get started now. And if there’s anythin’ else ya want me to do, or help with, just say it.” Unless it had to do with watching kids. But even that duty, he found he was not as opposed to as he’d been weeks ago. Whatever they needed. ”Thank you, too. For welcomin’ me as you have.”

--will go ahead and archive here!
(This post was last modified: Sep 11, 2021, 04:43 PM by Jethro.)