(See All?) Announcements
506 Users Online
Bing, Eclypse

Hunters day — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Wolfsi who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Neo Hervok
Between it all, Vinnie's yelp, and his own adrenaline Neo was more than ready to pursue the vermin as it fleed the scene. Yet he remained standing firm and guarded with his hackles raised and his lips pulled back a snarl still echoing from his chest. Though he soon lowered his lips tongue dashing over the side of his muzzle as his fur smoothed down and he turned his head to look at Vinnie. Was she okay? He could smell her blood in the air and he tilted his head worry in his eyes but also pride and warmth. She'd done it, she'd faced the raging torrent and still remained standing. "You okay?" he finally asked moving towards her trying to get a look at her neck where the vermin had gotten a bite in. He hoped it wasn't too bad but Vinnie was stronger than she looked he was sure she'd be okay... if not he'd find her a healer... hell he'd find her ten. He'd made a promise to protect her and he would no matter what.
Neo Hervok
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D

Sorry, it so short... muse is being mean
[Image: cooltext374258582980156.png]
Played by Flywolf33 who has 50 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bellavinne Sevak

Doing this "Talking about it"

As the coyote fled and Neo settled down, Vinnie turned to him with a huge grin. He tail wagged behind her and a fierce pride - something she was incredibly unfamiliar with - pulsed in her chest as she realized what she'd just done. "Did you see that? Did you see what I did she asked.

She stood patiently as he looked her over, shaking herself to help her fur settle. "I'm okay. I've had worse; it didn't get me bad." She'd received much worse, really, at the teeth of her father and other packmates. It almost made her wonder why she'd been so frightened in the first place. "What about you?" she asked, sniffing Neo's shoulder where the coyote had bitten him. "I know a bit about healing; it was the one thing I was good for growing up."

Inactive No Rank
Neo Hervok

Neo hummed in light laughter by Vinnie's words her excitement for her achievements. It was a fair reaction and he nodded his head pulling back as she reassured him she was fine. That she hadn't been hurt too bad at least not compared to the past. The Blond Hervok wasn't sure what to think of her statement. Part of him didn't doubt she was talking about her family while another wished she wasn't. No one should suffer abuse from their own family. "I'll help you clean it if you can't reach it properly" he offered a smile on his lips, even if it wasn't bad caring for your wounds and body was an important part of growing strong.

As she asked about him he grunted the attention from her had him focus on it to which left an itchy and dull pain to echo from the wound through his still adrenaline heavy body. He'd feel it tomorrow but as long as he could keep it clean it should be okay right? "It's not too bad, got a good chomp but I'll be fine" he informed her with a smile but nodded his head a thankful look to his face as Vinnie told him she knew how to heal. "A healer's attention would be most welcome" he offered with a slightly teasing tone before becoming a bit more serious watching her carefully as she sniffed his shoulder "Being able to heal isn't just something your good for Vinnie. Healers are an important part of any pack. Being able to heal is a great and valuable skill to most wolves be it pack wolves or loners." his tone was kind if not a bit surprised. Had her pack not valued its healers? What kind of nut job was her dad to not see that healers were essential for any pack their skills something to nourish and keep safe.

Neo Hervok
(This post was last modified: Jun 17, 2021, 10:08 AM by Neo.)
Inactive No Rank
Bellavinne Sevak

Doing this "Talking about it"

Examining the wound, Vinnie was pleased to find that Neo was right and it wasn't as bad as it had looked during the fight. Without thinking to ask, she began cleaning it. It didn't take long, and by the time Neo was done explaining the pack value of healers, she had sat back to stretch her neck and assess her own bite.

"We can find some herbs tomorrow; it's not bad enough to be particularly urgent tonight. Besides," she glanced at their hard-won meal, "We've got food to eat before anything else shows up to claim it for themselves." She grinned at him. "I don't know about you, but I'm starving!"

She knew she should probably address what he said about healers, but she took a large bite of the carcass to give herself time to think. Her father had, to an extent, valued her role as a healer. There was a reason she took care to cultivate her knowledge of herbs. "I think the only reason my father didn't kill me or drive me out was because of my skill as a healer," she finally murmured, not looking up at Neo. She knew he was going to be mad; but at least he wouldn't be mad at her. It felt good, knowing that she could rely on that. "It's the only reason he might want me back in the pack at all." She wasn't sure what would be worse; running into family members under orders to kill her for desertion, or having them try to drag her back home.

It didn't really matter either way; she'd already firmly decided she was never going back.

Inactive No Rank
Neo Hervok

Neo was surprised? When Vinnie suddenly started cleaning his wound and flinched a bit but didn't pull away. When she finally stopped and seemed to assess her own bruises he listened to her explain and nodded his head. "I'll help, if anything I can carry the herbs for you," he said partially joking as he has absolutely no idea what herbs should be used for cuts or any other medical stuff. He coulæd clean a wound, yes, but that was also it. When Vinnie turned her attention to the food Neo smiled and huffed in a short laugh "Yes let's eat"

The blond hervok didn't say anything as they took their first bites out of the carcass. Vinnie hadn't really said anything to his word on a healer's importance and he hoped he hadn't made it sound like she was only important because she was a healer. Though she seemed to intend to touch the subject as she cleared her mouth. The truth, as ugly and cruel as it was didn't really surprise him. Despite his former belief that her dad was just a brute with no brains, the monster didn't sound like that what she'd said in the past. It was disgusting, her family was disgusting and he really wished he could just take it all away from her. Make her not have to carry that past with her. But he didn't grow angry at first at least not obviously. What brushed his fur the wrong way were her words on wanting her back.

"You're never going back there" he said his words low and slightly rumbled from his throat. As much as Neo had tried not to make decisions for her, as much as he'd wanted her to grow he couldn't just accept that. He couldn't accept that she would even consider there was a chance with or without her consent she could go back. No... Never..... Neo wouldn't allow that, couldn't accept it, wouldn't.........

"No matter what I'm going to keep you safe and you won't ever have to be hurt by them again," he said looking at her with his multicolored gaze a soft smile on his lips though he wasn't sure if it was genuine or forced to try and clear his mind from the anger and turmoil he felt when her family was brought up. He didn't wanna hate them, didn't wanna hurt them but damn he would if they ever showed up... No matter what he thought or believed when it came to second chances and seeing the better in wolves he wasn't sure he'd be ablæe to do that for them...

Neo Hervok
(This post was last modified: Jul 04, 2021, 10:48 AM by Neo.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A warren of rabbits is hidden under a nearby tree. +3 Health
Inactive No Rank
Bellavinne Sevak
Vinnie took another mouthful of food, carefully keeping an eye on the vegetation around them for any sign of trouble. That didn't stop her from smiling up at Neo.

"I didn't leave on purpose, but... Whatever happened to me, I'm glad. I'll never go back with them; they'd have to kill me first." she paused. "I know you wouldn't let them, though," she added.

Taking another bite of their stolen meal, Vinnie once again swelled with pride. "I don't think I'll let them either. Not anymore."
Inactive No Rank
Neo Hervok
Neo hummed in agreement and appreciation of her words as his mouth was full of food. She was right she would never have to go back and yes he would never let them kill her... No one would, he would keep her safe and she'd grow to be the kind of wolf she wanted and he knew she could be. She was already so much stranger than when they first meet. This weary meal they were sharing was the proof of it. The marbled Hervok was proud and happy his belly steadily filling with meat as they ate. He wanted to talk about hunting food together for their next meal, to help further push what she had gained today. But for now, he'd eat and maybe sleep once they got back to the orchard.

-fade-
Neo Hervok
(This post was last modified: Jul 17, 2021, 05:17 PM by Neo.)