(See All?) Announcements
852 Users Online
Apollo, Google, Claw, Bing, Juniper, Vasco

quick shot
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 850 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall
Random Event: Sanguine Cove, a deer herd is migrating through your territory. Chan is howling for anyone available to join him in the hunt, there will be no IC repercussions for not participating. @Aleister @Moonshadow @Nash @Aquene @Kip @Landen @Nori @Jethro

Chan stalked the ridges of the valley, watching over the Cove from above. Aleister had fallen ill, to the point he was physically unable to carry the demands of leadership. Much hadn't seemed to change, though, except that the man in question was no longer witnessed stalking among the forests, den-bound instead. The pack continued to chug along smoothly, everyone aware of what was needed from them and not shy about providing. Maybe he'd be lucky, and it would all just stay the same until their alpha healed.

Movement from the South caught his eye, and he turned his head to look upon a herd of deer, tentative and tightly packed together as they picked their way through the forest. It wasn't unheard of for the ungulates to come through and attempt to settle around the lake, but they never made it up in such a large group before. They must've ventured the Heights, and at least one of them had decided they wanted to explore the mountain rather than scale back down to the opposing woodlands, drawing the others with them. Bad move.

Chan tipped back his head, and howled. He called to the wolves below, alerting them of the prey waltzing directly into their territory. The mass of deer froze together and huddled, unnerved but also unknowing how to escape the threat. This would be easy pickings for the wolves of the Cove. Chan took off, leaving the bluffs and descending into the valley's forests. His ears pressed forward, he listened for communication from others, for any kind of sign that he wasn't alone in this effort. Even if the prey was absolutely dumbstruck, he'd be no match without help.
(This post was last modified: Jul 16, 2021, 09:49 PM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 588 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash was incredibly worried about Aleister, as his illness progressed and Chan stepped in as alpha for the time being. He was proud of his older brother for doing so, of course, but hoped Aleister would be better soon. He had two litters of pups to be a father to, after all.

So, in his concern, Nash wandered more than ever, occasionally checking in on the mothers and their wandering children.

Today was no different. Up with the sun, and pacing the borders. He was just getting ready to check the caches when Chan's call reached his ears and Nash stood up straight. A hunt.

Nervous excitement flooded the youngest Eastfall's body and he immediately tipped his head back to return the call and boost his brother's message before making haste in that direction. It didn't take him long to pick up Chan's trail and start after him. He could see the deer, huddled together in fear and confusion.

Good food for the pups and, hopefully, it wouldn't be a challenge for the hunters.

Played by Tasha who has 340 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

They had certainly been working in shifts, between caring for Kateri and tending to Aleister and keeping their heads above water. Having her cousin around to assist with the healing had come to help a great deal, and she was often able to send him out to fetch herbs from beyond the mountain so she did not have to wander too far. He was out at the moment, travelling down to the base of the mountain to find other herbs that were not native to the altitude that the Cove resided on, and as a result she was splitting her time between her child and the father of her child. The call came, and her ears perked. It would be a nice break.

She made her way towards the call, the faintest hints of how tired she truly was pulling at her features, though she would not let it deter her from the quest at hand. She arrived, offering a bow of greeting to both Chan and Nash. “I’ve sent Landen down the mountain base for some herbs for Aleister.” She informed him, because it was a new development and as the acting leader while Aleister was ill, he needed to know that Landen might be gone for as long as a couple of days.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

The inky woman felt a sad sense of deja vu. Aleister had fallen sick and Chan had stepped up as alpha until he recovered. It seemed like the universe had a funny sense of humor. History repeating itself with the next generation, despite calling a new cove home. Never mind the ebony woman would do her best to help in everyway she could. She had just checked on the pups and was on her way to check on the borders when Chans voice rang trough the trees. He was calling them for a hunt, a herd of deer had made their way up the mountain. Without a moments waste Nash's voice too rung out alerting his brother he was on his way. A wide smile pulled her inky lips up as her silver dusted banner begun to wave rapidly. Raising her muzzle to the sky Moonshadow let out a call of her own. She was on her way.

Excitement coursed through her veins, giving her an extra pep in her step. Large inky paws moved at a quick trot as her coal nose followed the scent of her eldest, which eventually mingled with her second youngest, and then that with the cove's youngest new mother. Four of them could easily take down a decent sized prey, though she knew with more they'd have even better chance. Either way Moonshadow was excited for this, she felt as if this was something she needed.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Chan Eastfall
Nash's own song reached Chan as he descended into the forest, and it wasn't much longer before both his brother and Aquene met him. To the news she brought, Chan gave the young woman a nod and a "thank you," thankful for the umpteenth time that the pack had been blessed with such responsible and hard working healers.

Then he was off again, leading them toward the herd. They wouldn't stay stunned and puzzled forever, after all. He heard their mother's call then, and sounded out once more to update her on their position. It would update the deer as well, but Chan couldn't see them successfully evacuating the full herd before the wolves had their chance to attack.

He trusted that Moonshadow would join them quickly, and when they would the wolves would work on instinct rather than need to be told what to do. Simply because of the concerns Nash had previously expressed to his older brother, Chan would keep an eye on him and Aquene both and provide guidance if he felt it was needed. His mother he of course knew had plenty of experience and would know where to insert herself.

The woods were starting to clear, and beyond them he could see the deer moving through tall, waving grasses.

Chan is taking a very hands off approach, please free feel to control the prey & choose your character's role!
(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2021, 07:28 PM by Chan.)
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash was nervous, but he did his best not to show it. He and Chan had practiced, and Nash had been able to successfully hunt with that rude stranger outside the territory, even if it had ended in a fight. He would keep an eye on the others and take their cues; he was decently fast and if he needed to head off any escapees or drive a deer towards another hunter, he was ready to do so.

Not that he wouldn't take an opening to attack if one presented itself.

He felt even better when his mother arrived. He knew she would have his back. Excitement surged through him a s he picked up his pace. A proper pack hunt!

Played by Tasha who has 340 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

While Aquene liked to think she was decent in a hunt, she truly didn’t know. Her home pack was truly more polarized, and so she had taken to mainly healing tasks. She hunted on occasion, but it had been large enough that she hadn’t really needed to participate. It was a different structure, but she was fairly certain she preferred this structure. She liked being equally involved in everything, as much as she could at least.

She simply smiled at Chan’s ‘thank you’, nodding in return. They did the best they could in order to keep up with the demand, especially with Aleister ill like he was. She followed him off, hearing Moonshadow’s response as well. She followed along as quietly as she could. When she had participated in hunts, she was usually a chaser, and didn’t get involved in the take-down in case of injury, that way she could treat anything that might arise, be it a stray kick or an injury on the run.

Either way, she planned to take up the same role, looking to Chan for a signal as she prepared for the pack hunt, the excitement hard to hide both on her face and on her body.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Sorry about the wait yall!

Salt and peppered maw smiled at each of them at she joined with her family. Her eyes looked forwards as they crept through the forest. Soon enough the herd of deer began to appear through the trees. They were walking at a calm rate, but were on high alert since they can clearly smell the pack. Slowing her pace Moon began to study the herd trying to pick out a good target. Her silver dusted ears flicked back momentarily as she realized her eye sight wasnt as sharp as it once was at a distance. She was having a much harder time differentiating individuals among the herd. She looked to @Chan hoping he would be able choose a target.

She turned to trot her way along with the herd so that she would be closer to the front. Her large frame was far more equipped for take downs that for long chases. And while she was not as confident in her long distance vision she was still fully confident in her ability to still be able to be successful in a hunt.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Chan Eastfall
They fell into place around one another while skirting the herd. As no one else appeared to zero in and move on a particular target, Chan took it upon himself to do so; an elderly doe that didn't appear as concerned as the rest. He felt he could see a kind of placid resignation in her eyes. The orange-dappled wolf broke cover and charged at the deer closest to her, aiming to wedge himself between the herd and his prey. Hopefully, the others would startle away and abandon the senior to her fate.

Undoubtedly, the others would have his back regardless.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
The pack seemed to move as one as they approached the herd, Moon trotting off to find a different angle. Nash watched her for a moment, slightly concerned for his mother, but he quickly returned his attention to the task at hand. The herd was starting to shift nervously as the wolves approached. Nash knew the moment Chan settled on a target, and tensed just in time for his older brother to lead the charge.

Nash followed, circling around the other side to mirror Chan's attempt; he didn't want the doe to get separated from one group just to join up with another in her flight from the alpha. He bared his teeth, growling and the startled animals, spooking them into scattering. He'd lost sight of his mother and Aquene, so he could only hope they knew what they were doing.