686 Users Online
Google

stuck in my ways like old fashioned days — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 305 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
what i really need now is a double shot of crown

Vayko was relieved that they did have a number of wolves under their charge, even if with it came responsibility for keeping that many more alive. It was something he had known would fall on his and his cousin’s shoulders. He wasn’t a fool and he hadn’t thought leading would be easy… he just hadn’t quite expected things to get this hard this fast was all. The statement came as more of a question and he shook his head in response. “We were fortunate enough that most of the territory remained untouched by the flooding.” He answered back to soothe the worries that outright came with the statement at hand.

He listened to Chan’s words. Perhaps he shouldn’t be telling the man all of this, but if he was to be allies, if their packs were to be allies… sharing such information would not hurt them.“I think that would be advantageous for both of us… our main healer is one of the mothers… I doubt she’ll have the time like she used to in order to track down herbs so any help we can get in that area would be much appreciated. We can offer the plants from the creek area.” He certainly felt comfortable making that promise to him, and had the authority to do so though he would no doubt call for his cousin after his return in order to fill him in as well.

Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Ah, here was a similarity between their situations once more; the Cove's sole healer too was the one infirmed by pregnancy. Chan felt confident in taking up some parts of that role, but he certainly wasn't a medical expert by any means. Yes, this would definitely be good for them all.

"We're down a healer too right now, but I can personally attend to gathering supplies to bring to you, no problem. We've got plenty of wintergreen and whitebark, green ginger; lots of useful stuff."

Vayko could trust him, he supposed he was trying to communicate. Chan knew what he was doing and what he was promising. Even if @Aleister wasn't okay with joint hunting efforts, the Eastfall could at least donate the efforts of his own spare time and bring them florae.

"I'll talk with Aleister once I'm home, but depending on when our own litter hits I might not be able to make it back until after the whelping weeks."
(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2021, 05:55 AM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

They were down a healer as well. He offered to personally attend to gathering supplies, trading them back and forth and Vayko nodded with interest. “I’m no medical expert, and I won’t pretend to know what any of those herbs do… but I can conference with Clover. I’m sure she can teach me a few things so I can bring herbs back in turn.” He offered, not at all bashful about his lack of knowledge. He had never trained fully on it and for that reason he would not be ashamed.

Aleister. The leader, that was right. “I completely understand.” He offered at the mention of whelping weeks. “Our duties are to our own packs first, and an alliance second. Children are a lifeblood and I imagine my cousin’s litters will keep us enough on our toes that we’ll be quite hectically busy as well.”

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Clover. The familiar name caused Chan's ears to tilt forward and a sparkle of recognition to show in his eyes.

"I know a Clover, was wonderin' if she was a part of your pack," he mused aloud with a thin by toothy smile as the tips of his fangs peaked past his black lips.

Was she pregnant then? Good for her, if so! he thought.

Alliance. Chan's tail wagged at the word, glad they were on such a promising track. The stronger he left the Cove, the better he could feel about being gone, after all.

"Absolutely," he agreed, then added; "I'm glad you and your family are the ones who settled here."

Anyone could have come and settled, including pushy or abrasive or greedy wolves. Chan was thankful for Vayko's neighborliness.

"You got a moment to eat, or do you need to be back to the grind?"
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

His head tilted to the side at the mention of him knowing Clover. How curious. The interaction must have occurred after the pack was formed based on how he spoke of it. “You’ve bumped into her? Fur as white as snow? A very docile lady.” He offered his idea of her base description.

He didn’t miss the way that Chan’s tail wagged at the word and he grinned back in response. He nodded at the words. Vayko personally was fond of his neighbors, sometimes more so than certain members of his own pack, but that was generally because he was not subjected to stupid decisions made by his neighbors whereas the wolves of his pack were his monkeys in his circus.

“I have a moment to spare if you do.” He admitted with a grin because he would never say no to a meal with a plan.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's head bobbed along to the description, fitting what little he'd known of the woman. Even concerned about the well being of others, she had not been outright panicked and had conversed easily with himself and his brother, lending much credibility to the docile part.

He certainly felt much more at ease than he had before Vayko had appeared, no longer preoccupied with any sort of dread.

"Great," he replied, angling toward the direction from which he had come.

"I crossed a warren not too far back, should be easy pickin'."

With that, he led the way.