487 Users Online
Google

rivers and roads to you — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
For @Moonshadow only.

Now that he'd discussed with @Nash, Chan figured he might as well approach their mother about a similar subject. He sought her out amongst the lake's forests, following her scent once he picked it up. He imagined this was a tree he wouldn't be the first to bark up, and that it was even possible that Moonshadow and @Aleister had already established the working relationship that Chan envisioned.

He'd learned his lesson about assuming, however. And hey, maybe his mom didn't even want it. Now was the time for him to find out.

"Hey mom?" he called out, nearing where he believed her to be.

"You got a minute?"
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

The large onyx woman moved easily through the trees of their lake home, moving in no particular direction. Today she just wanted to take a walk, to savor the weather and enjoy their home. She wasnt surprised to come across Chan's scent nor when she heard him call out to her. Her inky lips pulled up into a smile that revealed her teeth. Her silver dusted banner lifted and wagged as she turned towards where he had called from. His agouti frame came into view as he asked if she had a minute. Mercury eyes looked over her eldest son, pride swelling within her. She was so proud of him for stepping up for Aleister until he recovers from his illness. "Of course love, what's up?" She replied with a chirp in her voice. She was in an extra good mood.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan smiled as he saw her and heard her response, trotting closer to give her an affectionate nudge to the cheek.

"I've been thinkin' about everyone's talents and roles a lot recently. Makin' sure the pack's well rounded and all."

There was nothing wrong with having a group of wolves that just did whatever work needed to be done, splitting it up on a whim rather than by designation, but for Chan's peace of mind he'd like to know that regardless of what happened day-to-day in the Cove, that when it came to the hard times, emergencies even, the Cove had all the resources it needed to survive.

"Have you... did you want to take up some kind of role, mom?"

Or did she wanna just be retired, filling in as she saw fit?
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

She returned his nudge with a nudge of her own and a lick to his cheek. Her tail continued to sway as he began to speak. He told her that he was thinking about the talents of those of the pack and making sure the pack was well rounded. She didnt think it was possible but even more pride filled her as he spoke. He then asked if she had wanted to take up a role. She thought for a moment as she lowered her haunches to the ground a slower than a younger wolf. Moonshadow's gaze met her sons - her alpha - and she smiled. The large onyx woman had thought about a role before but then she had filled in for Namid and her role became leadership. "I honestly haven't ever considered one. I was still learning 'bout different possibilities when I stepped in for Namid for the first time. Then from there my role was just leadin' or searchin'." She admitted truthfully as she looked back on her life. She felt as if she was well rounded but didn't have enough knowledge or experience about any one area to claim it as a role.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
As she reclined, Chan did too, relaxing onto the soft earth beneath them and listening attentively for his mother's answer. Her answer might've been almost sad to him, thinking that another wolf had spent their life doing for others but not able to take time and figure out what she wanted. He'd witnessed a good chunk of his mother's life, however, and knew that she had done what her heart asked of her, even if it was into unknown territory. Chan doubted that she would take any of it back, but of course that could be just another assumption.

"Yet you made it all look so natural," he smiled back at her, tail thumping the ground.

"I think having you to turn to is the best asset Aleister has, honestly. Who knows this place better?"

The Lake as a whole had never been shared; while the Cove wolves clearly did not possess the whole mountain top, all of it was still home to them, as familiar as the backs of their own paws.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

After she gave her answer it almost echoed in her mind. She was about half way through her seventh year and hadn't ever though about what might interest her. She felt as if someone may find that sad, but looking back on her life, she wouldn't change a thing. She had been found by @Kajika and brought to the cove where she was graciously given a home after all the time she had spent searching for her birth family. As just a yearling Moonshadow wanted nothing more than to learn how to provide for her pack in any way possible. Then after following a dead end of her brother she returned only to be needed to step up as alpha. Despite fearing she was too young and inexperienced the inky girl did what she had to to save her home. From there on out the ebony woman did everything she could for her home, and then her family when she met her husband and had her children. But she was proud of that. Proud to have been there when those she loved needed her most. That's what she loved to do, be there for her family.

She was pulled back to the present when Chan told her she had made it look natural. Her smile widened as her dark banner thumped on the ground causing a small dust cloud to kick up. She wasnt used to being complimented since it had been so long since she had been, let alone from her children. Chan voiced that he thought that she was the best asset Aleister has and that who knew the place better than her. "Thank ya love" she replied. "I guess that could be my role. To help the next generations, Aleister, ya, the pups." she admitted, though she wasnt sure if that was even a role.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan smiled. They all definitely benefited from Moonshadow's experience and wisdom, whether it was obvious in the moment or not. To him, that meant she deserved to be involved in the decisions that impacted the whole pack. Maybe not a choice-maker per say, but at least someone who weighs in and helps the leader navigate their choices.

"Mentor," he mused aloud, feeling the word to be pretty fitting and all-encompassing.

"Counsel? Whatever you wanna call it, I think you're who we should turn to if we need clarity and guidance. It just, makes sense. I mean, you're practically already that wolf, you know?"

Unless when Aleister took back the reins, he decided that he wanted things structured differently. That would very much be out of Chan's paws.
(This post was last modified: Aug 06, 2021, 09:25 PM by Chan.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

She smiled at his muse for a name for her role. Mentor. She liked the sound of that. Then he tried another one, counsel. she want nearly as fond of that one. He continued to explain that she was basically already that wolf that they could turn to for guidance and advice. "I appreciate that love" she thanked him with a wave of her tail. "I like mentor, it reminds me of yer godfather." She admitted with sadness in her eyes. The inky woman missed her inky best friend terribly and wished she could know how he was doing. He had strived to be a teacher and mentor for the cove. He had been to her and her children and many others. So becoming one somehow made her feel like there was a piece of him with her.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
His godfather. Chan smiled at the memories the word brought up, all of them fond. He missed Kajika dearly, it felt wrong to be on the mountain without him in nearly the same way it did to be without Tagg. All they could do about that, however, was hope that he and his family were happy and healthy wherever they had wound up.

"I like that a lot," he agreed with sentimentality in his voice.

"You're comfortable with that, then? Not just teaching, but also advising Aleister, being involved in the big decisions?"

He didn't want his mom to feel pressured or to not fully understand what Chan was asking of her. It was her life, her role, her decision. And, of course, @Aleister's too; when he regained his throne, each pack member's role and subsequent duties would be under his direction once more, regardless of what Chan tried to set into motion or even thought best. That was all okay too. As long as everyone was well and fulfilled, Chan would be happy.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her agouti son agreed with her decision with sentiment in his voice. She smiled warmly, happy they have reached an agreement. Though he clarified a bot more about what he thought the role would include. Teaching and advising, help shape the cove through big decisions. She took a moment before answering as she looked Chan over. Mercury looked over his mismatched orbs set within his tawny face. He looked so much like Tagg but she could also see herself within him. Though right now he reminded her of herself in action more than appearances. "Yes of course" the mother replied. She wasnt worried about giving her input if it were needed, no matter who was in charge. "I will always be happy to offer my experience as guidance for whomever needs it." The ebony woman genuinely meant it, pups, children, grandchildren, leaders, future and past even. Moonshadow was helpful to her core, even when she shouldnt be.