(See All?) Announcements
558 Users Online
Google, Bing

another step closer — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Molo who has 473 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
-with Siyet. Two days after this thread. searching for @Chan or any other SC.

It had taken two full days to reach the lake where he knew the cove wolves to be, once more. They could have done it in less, he supposed, but Jet hadn’t wanted to rush their ascent of the mountain. The climb was not as tough for him as the first had been, though he had a companion to consider. Even so, by the third day, he was certainly tired.

Thankfully, by mid-morning of the third day, he and Siyet were also closing in on the cove. Though they were still a slight distance outside of what he recognized as pack territory, Jethro would pause to send up a short call. Hello, I’m coming, I’ve got company. The dark one did not want to rush forward, and he also wished to give whoever decided to respond ample time to do so. It was the courteous thing to do, he believed.

”Almost there. Should be seein’ someone soon, I think.” Jet offered for the sake of his companion. He was.. arguably more concerned about this meeting than he had been the first one with Nori, though he disguised his apprehension behind an otherwise calm facade. He hoped he hadn't been wrong to bring Siyet here. They'd know soon enough.
(This post was last modified: Aug 11, 2021, 07:39 PM by Jethro.)
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was excited and a little nervous. Soon she would be meeting a new pack. It was a long climb up the mountain to get here, she was exhausted. Hopefully they wouldn't have too much longer before they would meet someone.

Siyet nudged Jethro, "Hey, uhm..anything I should know about the pack, or the leader before I meet them? I would like to make a good impression on them."

She wanted to make sure that she knew the pack hierarchy, and that she didn't step on any toes as a newcomer. When she had been in her pack, she was born into it. Her mother and father were both respected members of the pack, and because of that Siyet had gotten away with a little troublemaking when she was a pup. A particular even crossed her mind; she had been about 5 months old at the time. Thick snow had just blanketed the tundra. She was out playing with some other pups when she caught the scent of something new, something exciting. She followed the scent until she saw a large furry creature. This furry creature had very large ears, and huge rear feet. it was pure white and had blended into the snow no problem. She spotted it though, she had always had excellent eyesight. She hunched down into the snow and started stalking the rabbit just like she would stalk her litter-mates. She then gave chase to the rabbit and it ran away, she followed the rabbit for about half a mile until she found herself a little lost.

She thought about how that event reminded her of the trouble she was in now. However, back then the pack leader had found her, chastised her about wandering off unsupervised, then brought her home.

Home. That was a word that lingered in her head for a minute as she waited for the others reply.
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
After his conversation with Chan about becoming a guardian, Nash had renewed vigor. He had something to work towards, a goal to put his mind to. He now had a purpose for the pack, even when everything settled and his title was official. He had a place. So, even though he was taking a rare break and gnawing on a rodent that had been unfortunate enough to be slower than him, when Jethro's call went up he was on his feet and trotting that way.

He didn't push himself to sprint; Jethro didn't sound like he was in immanent danger when he said 'company', which could only mean he was bringing someone home with him. Given his last companion was Nash's niece, he was intrigued to see who was with him this time. Not another long lost family member (probably), but Sanguine Cove was always open to new family.

It didn't take him too long to see the dark wolf and his pale companion. He greeted them with a short bark. "Welcome home," he said warmly to Jethro before turning to the small woman with him and smiling, tail wagging behind him. "I'm Nash, Sanguine Cove's guardian. It's nice to meet you." A thrill went through him as he said it. His first interaction as the official guardian of the pack! He was so excited.

Played by Van who has 70 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Noriaki Eastfall-Koizumi
Warning: Some swears and a very emotionally conflicted Nori post ahead!
Slight powerplay involved in her jumping on Jet - if that's not okay, please let me know! @Jethro

Unlike the dark female she'd come across at the border the day prior, this call was familiar. In fact, she'd wager a guess that this was the one she'd been waiting for for almost two months now. If she were being honest with herself, she'd admit that she had nearly given up hope that he'd ever come back to the Cove - that it really had just been a temporary stay, and that he'd found himself a new place to settle down.

The warring joy and fury in her chest were confusing. Both made her feel warm, and caused her to break out into a dead on sprint toward the border. And if Nori had one thing going for her, it was that she was fast. Long legs carried her quickly over the rough terrain, and she barely even slowed down when she caught sight of him. Nash was there already, and there was a little white figure by his side, as well, but she'd get to them later.

Nori leaped as soon as she was within tackling distance and aimed to utilize every bit of her weight to knock both herself and Jet to the ground, not to harm him, but to... well, she wasn't exactly sure. Explosive, genuine expressions of emotion were certainly not her forte, and if she'd been more aware of the little stranger he had with him, she probably wouldn't have behaved in this way. But he was finally back, and in one piece, and she was simultaneously extremely happy and extremely upset.

The girl leaned back to glare down at him, brown eyes narrowed. "What the hell, Jet?" she demanded, which honestly had not been what she wanted to say. "You've got a lot of nerve, leaving without even saying goodbye! And you didn't even ask if I wanted to go with you! Inconsiderate, rude, mean," she ranted, dramatic and honestly pretty on brand for her at this point. Her eyes misted a little as another confusing emotion soothed her - relief. "I was really worried about you and I'm happy you're okay!" Her tone hadn't changed much from how she'd begun her rave, but it did quiet down as she finished,

"I missed you."
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Two calls within two days was certainly exciting and the former cove queen was curious each time. The previous day's call was completely unfamiliar unlike today's. Though the voice hadnt been heard for a while, Moon certainly recognized it as Jethro's. A smile pulled her lips up as she left her shaded rock and made her way to the border. Her trot was leisurely through the trees. Her days of rushing to the borders to answer calls were behind her. Though her sense was urgency was still there it wasnt as much since she knew at least one wolf who was at their border.

Aging limbs made their way to the border, slowing as four forms came into view. Moon easily recognized her youngest son, standing proud within their home. Then her metallic gaze fell on a small pale female whom must had been standing next to Jethro, who was...on the ground? Tawny and inky rolled on the ground until Nori regained her footing and looked down at her friend before berating him with anger and relief. The grandmother understood the feeling of worry and anger her granddaughter felt but she also knew there was a time and place for such conversations. She moved next to Nash giving him a nudge to his cheek before she took an extra step forward. Mercury pools feel on similarly colored pools of the young girl with a smile before looking to the tangled mess of Nori and Jethro. Moonshadow allowed her grandchild to finish her rant before clearing her throat and looking at the two expectantly. Her head was was held high but not in a threatening way and her tail flicked at her hocks. Her posture was describe to be that of matronly disapproving grandmother, which funnily enough she actually was in this moment.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Molo who has 473 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
- going to play it that Jet doesn't have IC knowledge of the leadership change at SC

There seemed a note of apprehension on the part of Siyet, as well, which manifested itself in the form of an inquiry. ”The leader is Aliester. Didn’t really talk to him, but if he’s anything like the rest, they’re all pretty nice and lax. Long as you help out, I guess.” He didn’t know too much about how things operated internally at the Cove, and didn’t want to speak too much to what he did not know. But that was how things had seemed during the weeks he’d spent here, earlier on.

A familiar face was the first to greet them, Nash sauntered up, issuing a surprising welcome. After all this time, he hadn’t been quite sure what to expect, but a welcome home hadn’t even been on the list of considerations. It was nice, though. The corners of Jet’s mouth pulled upward in a smile, as he issued a curt nod to the other. ”Nice to see you, too.” And, truthfully, it was.

Nash introduced himself as a guardian, his warm introduction easing some of Jet’s apprehension, and hopefully some of Siyet’s, as well. He’d been prepared to introduce his new companion when he caught sight of the near blur of a familiar figure that came streaking across the horizon shortly thereafter. As he wondered what the first words from her would be, the dark one realized far too late that she didn’t show any signs of stopping.

And all of the sudden, his balance and breath were gone. The world was spun briefly, and then something sharp jabbed into his shoulder as he impacted the rocky earth. A soft, ”ow” escaped him after that. So much for a good impression.

He didn’t have to wait long to find out what Nori’s words were, either. Seemingly unhindered by the presence of others, Nori began with an unsurprising what the hell and continued on from there. Jet couldn’t find it in him to move or to even blink, lying nearly motionless except for his breath. A plethora of emotions sparked through him, the most prominent of them a sense of irritation. There were a lot of things he would’ve liked to say, but not in the presence of others. The outburst tapered off though, ending with something nobody had ever said to him before, and with that, along with the appearance of a rather disapproving-looking Moonshadow, a portion of the irritation faded away.

”I’m sorry. I.. missed you too, though.” Jet uttered, finding it was about all he could manage at the moment, though the expression was genuine. With a grunt he picked himself up, sparing a cursory glance at his shoulder. A small laceration and a trickle of crimson had been added there, inflicted probably by a rock or something. Another scar to add to the collection, but honestly the first that hadn’t been caused by someone else’s jaws. Nothing to worry about in the big picture, though.

”Nash, Nori, Moonshadow, this is Siyet. Brought her here to meet y’all.” Jet hoped his newest acquaintance wouldn’t have been frightened off by the sudden commotion. He glanced towards Siyet at that, to let her add anything she wanted from there.
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was surprised by the whole encounter. First a wolf pranced up all excited like introducing himself as Nash. He seemed like a fairly confident, and proud wolf to her. He introduced himself as a guardian, must mean that he guards the borders and such. Then, seemly out of nowhere, another wolf started running straight at them. Siyet got nervous and stood her ground, expecting the worst from this new wolf. She was surprised as this wolf didn't attack her, but instead her traveling companion. I thought that he was on good terms with them?

This wolf started to chastise him about his whereabouts and soon Siyet realized that there was more between them that meets the eye. She wondered if this was possibly the other wolf that Jethro had been muttering about. How adorable.

A third wolf showed up, and older yet strong looking one. Her demeanor was calm and proud as she held her head up high. Could this be a higher ranking wolf compared to the other two that had appeared?

As Jethro rose from his encounter with the second wolf, Siyet eased up a little and shy said, "H...Hi there. I am Siyet. I uh...am a bit lost and ran into this wolf and he offered to bring me to you guys. Its a pleasure to meet you all."

She looked at the three different wolves standing around her, and couldn't help but feel a little out of place.
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
No sooner had Nash finished speaking, Nori was flying out of nowhere and tackling Jethro. Nash could do nothing but stare, surprised, as his niece began barating the man for leaving. Rather than cut her off, he simply watched her, impressed. He wished he had the will to do the same with Chan; as it was, he could only meekly ask him to stay, just a bit longer, only a little more... And maybe he could delay @Chan leaving indefinitely.

Nash was so selfish.

His mother arrived not long after, staring disapprovingly at her granddaughter. Finally Nash decided to step in. It was his job as guardian and uncle, wasn't it? "Nori," he said, not unkindly. Maybe even a little amused. He glanced at his mother before turning to the young girl who was clearly uncomfortable. He smiled in what he hoped was a reassuring way. "Well, you've made it. We need to wait for Chan, our current leader, for the final say, but I can't imagine he'd turn you away." he shot a glance at Moon. "Honestly I'm surprised he's not here by now."

Played by Van who has 70 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Noriaki Eastfall-Koizumi
Oh, oops.

Nori winced a bit as she realized the full weight of her actions. The poor newcomer was probably stressed out enough without having a whirlwind of a girl storm onto the scene. She didn’t try to hold Jethro down, instead stepping back and lowering her head a little. Even Moon looked disappointed in her, which was quite literally the end of the world.

”Sorry,” she murmured sheepishly, embarrassed. She’d probably made a bad first impression on the newcomer - Siyet, apparently - and had made the Cove wolves look bad. It had been stupid, she internally berated herself, to act so impulsively. Normally, she was more restrained than this.

Maybe she should add on more to her apology. Welcome to the Cove! I swear I’m not always a massive dumbass. But she refrained. There probably wasn’t much else for her to say in this conversation. She’d done enough, and Moonshadow and Nash could handle it better than she could. Chan, too when he showed up.
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

She wasnt disappointed per say, more like unimpressed but she understood the reasoning behind her granddaughter's behavior. Mercury orbs watched as the young dark man pinned under the youngest Eastfall apologized to her before getting up. Nash spoke up saying the youngest Eastfall's name. This caused Nori to realize those around her and apologized quietly. Moon could talk to her later about it. Jethro got back up and introduced them all. Moonshadow looked to the small pale female whose name was Siyet and gave her a welcoming smile. Nash continued to explain that Chan was the current alpha and would make the final decision though he also expressed his confidence that his brother wouldn't turn her away. HE then looked to her and admitted that he was surprised the agouti man wasnt there yet. The mother did find it peculiar since @Chan was usually very prompt but she also knew he had been working hard and usually slept during the day. She wasnt worried. "I'm sure he wont be too much longer. In the meantime its nice to meet ya Siyet." The grey woman gave the girl a warm smile. Moonshadow loved seeing new faces and providing those in need with a safe place. But she did worry, fall would soon be upon them and it would be the pack's first winter together. They would need wolves who would not only pull their own weight but also remain within the cove to help them through the year's toughest season. These thoughts remained at the back of her mind but for now she would focus on the task at hand, and that was welcoming the new girl.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]