(See All?) Announcements
510 Users Online
Google, Bing, Oleander, Towser, Neo, Viorel, Khalon

Fabulous FUNgi — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 610 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
SC RE: An unusual amount of mushrooms have sprouted in your territory. Nash is patrolling the borders of the Cove, anyone is welcome, Cove wolves or not! Early morning 8/12, broken clouds, cool morning air.

What even is a sleep schedule, Nash wondered to himself when he was up this early. Sometimes he found himself taking after his brother and roaming the mountain all night. Other times he was curled up with @Moonshadow by the time the sun set. He settled for the night late the previous day, and yet here he was, at the crack of dawn, up and patrolling the borders.

He did have a job to do, after all, and it was about time the markers were refreshed anyway.

As he walked, Nash couldn't help but notice just how many mushrooms were sprouting from the roots of the trees he was pausing to mark. He considered them. How odd.

Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet had awoken after hearing a very loud hooting owl in a tree nearby. She decided that she was thirsty and would go for a drink. It was very early and the sun was barely starting to peak up at the horizon. As she started to walk from her sleeping spot she saw him. That happy little spastic....guardian? Is that what he had called himself?

He was near quite a bunch newly sprouted mushrooms. He seemed to be intrigued by the new flora that had suddenly sown up. Siyet too was quite surprised by all them. She walked in his direction.

"Wow, look at all these mushrooms. I've never seen this many before, we rarely had them on the tundra; sumtimes in the summer we would get some but this is incredible."
(This post was last modified: Aug 16, 2021, 02:55 AM by Siyet.)
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash most certainly did not jump. He heard the young girl coming just in time to stop himself from embarrassing himself when she did speak. He might have twitched. But only a little. Guardians did not jump when others snuck up behind them, because guardians paid attention to their surroundings at all times and did not get snuck up on by anybody. Even tiny little wolves like their newest member.

Idiot, Nash berated himself as he turned to flash a smile at Siyet. "We don't usually get them this much here, either." he looked at them a moment longer, wondering if they were poisonous. He should get his butt in gear and seek out that @Landen guy and ask him. He needed to meet him and be social, anyway. He needed to forge bonds.

"I'm patrolling the borders; care to join me?" She was still new; a walk around the territory's perimeter might be welcome, and he would be happy to give her a full tour if she wanted one.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was a little surprised at the fact Nash had asked her to go on patrol with him. She had just been introduced to the pack.

A little skeptical she replied "Uhm..sure that would be fine. What's first?"

She was interested to see all the territory that the pack held, she would be able to navigate it a little better.

As she started following Nash, she stepped on one of the mushrooms and it let out a cloud of spores that caused her to sneeze. " Oh excuse me, that tickled my nose." she said shyly.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash let his jaws open in a wide smile and wagged his tail as Siyet agreed to walk with him. Some company would be a nice change, and might help the nervous girl feel a little more at home. "This way," he said continuing his way toward the next marking point.

He glanced back as she sneezed, and managed to mostly contain a huffed laugh at her surprised face and shy tone. "They'll do that," he said, beckoning her onward. They reached the next point and Nash paused long enough to mark it. There were mushrooms here, too. "I hope they're not poisonous. I'd hate for the pups to get hold of some and get sick." he frowned. To the best of his knowledge none of the children ventured this far out yet and he hadn't seen too many fungi in the central territory, but he should probably talk to @Kip and @Aquene to warn them.

"I know you haven't been here long, but how are you liking it so far?" he asked as they walked.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was following Nash as they continued on with the patrol. He seemed concerned that the mushrooms could be poisonous to the pups. She didn't realize that the pack had pups, she hadn't seen any in her short time of being there "Oh definitely don't want the little ones to get into these, just on the off chance they are poison. Maybe we ought to inform them to stay away?

Nash being the guardian and all, Siyet was sure that he would know how to handle that situation. She would prefer not to step on any toes having just met this new pack.

Speaking of which, Nash had asked how it was so far.

She pondered this question, it was definitely nice to have company. Though, being surrounded by new unfamiliar faces was causing a bit of anxiety for her. The mountainous region they were in was also not quite as cold as she was used to, she figured that with enough time she would get used to the warmer temperature. For now though, she was feeling a smidge uncomfortable.

" Well..I definitely appreciate that you all came out to Jethro and I, even if that other girl was a bit..extreme with how she handled him returning. She chuckled. "But all in all, you all seem to be decent people, and for that I am grateful. I am a bit warmer here though, and would love to cool off in a stream, or lake or something."
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash glanced back at the girl walking with him with a small smile. "I was planning on informing Kip and Aquene, the pups' mothers. We have two litters here this year." he was sure Siyet didn't know yet; the pups were a tad shy and even he didn't see them much.

He poked his nose at another patch of the fungi, debating how advisable it might be to try a nibble and see if it made him sick. He decided against it; he'd seen other animals die from eating the wrong plant material.

Siyet drew his attention again as he continued forward to mark the next spot. "Of course we came out; we're all curious when someone new joins up." He chucked a little bit at the memory of Nori bounding out of nowhere and tackling Jethro to the ground. "That was @Nori, my niece. She's still young, and Jethro left without saying goodbye. I can understand her excitement."

That reminded him; he needed to spend more time with her. He was a bad uncle, busying himself so much he hadn't taken the time to get to know his sister's daughter.

He smiled at the mention of the weather. "Don't worry; it'll get plenty cold in a few months when the winter comes. I'm glad I'll have the pack to cuddle up with this year; toughing it alone isn't the best." But he didn't need to think about that right now, or ever again really. Unless... unless he did leave with Chan some day. "In the meantime, the lake is a great place to cool down and go fishing. I stop by every day. Don't tell me you haven't seen it? We're called the Cove for a reason. The pack den is on the shores of the lake; did nobody show you?" If that was the case, it was a grave misstep on the half of the pack.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
She was surprised that there were two litters, she wasn't used to that many being born in one season. Such is the way of sub-arctic wolves she guessed.

So that other female, Nori, was his neice. Her and Jethro seemed to be awfully close for her to react like that. "Oh I see, so are they lovers then? Cause she sure seemed to make it pretty obvious." She laughed at that remark and thought that it was a little weird for Jet to not stick around with such a cute girl there to be there for him.

Cold relief in a few months. The idea pleased Siyet and she let a small smile show on her face. "I look forward to those cold months then, I am sure I can help keep the pack warm. I get a pretty thick coat in the colder season. But for now yes! Let's go see the lake! Jet showed me a smaller one but it was nothing to yip at.

The though of clear, cool water on her fur made her very excited. Her tail wagged visibly, and she couldn't help but prance around a little bit. She remembered she was in new company and got embarrassed and tried to keep her cool. But her rear end still shook with anticipation.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash was sniffing the base of a tree and trying to determine if the scent marker here needed to be refreshed when Siyet asked her question. He choked and looked up, wide eyed. "Absolutely not, she's barely a year old and- and they only met on their way to the Cove, and-" he caught himself before he spiraled into one of his typical run-ons. "Erm, I mean to say, I doubt it. They're just friends, but they traveled together for a while before they arrived here." He offered an apologetic smile.

Her excitement at the mention of winter had Nash smiling, and her even more overt excitement about the lake had him wagging his own tail. He allowed himself a small laugh. "Well, our lake here is beautiful and... well, it's home. I'd be happy to show you, as soon as we're done with the patrol. It shouldn't be much longer. I was already mostly done when you found me anyway." He wouldn't be caught slacking at this task; it was important he prove to Chan he could be a great guardian for the pack, and be worthy of the expectation placed on his shoulders.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was a little confused, Nori definitely seemed to have some sort of feelings toward Jet. Was Nash just incredibly oblivious? Or was Siyet just not getting the full picture?

Nash seemed to be amused with himself over Siyet's excitement of the lake. He laughed, and Siyet couldn't help but blush a little.

I appreciate you showing me around the patrol area. I can't wait to see the lake. I bet it is absolutely spectacular. I also hope I can catch a fish or two for breakfast.

The sun definitely was higher in the sky than it was when she first woke up. Soon she imagined the others would be waking as well, if not already. As the sun shined and warmer her up even more she couldn't help but have a smile on her face. She had found herself a good pack to spend time with.